Login

russian armor

Flacktrack

29 Jul 2015, 13:00 PM

Would be p cool if the AA HT's got 400 health and Ost got the Pak moved to T1 so all factions have access to early AT and can counter the HT's but they could still remain useful.

volks by themselves can still handle early game by themselves

No, they cannot. Volks are a joke that exist only to carry around shreks.

29 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

So.... you gonna make another AI unit when Sherman strikes at you?

I didnt think i said that. but in the okw's case shermans are not that relevant because volks have shreks they are not in danger from an early game sherman. with the okw you need to understand what your opponent is going to do because if you make the wrong choice you will not recover from it.

for the ostheer its different because they dont have shreks in abundance and the stug is only half the price of a single jp4.
29 Jul 2015, 13:04 PM

Would be p cool if the AA HT's got 400 health and Ost got the Pak moved to T1 so all factions have access to early AT and can counter the HT's but they could still remain useful.

No, they cannot. Volks are a joke that exist only to carry around shreks.

support them with the sp's and kubel then.
29 Jul 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 13:04 PMZyllen

support them with the sp's and kubel then.

Since the rackten buff I just got for an extra sturm and early rackten with maybe 3 Volks. Normally I only get more if I need more map control or I'm desperate. Right now Volks don't really have a point to them.

They are the most useful for infiltration nades lol.
29 Jul 2015, 13:08 PM

Simple counter play. When I smell Sherman rush, I pick JPIV to deny it.

Hm. Then if your nose makes a mistake, you will pay dearly. Because OKW pays dearly in terms of mistakes.
29 Jul 2015, 14:53 PM

USF players go Stuart almost every game now and Soviet players will almost always get early M5's. Which is the problem; the Flaktrack can't be used because people can get a counter out to it (that it can't avoid or fight back at) at the same time it hits the field.

I don't really want to repeat myself. Just read other people replies.
29 Jul 2015, 14:59 PM

Smelly Shermans!!
29 Jul 2015, 15:10 PM

I don't really want to repeat myself. Just read other people replies.

How about actually trying to articulate your point instead of just passive aggressively shitposting?
29 Jul 2015, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 13:08 PMJohnnyB

Hm. Then if your nose makes a mistake, you will pay dearly. Because OKW pays dearly in terms of mistakes.

Well, if you see Ltn/Cpt and you dont see M20/AA/Stuart it's quite obvious.
29 Jul 2015, 15:42 PM

ah ye 40 fuel, so he can be more Op.
29 Jul 2015, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 12:56 PMZyllen

flat out lie. you still have infantry that can stand up to rifles like fsj fusiliers and with the support of the jeagers even volks. and while obers are a bit overnerfed and need a mp reduction its doesnt change the fact they are still potent ai. and why take an aa track when you can get a luchs. and volks by themselves can still handle early game by themselves so no need for an early flak.

and the usf of course cannot support his flak . this just insane logic here when people always put 1 unit against an entire army and then say that 1 unit is (un)balanced because it cannot face said army.

perhaps

Well, the fact that you said that flak HT being the meta is me flat out lieing, proves that you have absolutely zero idea about 1v1 , and 2v2 pretty much. Perhaps not this patch, because of soviet T3 and stuart changes, but before that flak HT was in almost every game.

Yes USF can support his flak, and OKW can also support his flak. You were the one that said the USF AA HT shuts down the flak HT, you were the first one that compared these units in a 1v1 situation.

Fact is supported OKW HT> supported american HT. They get raketens and shrecks, while USF gets only zooks and no atguns, unless he goes captain after his HT or airborne company.

Plus the OKW AA HT is way more lethal againts infantry. Once the OKW AA HT gets to vet 1 there is no contest, he can just pop smoke and attack ground, and USF aa ht cant do anything because it cant attack ground.

29 Jul 2015, 16:53 PM

You can attack ground with the USF AA HT. It has a ballistic weapon on it. I would gladly trade the smoke on the Flaktrack for better mobility or just more raw endurance. It would also be awesome if it could be upgraded with skirts.

Generally when I make Flaktracks if they survive (god willing) the opening of the game I just stick them behind my lines to shoot down planes.
29 Jul 2015, 17:24 PM
Benefactor 392

i love the flacktrack, it is a beautiful thing. just support it to support you and you'll do fine. i had game changing games with it both good and bad, and games were it never mattered, but hey, that is what it is like with other units isn't it?
29 Jul 2015, 17:35 PM

You can attack ground with the USF AA HT. It has a ballistic weapon on it. I would gladly trade the smoke on the Flaktrack for better mobility or just more raw endurance. It would also be awesome if it could be upgraded with skirts.

Generally when I make Flaktracks if they survive (god willing) the opening of the game I just stick them behind my lines to shoot down planes.

Stop spreading around bullshit. I am 100% sure you cannot attack ground with the USF AA HT.
29 Jul 2015, 18:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It can attack move and killl abandoned weapons/vehicles/wooden houses. That's it.

Shows how much USF he plays :luvDerp:
29 Jul 2015, 18:22 PM

It can attack move and killl abandoned weapons/vehicles/wooden houses.

Shows how much USF he plays :luvDerp:

There is a lil difference between a-move and ground attack.

Does it have G hotkey for ground attack?
I also don't think it does.
29 Jul 2015, 18:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 18:22 PMKatitof

There is a lil difference between a-move and ground attack.

Does it have G hotkey for ground attack?
I also don't think it does.

No it doesn't, only attack move(which you should never use unless you're trying to destroy an ambient object)
29 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM

No it doesn't, only attack move(which you should never use unless you're trying to destroy an ambient object)

Exactly.

Damn, can you people imagine how rich alex would be if he got a cent for every bullshit he writes?
29 Jul 2015, 20:47 PM

I don't play a lot of USF, most ballistic weapons in game have an attack ground option ergo I assumed despite not using it a lot that it had attack ground option because it has an explosive/ballistic attack with it's autocannon. I was wrong, but I guess that obviously warrants snide shitty comments.

Stop spreading around bullshit. I am 100% sure you cannot attack ground with the USF AA HT.

See this? Fuck off with this. I'm mostly right (nobody is ever always right except maybe cruzz) but every time I'm wrong people go fucking nuts like it proves anything other than people are sometimes wrong.

Iv done my absolute best to be unbiased, look at people's arguments from other perspectives and I still get nothing but fucking shit sometimes.

EDIT: Like just chill out, christ.
29 Jul 2015, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 16:18 PMBurts

Well, the fact that you said that flak HT being the meta is me flat out lieing, proves that you have absolutely zero idea about 1v1 , and 2v2 pretty much. Perhaps not this patch, because of soviet T3 and stuart changes, but before that flak HT was in almost every game.

Yes USF can support his flak, and OKW can also support his flak. You were the one that said the USF AA HT shuts down the flak HT, you were the first one that compared these units in a 1v1 situation.

Fact is supported OKW HT> supported american HT. They get raketens and shrecks, while USF gets only zooks and no atguns, unless he goes captain after his HT or airborne company.

Plus the OKW AA HT is way more lethal againts infantry. Once the OKW AA HT gets to vet 1 there is no contest, he can just pop smoke and attack ground, and USF aa ht cant do anything because it cant attack ground.

Well i have played 100's of 1vs1 and 2vs2 and varied streams from high level player and rarely see them. Thats because the damn thing glitches far to often and hit the anthill instead the troops behind.

And your correct, on a purely defensive note the supported okw flaktrack will win. but only on a defensive position. Anywhere else it loses. you take the FT aa and you lose the map control it is that simple.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
unknown 7
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %