Login

russian armor

OKW in the New Patch: Roman go the house!

29 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM

the thing is that bulletins are complete shit if you can't stack them. it's just a shitty system because THQ wanted something for players to collect.

Yes, all this system need the overhaul, but now some stackable bulletins are way to powerful, and if you was lucky enough to get them they will give you unfair advantage.
29 Jul 2015, 02:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 01:43 AMdpfarce
Would just like to point out the phrase 'panzer vor' makes no sense in german and the OKW would probably have you shot for being a non-native german spy

Would it be more like, Panzer vorwärts? Legitimate question.
29 Jul 2015, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 02:17 AMVuther

Would it be more like, Panzer vorwärts? Legitimate question.

I don't know what command the military would have exactly used, but Vorwärts makes grammatical sense. Panzer vor is kind of like saying "Roman go the house"; we kind of get what you're trying to say, but not really
29 Jul 2015, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 02:45 AMdpfarce

I don't know what command the military would have exactly used, but Vorwärts makes grammatical sense. Panzer vor is kind of like saying "Roman go the house"; we kind of get what you're trying to say, but not really

Actually never mind Mods please change the thread title to "OKW in the New Patch: Roman go the house!"
29 Jul 2015, 03:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Actually never mind Mods please change the thread title to "OKW in the New Patch: Roman go the house!"

Done! B-)
29 Jul 2015, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 02:45 AMdpfarce

Since you reminded me of it, I'm just going to leave this here:

29 Jul 2015, 07:51 AM

Panzerfusiliers OP.

Mines OP.
29 Jul 2015, 13:09 PM

Little update after a few interesting games;

-Spamming booby trap is extremely good, keep your Jaegars inside the circle till the enemy blob steps in then step out and he gets demo charged' If you can't spare squads to wait it will still regularly wipe single squads.

There is always something new to learn.
The other parts were also interesting to read, there seems to be fundamentally different playstyles in this case, prolly going to explore some of this later.

However, one thing, I think salvaging destroyed weapons gave less resources than non-destroyed ones? Or am I wrong? I have always considered the benefits of scavenging marginal, though it's better than nothing. :foreveralone:
29 Jul 2015, 14:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There is always something new to learn.
The other parts were also interesting to read, there seems to be fundamentally different playstyles in this case, prolly going to explore some of this later.

However, one thing, I think salvaging destroyed weapons gave less resources than non-destroyed ones? Or am I wrong? I have always considered the benefits of scavenging marginal, though it's better than nothing. :foreveralone:

I believe only vehicles can be salvaged whether destroyed or intact - weapons have to be in one piece still to be salvaged.
29 Jul 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 14:08 PMVuther

I believe only vehicles can be salvaged whether destroyed or intact - weapons have to be in one piece still to be salvaged.

Weapons that leave a wreck behind can be salvaged.
29 Jul 2015, 18:55 PM

the faction is alright except when u got arty destroying your base and you can not do anything besides suicide base rape
29 Jul 2015, 19:09 PM
Donator 11

yeah,I played OKW almost after 8 months. I lost all the games I played, but it was still fun
29 Jul 2015, 20:02 PM

Your text..

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 07:51 AMJohnnyB

Mines OP.

Therefore...USF UP.
29 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM

Therefore...USF UP.

Therefore USF Stuart OP. :nahnah:
31 Jul 2015, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 11:59 AMJawohl?
boring faction

not to mention them and OST currently hog and hoard all of the best AT,armor and infantry in-game
31 Jul 2015, 02:43 AM

not to mention them and OST currently hog and hoard all of the best AT,armor and infantry in-game

Best AT goes to Ostheer, best infantry goes to Soviets, best vehicles goes to Soviets, best indirect fire goes to Soviets.

I realize you're a USF fanboy, but the problem isn't the axis being OP, it's the USF being very narrow, APM intensive, and unrewarding.

31 Jul 2015, 02:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Best AT goes to OKW, best infantry goes to USF(believe it or not), best vehicles goes to Soviets, best indirect fire goes to Soviets.

I realize you're a USF fanboy, but the problem isn't the axis being OP, it's the USF being very narrow, APM intensive, and unrewarding.

OKW Anti tank: Cheap schu mines,the perfect anti tank mine,shreks on mainline infantry for cheap reinforce cost and great vet,the perfect AT squad,JP4,the best non doc TD hands down in the game,arguably the best TD period.

USF infantry: Hard countered by the new MG spam,but USF has always had the best infantry. from double bar rifles to M1919 paras/barfinders. If ostheer and OKW could not build suppression they would get rolled by usf infantry all day.
31 Jul 2015, 02:56 AM

I think design-wise giving the OKW the PIV was extremely lazy. It might work balance wise atm, but when I first heard it through whispers there was no excitement over the idea, and there still isn't. It's the unit we all know.

In COH 1 terror doc, the king tiger used to be simply an improved tiger for a long while. Then it was reworked to king tiger. I think the same should happen to the OKW PIV at some point, replace it with an original OKW unit. E.g. wirbelwind as a bit heavier version of an ostwind. Or some other more AI focused unit, a new unit would get me excited. The PIV simply 'works'. And is lazy. : /

Here's to hoping Pz 3 makes it into the game ^^
31 Jul 2015, 03:17 AM

OKW Anti tank: Cheap schu mines,the perfect anti tank mine,shreks on mainline infantry for cheap reinforce cost and great vet,the perfect AT squad,JP4,the best non doc TD hands down in the game,arguably the best TD period.

USF infantry: Hard countered by the new MG spam,but USF has always had the best infantry. from double bar rifles to M1919 paras/barfinders. If ostheer and OKW could not build suppression they would get rolled by usf infantry all day.

I still think that T-mines, Faust, dual shreks, pak 40s, and Stug is better than Volks shreks, puppchens, schu mines, and JPIV.

Infantry is debatable between soviets and USF. Paratroopers and pathfinders are kinda insane but so are Guards and shocks. I also consider the maxim a pseudo infantry unit because of its set up time and narrow arc. Riflemen are great early fans but falter late game.

IMO USF can put out the most anti infantry dps from its troops, and soviet infantry are very cheap and durable.
31 Jul 2015, 03:27 AM

Best AT goes to Ostheer, best infantry goes to Soviets, best vehicles goes to Soviets, best indirect fire goes to Soviets.

not to worry i'll play brits as soon as they are released until a rework for USF plus new units are done
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★