Login

russian armor

Flacktrack

28 Jul 2015, 02:56 AM

Needs its price decreasing to 40 fuel to better reflect its current performance and shortened window.

55 is massive for OKW early game and with the allies both having access to light vehicle counters earlier (which is fine) the flacktrack currently has no place on the field and OKW must use that fuel on a puma/stukka.

Its basically a dead unit because of its price and the fact that it is killed fairly easily by the time it hits the field (faster captian/at gun from USF and cheaper zook upgrade and faster T3 from sovs of which the M5 and the SU76 destroy the flacktrack fairly easily).

If not a fuel decrease then a setup time decrease by quite a large amount.
28 Jul 2015, 03:02 AM
Patrion 14

A move and it sets up on the move, try this
28 Jul 2015, 03:42 AM

I can use the unit just fine, im talking more about its place in the match than the micro of it.

It arrives around the same time there is multiple hard/soft counter vehicles.
28 Jul 2015, 04:44 AM

Abusing bugs isn't part of balance and should not be considered in a balance argument...
28 Jul 2015, 05:05 AM

Every faction but OKW received Tech nerfs. You're just going to have to deal with this one.

It's fine.
28 Jul 2015, 05:32 AM

Every faction but OKW received Tech nerfs. You're just going to have to deal with this one.

It's fine.

How is a 6:30 M5 a tech nerf?

Or a cheaper captian a tech nerf?

I just feel the Flacktrack has no real worth anymore, with the new metas the Puma is a MUST if you go with that truck first. The flacktrack is a liability.
nee
28 Jul 2015, 06:26 AM

I think one way to improve this unit is that it has a toggle or idle status similar to Kubels/ AA halftracks: it cannot suppress unless it is not moving, but can still fire on the move, with relevant accuracy bonuses. ANother thing you could try to make it more useful in mid/late game is a Button ability to support AT weapons when attacking enemy tanks. The flaktrack itself is rather weak, but if you ignore it and focus on OKW tanks you might instead find your own vehicles blinded.
28 Jul 2015, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 05:32 AMCorsin

I just feel the Flacktrack has no real worth anymore, with the new metas the Puma is a MUST if you go with that truck first. The flacktrack is a liability.

Just because soviet T3 is OP doesn't mean the flak trak needs buffs. The flak trak is insanely powerful, and was one of the units that let OKW be semi competitive in 1v1s in previous patches.

It does not need buffs.
28 Jul 2015, 06:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 06:30 AMBurts

Just because soviet T3 is OP doesn't mean the flak trak needs buffs. The flak trak is insanely powerful, and was one of the units that let OKW be semi competitive in 1v1s in previous patches.

It does not need buffs.

its not just that, USF get zooks in the same upgrade as BAR's and with the Captian cheaper we see that every game too + quicker AT guns.

Its all-round less effective. And nowhere near worth 55 fuel.

Key word in what you just said is Previous patches...

Then it got hit with the nerf bat and now its window just got a whole lot smaller
28 Jul 2015, 06:40 AM

The flak tracks entire purpose is to absolutely murder soviet and American T1 because they lack solid AT.
28 Jul 2015, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 06:35 AMCorsin

its not just that, USF get zooks in the same upgrade as BAR's and with the Captian cheaper we see that every game too + quicker AT guns.

Its all-round less effective. And nowhere near worth 55 fuel.

Flack halftrack is not an offensive weapon. It's a deffensive / attack support one. It should never be sent forward and be the spearhead but supporting advancing infantry from afar, behind them.
More than this, as simple as OKW faction seems, the OKW onset must be adapted to the situation on the battlefield. I don't have a default OKW start. Sometimes is a good choice to start with the Puma building ( I don't talk about tiers, t2 or t3 means different things for different people) sometimes a better choice is to start with the jagdpanzer building. If your soviet opponent chose the tank hunters doctrine for instance, starting with Puma building may prove to be the wrong choice.

To conclude, I don't think flack ht is UP. I think that is a high risk / high reward unit. You lost it in the startgame, you have a big chance to lose the game. You keep it alive, the meatgrinder that it has, will shred and supress the enemy infantry causing enough damage to boost your winning chances skyhigh.
28 Jul 2015, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 05:32 AMCorsin

I have to follow Corsin with this one. I have even had a 5:47 minute Quad M5 with my teammate Aerohank. I clearly don't see any tech nerf for Soviets. Same about the USF
28 Jul 2015, 08:00 AM

I have to follow Corsin with this one. I have even had a 5:47 minute Quad M5 with my teammate Aerohank. I clearly don't see any tech nerf for Soviets. Same about the USF

Still, I don't see a real problem here. So we will be back to "your first vehicle should be a Puma" thing if playing against soviets. Doesn't bother me. If you kill that M5 (and Puma can do it quickly and without pain), you will have the upper hand. Further, you can compensate the lack of AI power by building more sturmpios as usual or / and help after 3 CPs with jaeger infantry or fallschirms.
28 Jul 2015, 08:18 AM

That's true indeed. I go Puma first in almost everygame with soviets, unless I have agreed with my teammate to go T1 for healing and Raketten ;)
28 Jul 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 08:00 AMJohnnyB

Still, I don't see a real problem here. So we will be back to "your first vehicle should be a Puma" thing if playing against soviets. Doesn't bother me. If you kill that M5 (and Puma can do it quickly and without pain), you will have the upper hand. Further, you can compensate the lack of AI power by building more sturmpios as usual or / and help after 3 CPs with jaeger infantry or fallschirms.

Thats kinda my point tho, flacktrack is abit of a dead unit.

Its more risk, less reward. Ive seen games lost purely because someone got one rather than a Puma or Stukka.

Like someone else said... it should be used as a support unit not an assault unit.

Which brings us back to...

OKW cannot afford 55 fuel on a unit to merely support their frontline that will be wiped out easily. If it was cheaper it may be more of an option. (more MP less fuel).

28 Jul 2015, 10:32 AM

The flak truck could use a slight decrease in fuel, 55 is way too much especially when you consider how early the soviet M5 and US Stuart are coming now.
28 Jul 2015, 11:00 AM

I don't believe it is so much a case of the flacktrack under performing as it is the M5 over performing. The M5 arrives very early and outright murders the flacktrack when upgraded. If the M5 was less effective a flacktrack backed by a Raketen and Volk shrecks would probably be a viable strategy again vs soviets.
28 Jul 2015, 11:23 AM

At the moment the okw flacktrack is just a waste of fuel and mp. far to expensive what it is doing. You hardly see them in any game and when they do they will fail in a rather spectacular fashion.

i think that he best buff is to make the flack track something like a marder . it can fire on the move (with a cone rof reduced by 33% and no suppression) but it reaches its true potential when em placed
28 Jul 2015, 11:25 AM

dont use bugs for balance. and this bug has questionable value as your aa ht will simply continue sliding to any infantry until its 4 second setup is complete and usually right into at nade range.
28 Jul 2015, 12:00 PM

Yeah, the slide setup bug is stupid.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight