Login

russian armor

PPSH needs a buff?

6 Aug 2015, 06:18 AM

I can't help but feel that the PPSH needs a buff on both Conscripts and Shock troops due to the fact they don't stack up against Falsch or or Obers or even P.Grens. Since you have to get face to face to even use them, by the time you get there, either you're losing men faster than you can kill his or you take so much damage getting to them that you have to retreat. I believe that Shocks definitely have enough health but their damage output isn't on par with other special Axis units. Anyone else feel the same?
6 Aug 2015, 08:07 AM

I agree on scripts but shock troops are a pretty damn good elite unit. Use line of sight/smoke to get close without getting battered.

As a side note I got two lmg34s from obers on a shock troop squad on tuesday and they were hands down the most broken thing i've ever used. I know thats unrelated but I'm telling everybody.
6 Aug 2015, 08:55 AM

It needs buff only on scripts.

Small armor increase/accuracy reduction once upgraded to help them fulfill role of assault troops.

Or reduce number of ppshs cons receive to 2 or even 1 to retain some of their middle- and long-range dps with mosins but buff those ppshs so they can puck a punch close.
6 Aug 2015, 09:33 AM

-nerf upgrade price 120 muni

-make it give all six Cons PPSHs

-balance
6 Aug 2015, 09:54 AM
Patrion 14

Ppsh's are insane on shocks.
6 Aug 2015, 10:54 AM

Ppsh's on shocks OK. Conscripts not OK. If the Ppsh gave some sort of useful skill it would be nice. Or just buff con SMG DPS.
6 Aug 2015, 11:20 AM

Make it worth 40 munis. :foreveralone:
6 Aug 2015, 11:30 AM
Donator 11

Ppsh's on shocks OK. Conscripts not OK. If the Ppsh gave some sort of useful skill it would be nice. Or just buff con SMG DPS.

Some food for thought:
The useful part is short range dps and improved scaling. Imagine 2-3 Maxims supressing stuff, now clean up with your fragile CQB Cons, which also have Molos, AT nades, Merge, Oorah, and can build cover, while they're cheap to reinforce.

Small armor increase/accuracy reduction once upgraded to help them fulfill role of assault troops....

Kinda good idea. Some light armor package with an increased price - poor mans Shocks basically.
6 Aug 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 11:30 AMkamk

Some food for thought:
The useful part is short range dps and improved scaling. Imagine 2-3 Maxims supressing stuff, now clean up with your fragile CQB Cons, which also have Molos, AT nades, Merge, Oorah, and can build cover, while they're cheap to reinforce.

Are you trying to say that con are so good, I understood correctly?
6 Aug 2015, 12:40 PM

As things stand cons in green cover>cons with ppsh. Several cons in green cover+shocks for assault>>equal amount of manpower invested in cons with ppsh.

For 0 ammo.

6 Aug 2015, 12:57 PM
Donator 11

Are you trying to say that con are so good, I understood correctly?

Not sure where i say that they're "so good". I'm saying they got a situational buff due the PPSH, not a general one.
6 Aug 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 12:57 PMkamk

Not sure where i say that they're "so good". I'm saying they got a situational buff due the PPSH, not a general one.

Why not if it will late stage buff. But back to the PPSH. OKW long and middle range LMG/FG/GW torn to pieces con with PPSH in all distances. That is the problem.
6 Aug 2015, 13:33 PM

Using Oorah to quickly close distance helps a lot, especially if you can use LOS to your advantage. Cons with PPSH are pretty map dependent IMO, they can be pretty good on maps like Ettlebruck but pretty masochistic to use on maps like Crossing in the Woods.
aaa
6 Aug 2015, 13:42 PM

+1 to topic.
Question. Does PPSH upgrade makes squad twice less efective at long range?
6 Aug 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 13:42 PMaaa
+1 to topic.
Question. Does PPSH upgrade makes squad less efective at long range?

Not only on long but also on middle.

When you buy upgrade, it relapses mosins rifles with 3 ppsh, which do decent damage ON VERY CLOSE RANGE, but close to 0 damage on all other ranges, thus leaving cons with only half of their already bad damage on middle and long range.

Basically, once upgraded, cons become assgrens, which on top of assgren's problems with non-existent dps outside close range forced to fight against grens and okw infantry with much stronger long- and middle-range firepower. In most cases cons take so much damage on approach it forces them to retreat before they can do any damage at all in close range.
aaa
6 Aug 2015, 13:47 PM

Not only on long but also on middle.

When you buy upgrade, it relapses mosins rifles with 3 ppsh, which do decent damage ON VERY CLOSE RANGE, but close to 0 damage on all other ranges, thus making cons do half of their already bad damage on middle and long range.

Does it mean that this upgrade should not be used?
I would gladly trade PPSH for PTRS.
6 Aug 2015, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 13:47 PMaaa
Does it mean that this upgrade should not be used?

As things stand cons in green cover>cons with ppsh. Several cons in green cover+shocks for assault>>equal amount of manpower invested in cons with ppsh.

For 0 ammo.

It can be used, but question is why you want to use it if you can use just shocks with normal cons which far more potent in their roles.

Ppshs worst weapon upgrade in whole game aside from vehicle crews Thompsons which suck only because vehicle crews cost 30 mp to reinforce.
6 Aug 2015, 13:56 PM

Conscript PPSH41s are bad. Either the guns themselves need to be buffed or the PPSH41 package should come with something else, like become an 'assault package' with smoke grenades or something.
6 Aug 2015, 14:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Hm maybe do like with OKW sweeper, same with ppsh ?
aaa
6 Aug 2015, 14:29 PM

For 0 ammo.

I actualy didnt used shocks for a long time now. Do you think they worth 390 MP?
Ofc I would have guards instead of shocks but with current comanders and changes to the game you dont have a choice.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★