Login

russian armor

The capping system of CoH2 is extremely gay?

10 Jun 2013, 11:19 AM

In CoH1, you can either choose cap under fire, forgone firepower and cover for the point, and retreat afterward, or just stay at cover, clear out the enemy first.

Now, you must force pushing your unit into the gay capping circle or risk losing the point. This is extremely stupid. And why the fuck MG can cap after deploying?
10 Jun 2013, 11:30 AM

I actually like it :(
10 Jun 2013, 11:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Disagree completely with OP. Love the mechanics of the new capping circles.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they add more red/blue/white bright stuff to the playing area, which seems quite cluttered already. I could do with the circles being slightly less bright.
10 Jun 2013, 11:33 AM

I actually like it :(

How about Soviet camping a vetted T-34 at the VP point at the last moment? or just swarming Cons at VP circle?
10 Jun 2013, 12:08 PM

Crew weapons capping a point while set up is a way to former simplify gameplay, because it reduces the choices/strategical thinking during a game:
In vcoh, if a crew weapon is not deployed, it has no combat performance. If you cap a point, you take the risk to be shot, if you deploy the weapon you cannot cap.
To avoid a mg spam in coh2 (secure and cap the point at the same time) such things are "balanced" by clown cars and Horraaah abilites, which makes the MG use questionable in the first place.
Defenitly not an "improvment".
10 Jun 2013, 13:12 PM

New capping system I one of the best changes in CoH2 in my opionion, I wouldn't change it ;)
10 Jun 2013, 13:19 PM

Both capping systems have their merits and uses it is good to have things that differentiate the two games in a good way.
In my opinion.
10 Jun 2013, 13:22 PM

Ofc you like it because its easier to play. ;)
On the same note, why is the coh2 capping system better than coh1?
10 Jun 2013, 13:46 PM

It's not "easier" to play in my opinion, but just more "fluid". Capping circle forces you to protect actual point, not just maintaining map control. You need to do both now. Harasing points is one of this things that made vCoH great, so that's why I like that change.
10 Jun 2013, 14:14 PM

So being Gay is not cool now?
10 Jun 2013, 14:16 PM

It puts more focus on the engagements rather than map control. Not necessarily a bad thing. Additionally run capping is pretty cool. If you time it right you can have engineers run past points and have them cap half and then the second engineers right behind cap the rest, saving time. Similar to the cap walk bug/cheat/skill from CoH1
10 Jun 2013, 14:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I like the new capping. :)
10 Jun 2013, 15:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2013, 11:33 AMPorygon
How about Soviet camping a vetted T-34 at the VP point at the last moment? or just swarming Cons at VP circle?

Those are both fine. If the T-34 is capping, it can't fire its gun, and it's not like you could cap a point vs. a tank in CoH 1 either (it would just crush you). Conscripts swarming the VP at the end is cool.
10 Jun 2013, 16:19 PM

It may seem like it removes decision making because you can set up a weapons team, but this actually adds to the amount of units that can viably harass and cap so I reckon it adds decisions. Being able to stall by blocking a capture also adds decisions.

Plus it was stupid that you had to have one soldier lean against the point, it feels a lot more natural this way.
10 Jun 2013, 16:30 PM

It's a welcome change.

In vCoH, you'd have to wrestle the points from them in a very linear manner. With this new system, you can actually, REALLY stall the enemy player by occupying the circle to delay their capping. It makes for some interesting micro options.

My ONLY concern is that currently, if you put a unit inside a building that touches the capping circle, it will cap while inside the building, which, given the buildings give relative immortality, is sort of skewed. It still makes for interesting strategies.

10 Jun 2013, 18:01 PM

I love it. It is much better than CoH1 capping (and the related vehicle pushing BS).
10 Jun 2013, 19:15 PM

Ofc you like it because its easier to play. ;)
On the same note, why is the coh2 capping system better than coh1?

Posts like "you like it because it is easier" are the most stupid comments in a discussion about game mechanics.

If something is "easier" is subjective.
Yes it is easier to cap a point, it also is easier to lose it again, because enemies can fire back while taking it.

In terms of mechanics, the "action" of capping in CoH was a boring thing that actual made it easier to defend your points, because capping units dont fight.

The new capping method is a much more fluent way of playing the game.
10 Jun 2013, 19:50 PM

Speaking of stupid comments:

... capping in CoH was a boring thing that actual made it easier to defend your points, because capping units dont fight.

How can a not fighting unit defend a point better?

Or you meant that a enemy unit capping your point has no defence against your protection? If so you misunderstood my point of view.

I meant its easier, because you have no thought process anymore, if you should take the risk and being defenseless while capping or set up the mg and wait for a second unit to cap.
In coh2 you have not that risk anymore. This releave will please more people.
10 Jun 2013, 20:08 PM

I like the new system.

Being able to cap while in cover, capping so your units are near the next point you want to get, blocking capping units.

So many new tactical decision instead of just shift clicking on the minimap, ^^
10 Jun 2013, 20:09 PM

Well, is it easier?
Did they remove the risk?

I just think they shifted the risk from the offensive side to the defensive one.
If you now take a point you have to make sure you have an eye on it, or else the enemy will place himself behind cover while capping and you will come from a disadvantageous position.
So i think the risk just shifted, but it is still there.

Additionally, it feels more natural.
Because, they actually seize ground by beeing there, which makes it feel a bit more realistic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★