Login

russian armor

P47 strike

1 Aug 2015, 23:27 PM

Needs to be fixed in its target area.

Just had a game where i lost a KT and 2 Sturmtigers in a game where my tanks were half the map away from the airstrike radius. and it chased them down and killed them.

Fucking ridiculous, might aswel give them a nuke to drop on my base at 20 cp.

Please get it fixed relic. x3 extra radus than what is shown for P47 strike is nuts.

Or expand the visible radius so i can see how far i need to run at least. like wtf.
1 Aug 2015, 23:38 PM

Yeah, had that too. Hiding in the corner of the map after the first run and the second and third run just come straight for my tanks despite they were far, far away from the shown radius. Ostheer stuka strafe doesn't do this, so why should the P47?
1 Aug 2015, 23:41 PM

Still a basic misunderstanding of how plane abilities work in coh2.

If you are in the circle when the ability is picking a new target, it doesn't matter where you go after that.

This applies to all plane loiters in the game, and the P47 is currently the shittiest of them all because it's the only one that got a massive nerf to its radius.
1 Aug 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 23:41 PMCruzz

If you are in the circle when the ability is picking a new target, it doesn't matter where you go after that.

This applies to all plane loiters in the game, and the P47 is currently the shittiest of them all because it's the only one that got a massive nerf to its radius.

First off... its not a misunderstanding, Im aware of how it works, which is why i made this post...

Whats the point of dropping red smoke to "warn" a player if there is nothing they can do about the impending 12 rockets up the ass their tank is about to recive?

and it just happily fucked me over of 3 heavy tanks in a game... in 3 strikes...

Airstrikes should be supporting not game winning.

It needs tuning down, (tbh all call-in aircraft do) but at least straifs arnt as game changing.
1 Aug 2015, 23:56 PM

If you keep even Panzer 4 in the middle of P47s so they can target you all the time, there is a chance that Pz4 will survive (rockets often hit next to vehicle).

It's worse than Stuka.

And if you have problems with P47, while you have tons of fuel (KT and ST) you can easily pick 251/17 and keep it behind lines so it can snipe planes.
2 Aug 2015, 04:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 23:41 PMCruzz

The Stuka strafe and P47 have a recon run and an attack run, and this repeats 3 times during the ability (or until shot down). IF the target is in the targeting circle for the recon run, it will be attacked on the following attack run - correct? But it resets (or atleast it should!), after the first attack, once the target has moved well out of the zone, the second and third recon runs don't see it (or shouldn't) and therefore it is not attacked on those runs. With the Stuka strafe, that's how it works. But he P47 has a habit of ignoring those rules, picking a target and attacking it on all three runs, which it shouldn't. The zone is there for a reason. Once the unit has exited the zone by a decent distance, and the recon runs of the zone don't see it, it should therefore not be attacked. No misunderstanding.

I hate to disagree with you Cruzz, because your knowledge of the game is second to none! But I have the Stuka strafe in 2 of my 3 commanders on my main load out, and I use it A LOT! The Stuka works great, but the P47 does not follow the same rules. As to which one relic intends, I do not know. But after watching both, and using both excessively, they are different and there is a problem.
2 Aug 2015, 08:16 AM
Patrion 28

the P47 needs to have the rockets land closer together so it hits medium tanks facing it headon for consistency. if it also needs a nerf/fix in some other area that's fine.

stuka CAS needs to do less damage and/or be at least somewhat avoidable.

IL-2 CAS needs a damage buff and to figure out what its purpose in life is.
2 Aug 2015, 08:23 AM

"I can't retreat my armor in time and I don't know where AA unit button is, so I'm losing my low hp tanks to shittiest loiter in game that costs the most, rerik pls nerf" thread again.
2 Aug 2015, 08:27 AM

the P47 needs to have the rockets land closer together so it hits medium tanks facing it headon for consistency. if it also needs a nerf/fix in some other area that's fine.

stuka CAS needs to do less damage and/or be at least somewhat avoidable.

IL-2 CAS needs a damage buff and to figure out what its purpose in life is.

but if we apply your idea then p47 have advantage because they have 2 planes...so 2 stuka and il-2 that would be more unbalanced,other option only 1 p47 that will make it weak,i think it is fine as it is now just need to something about p47 attacking out of radius and the il-2

The Stuka strafe and P47 have a recon run and an attack run, and this repeats 3 times during the ability (or until shot down). IF the target is in the targeting circle for the recon run, it will be attacked on the following attack run - correct? But it resets (or atleast it should!), after the first attack, once the target has moved well out of the zone, the second and third recon runs don't see it (or shouldn't) and therefore it is not attacked on those runs. With the Stuka strafe, that's how it works. But he P47 has a habit of ignoring those rules, picking a target and attacking it on all three runs, which it shouldn't. The zone is there for a reason. Once the unit has exited the zone by a decent distance, and the recon runs of the zone don't see it, it should therefore not be attacked. No misunderstanding.

I hate to disagree with you Cruzz, because your knowledge of the game is second to none! But I have the Stuka strafe in 2 of my 3 commanders on my main load out, and I use it A LOT! The Stuka works great, but the P47 does not follow the same rules. As to which one relic intends, I do not know. But after watching both, and using both excessively, they are different and there is a problem.

You are right. P47s were just like u describe but from the new patch, they ignores the recon pass, and keep attacking the same vehicle. I think it is a very bad bug that need to be fixed as soon as possible

if you think p47 are ridiculous wait for ukf....typhoons are coming
2 Aug 2015, 09:11 AM

if you think p47 are ridiculous wait for ukf....typhoons are coming

Which are reskinned P47 with less impact.

Oh yea, they'll be so scary. :snfBarton:
2 Aug 2015, 09:15 AM

Ok, I made few tests and I did not see any issues you are saying.
I launched P47 onto KT and drive with it just next to red circle.

Results?

P47s (after first wave when they attacked KT) were circling just next to KT which was out of the red circle by a hair.

No matter how many times I try, P47s always stop to attack when out of red circle (unless they target you for second wave before you ge of from the circle)
2 Aug 2015, 11:37 AM

"I can't retreat my armor in time and I don't know where AA unit button is, so I'm losing my low hp tanks to shittiest loiter in game that costs the most, rerik pls nerf" thread again.

U - click as soon as red smoke lands, As the first aircraft enters the minimap... half health Sturmtiger killed a whole sector away from the red area.. explain to me how to react quicker.
2 Aug 2015, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 11:37 AMCorsin

U - click as soon as red smoke lands, As the first aircraft enters the minimap... half health Sturmtiger killed a whole sector away from the red area.. explain to me how to react quicker.

Half-health Sturmtiger dies with 3th wave (5th strike) if not moving (standing in the middle of the red circle)
When you consider that P47s won't strike you if you get out from the circle without being taken on target, I hardly belive what you are saying. In other words, replay is needed.

When Im moving away just next to circle, planes are circling around and cannot attack me.
No matter what I do, it's always the same. Sometimes 1 plane will attack me out of the circle but it's because I moved out from it when plane was already flying to attack.

Stuka strike needs 2 strikes to kill 50%HP Strumtiger which is a much less time than P47s.

And get 251/17 it will kill P47 after first wave.
2 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM

What? I thought relic already fixed this, i had a game with a guy using airborn and i just drove my tanks out of the attack circle and they never attacked them. How do you lose a kt and sturms to a p47? They dont even do that much damage
2 Aug 2015, 12:42 PM

Terrible bug if what hogman is saying is can happen, but as people can't seem to replicate it i'm just going to assume he's mistaken.
2 Aug 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 23:55 PMCorsin

First off... its not a misunderstanding, Im aware of how it works, which is why i made this post...

Whats the point of dropping red smoke to "warn" a player if there is nothing they can do about the impending 12 rockets up the ass their tank is about to recive?

and it just happily fucked me over of 3 heavy tanks in a game... in 3 strikes...

Airstrikes should be supporting not game winning.

It needs tuning down, (tbh all call-in aircraft do) but at least straifs arnt as game changing.

P47 is where the other airstrikes should be. It doesn't one shot anything. There are about billion counter play options against it. (Get an Ostwind, cuddle up to shot blockers, place an expendable vehicle in the targeting circle to draw fire, keep moving, get out of the f****** circle.) It costs 240 munitions and doesn't one shot anything (unlike the still-ridiculous stuka at loiter/strafe.) It *is* supporting not game winning. They don't do enough damage to kill a heavy in one pass, even if its at half health.
2 Aug 2015, 14:05 PM

What? I thought relic already fixed this, i had a game with a guy using airborn and i just drove my tanks out of the attack circle and they never attacked them. How do you lose a kt and sturms to a p47? They dont even do that much damage

Was after like an engagement with allied tanks, limping out at 30% hp, P47 strike gets called in, after taking a few rockets on the chin (which is fine) i back up outa the circle by a long ass way, and still get hunted down.
2 Aug 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 23:27 PMCorsin
Needs to be fixed in its target area.

Just had a game where i lost a KT and 2 Sturmtigers in a game where my tanks were half the map away from the airstrike radius. and it chased them down and killed them.

Fucking ridiculous, might aswel give them a nuke to drop on my base at 20 cp.

Please get it fixed relic. x3 extra radus than what is shown for P47 strike is nuts.

Or expand the visible radius so i can see how far i need to run at least. like wtf.

If you got engine damage or pathfinding messes you up it is, otherwise no.

Imo don't buy KT if you want to win.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS