Login

russian armor

OKW in the New Patch: Roman go the house!

How are you finding OKW in the new patch?
Option Distribution Votes
15%
23%
32%
21%
3%
6%
Total votes: 110
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Jul 2015, 09:04 AM

Forum Warrior of old here; I would like to start off by thanking Dusty for inspiring me to git gud.

OKW in the new patch is absolutely nothing like the OKW of old, take all your memories and love of the old meta and burn it in a tire fire on your front lawn because holy fuck was OKW awful to play before this patch.

What had changed?

-OKW's basic staring infantry (Sturms) are now actually viable in numbers and can recrew shit without breaking your MP. Now recrewed weapons no longer have 25% received accuracy and inherent the received accuracy of the recrewing squad so you can recrew all your shit AND the enemies shit with your Sturms.

-Volks have really no meaning other than being shrek toaters and cheap mapcappers, with the Rackten buff shreks are honestly overrated and your better off spending your muni on a fuckload of mines or a bunch of other upgrades for shit.

-The Sturmtiger is now actually worth it and does consistent damage cross it's AoE profile meaning more !!!FUN!!! killing blobs by sitting behind a shotblocker or just outside the enemies LoS. Also 1000 pen to always pen tanks; which is awesome because the Sturmtiger still does permanent crits. The Sturmtiger is awesome because it makes blobbers cry and rage quit.

Now here's the biggest most awesome change in the whole entire world: OKW got the Ostheer PIV with skirts buildable from the Schwer HQ for 135 fuel.

Why is this so awesome?

-The Ostheer PIV was never meant to have the OKW PIV's vet, the old Ausf J had a disgustingly slow turret speed so at vet 2 the new PIV's turret turns incredibly fast.

-The OKW PIV gets -25% scatter at Vet 2 and Vet 4 making it incredibly deadly to enemy infantry as it vet's up.

-Stacking 3 of the armor bulletins will crank it's frontal armor up to 270 meaning tons more bounces (I literally had an enemy rage quit and throw the match while he was winning because my PIV bounced 4 of his ZiS gun shots in a row)

-It looks fucking cool

Conclusion:

OKW meta is about mediums now.

The Jadgtiger? Overpriced slow piece of shit; get a JPIV and put heat shells on that bitch with camo bonus and 1 shot a Jackson.

The King Tiger? Slightly less overpriced piece of shit; get 2 PIV's and run around the map at warp speed wiping enemy infantry while laughing at the pathetic KT users who take 10 hours to actually get to something to shoot at.

Want a Panther? Stop your being retarded get a medic HQ (heals and forward retreat) and a JPIV for 175 fuel. It actually has decent DPS and now that heavies are limited there is zero reason to ever want a Panther when a JPIV can easily deal with a IS2. If you have the armor bulletins for the Panther then well idk I'm jelly as fuck.

Get 2 Sturms and put some detectors on them and repair you PIV's as light speed so they can get back in the fight and continue to vet up until all you enemy can do is sit in their base and weep as they hug their ML-20's.

When using PIV Ausf J's it's best to keep them in pairs, that way they can support each other and pull of some insanely fun squad wipes together. Is it bad to have more than 2 with each other? Not necessarily, but if you want to compliment your battle group with something an Ostwind or JPIV is choice for the task.
25 Jul 2015, 09:08 AM

Panzerfusiliers OP.
25 Jul 2015, 09:19 AM

Yeah I'm liking the pairing of the pIV with the jp for okw more than a single pricey tank. It's a good mix of strong ranged at and mobile ai in tandem with those two mediums and screening infantry. More reliable (though more expensive) than ost t3 or sov t4, and, true to okw style, vet makes a huge difference for both vehicles.

Is elite armor still buggy? I might try it out.
25 Jul 2015, 09:21 AM

Yeah I'm liking the pairing of the pIV with the jp for okw more than a single pricey tank. It's a good mix of strong ranged at and mobile ai in tandem with those two mediums and screening infantry. More reliable (though more expensive) than ost t3 or sov t4, and, true to okw style, vet makes a huge difference for both vehicles.

Is elite armor still buggy? I might try it out.

Well armored detection is still kinda useless and the commander is just cool for killing arty if your lucky. The repair thing makes Sturmtigers instantly reload so yeah it's buggy but it's worth it for HEAT rounds and the Sturmtiger. A PIV battle group with HEAT rounds is awesome.
25 Jul 2015, 09:51 AM

I dont know what to make of OKW to be honest, I play them alot, and sometimes things go well, and other times they just seem to struggle.

I think the elite infantry is overpriced for what it does essentially. (Falshims, Obers and Jager Light infantry) All suffer too often from 1 shots, and they're not really worth their cost initially in combat performance.
I dont like the way they're forced to mass shrek squads. (missing an AI option on their core infantry).
SOME vehicles are overpriced for performance such as the P4. (its good, but not 135 OKW fuel good).
I also think the HMG should be swapped with the Kubel. OKW have no reliable way of halting blobs. (Kubel dies too fast vs a blob).

With the changes to the ML-20 in the last patch, i also feel they are kinda pushed off the field too easily now, The soviet artillery kills the trucks a little too fast and easy.

The issue here i guess is OKW has no answer to artillery pieces. (even the scavenge artillery for 180 mp doesnt always kill it). Since its super inaccurate and 180 ammo for OKW is alot to spend on a maybe... And then they still have to get sight.

It just feels like a faction with alot missing.
25 Jul 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:51 AMCorsin

Snip

OKW does have some ways to go but the PIV is absolutely not overpriced, it's extremely efficient and it's vet make it an absolute terror. JLI are quit good and Fallsch and Obers need some cost reduction but other than that elite infantry OKW is lookin' good.

Massing shreks now is really silly, your better off spamming mines and other upgrades because shrek's aint going to save your ass versus a T-70 our quad mount. Mines always save your ass (if he's sitting on it because he's detected it shoot the mine with something).

Volks really need love IMO, they just don't really serve a purposes. But other than things are really looking up.
25 Jul 2015, 10:02 AM

OKW does have some ways to go but the PIV is absolutely not overpriced, it's extremely efficient and it's vet make it an absolute terror. JLI are quit good and Fallsch and Obers need some cost reduction but other than that elite infantry OKW is lookin' good.

Massing shreks now is really silly, your better off spamming mines and other upgrades because shrek's aint going to save your ass versus a T-70 our quad mount. Mines always save your ass (if he's sitting on it because he's detected it shoot the mine with something).

Volks really need love IMO, they just don't really serve a purposes. But other than things are really looking up.

Like i said the P4 is good, but its not worth 135 fuel. Better to just save 40 fuel more for a panther, and survive 6 shots from the SU85 than 4.

Essentially you are paying 60 extra fuel for the armor skirts.

In terms of income per minute... Ostheer Elite troops could vet a P4 twice to vet 2 (to have skirts) for the same fuel per min as an OKW p4 can be called in. Having the skirts but without the vet.
25 Jul 2015, 10:03 AM

The vet on the Ostheer PIV is total trash compared to the vet on the OKW PIV. The OKW PIV is amazing for it's cost especially with the 3 armor bulletins giving it 270 frontal armor.
25 Jul 2015, 10:22 AM

I think design-wise giving the OKW the PIV was extremely lazy. It might work balance wise atm, but when I first heard it through whispers there was no excitement over the idea, and there still isn't. It's the unit we all know.

In COH 1 terror doc, the king tiger used to be simply an improved tiger for a long while. Then it was reworked to king tiger. I think the same should happen to the OKW PIV at some point, replace it with an original OKW unit. E.g. wirbelwind as a bit heavier version of an ostwind. Or some other more AI focused unit, a new unit would get me excited. The PIV simply 'works'. And is lazy. : /
25 Jul 2015, 10:32 AM

I think design-wise giving the OKW the PIV was extremely lazy. It might work balance wise atm, but when I first heard it through whispers there was no excitement over the idea, and there still isn't. It's the unit we all know.

In COH 1 terror doc, the king tiger used to be simply an improved tiger for a long while. Then it was reworked to king tiger. I think the same should happen to the OKW PIV at some point, replace it with an original OKW unit. E.g. wirbelwind as a bit heavier version of an ostwind. Or some other more AI focused unit, a new unit would get me excited. The PIV simply 'works'. And is lazy. : /

I don't see how it's lazy when its something OKW desperately needed. A wirbelwind wouldn't be a generalist which what OKW needed. I think the PIV looks cool, distinct, and the vet sets it apart from the Ost PIV enough to warrant love.
25 Jul 2015, 11:56 AM

I don't see how it's lazy when its something OKW desperately needed. A wirbelwind wouldn't be a generalist which what OKW needed. I think the PIV looks cool, distinct, and the vet sets it apart from the Ost PIV enough to warrant love.

Do not agree that a generalist was needed / manditory for OKW. The sturm was just too derpy, so might as well replace it. : I
25 Jul 2015, 11:59 AM

boring faction
25 Jul 2015, 12:04 PM

I like OKW cause of many specialized units. OKW is just different and I like it most. I mean, Puma, 251/17, Stuka, Luchs, Raketen, Strumtiger etc it's pure fan to play with them.
25 Jul 2015, 12:15 PM

okw is fun as i get a feeling of underdog and inning with okw is most satisfying ( well m biased against okw and ukf ).although you are right jadg and kt are kind of useless now maybe jadtiger back to 250 fuel and dunnow about kt
25 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM

Panzer fussies are also great
29 Jul 2015, 01:03 AM

Little update after a few interesting games;

-Counter M10 spam with mines and rackten spam. If your floating MP just spam racktens like a whore.

-Never forget to get lots of Sturms later in the game to recrew shit and spam mines

-Don't be afraid to convert to munitions once you have 2 tanks. You probably won't be getting more and having mine spam and ability spam will help you more. This is especially potent when combined with Fuss spam or Scavenge Artillery

-You can salvage weapons even if you kill them, so if you don't want to recrew something just kill it and salvage it later.

-Spamming booby trap is extremely good, keep your Jaegars inside the circle till the enemy blob steps in then step out and he gets demo charged' If you can't spare squads to wait it will still regularly wipe single squads.

-Don't be afraid to use Jaegars to cut off USF players who are using a very forward ambulance, often times this will force them to treck all the way back across the map to recap the points you got.

-If your Ostheer friends Opal Trucks get decrewed you can recrew them for additional resources.

-OKW Panzergrau is lighter than the Ostheer Panzergrau and it affects your SwS!
29 Jul 2015, 01:28 AM

I think any armour bulletins shouldn't be stackable, actually any kind of same bulletins shouldn't. It isn't good for balance. I personally have 3 panzer 4 armor bulletins, and 3 shreks discount, and 3 su sniper vision bulletins, and 3 ML-20 accuracy, and etc, is it fun/cool - yes, is it good for game - no.
29 Jul 2015, 01:43 AM

Would just like to point out the phrase 'panzer vor' makes no sense in german and the OKW would probably have you shot for being a non-native german spy
29 Jul 2015, 01:57 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 01:28 AMnewvan
I think any armour bulletins shouldn't be stackable, actually any kind of same bulletins shouldn't. It isn't good for balance. I personally have 3 panzer 4 armor bulletins, and 3 shreks discount, and 3 su sniper vision bulletins, and 3 ML-20 accuracy, and etc, is it fun/cool - yes, is it good for game - no.

the thing is that bulletins are complete shit if you can't stack them. it's just a shitty system because THQ wanted something for players to collect.
29 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 01:43 AMdpfarce
Would just like to point out the phrase 'panzer vor' makes no sense in german and the OKW would probably have you shot for being a non-native german spy

Mods please change the thread title to "OKW in the New Patch: Executed by the Oberkommando"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★