Login

russian armor

The Tiger Ace Can Get Abandoned and Recrewed!

14 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM
Benefactor 341

So... Apparently THIS happened in my most recent 3v3 AT automatch as Axis:

I went Elite Troops Doctrine, and during an engagement I overextended (shocker!) the Tiger Ace and its crew was fatally smoked, but to my surprise (and that of my friends), the Tiger Ace itself survived and was abandoned. My OKW teammate, Pags, bum rushed and managed to bring it back to our zone of control (a true miracle), and managed to preserve and utilize it for the remainder of the game. I've never seen this occur before and assumed it couldn't, but I have a hunch last patch (whether deliberate or accidental), someone at the Relic balance team enabled the Tiger Ace to be reobtainable.

Some key things to take note from the transfer of ownership into my buddy's:

-The Tiger Ace was automically vet 3 (I assumed the possibility of such), and had all of the power of a vet 3 tiger WITH the stun shot ability of the Wehrmacht Tiger Ace.

-The Tiger Ace could Blitzkrieg, as if it was still owned by a Wehrmacht player (in contrast to the OKW "Combat Blitz", which essentially peforms an identical feat).

-The Tiger Ace could no longer use the doctrinal " Panzer Tactician" ability, and had an OKW machine gunner out of the hatchet of the Tiger Ace's turret, acting as the Panzer Commander (the model is actually holding a pair of binoculars, as well).

-The Tiger Ace inflicted its standards resource penalties for having it actively on the field, which stacked with my buddy's OKW resource penalties, and subsequently have him nothing in terms of strategic resources, although there were indeed times where we had almost the entire map under our control.

I honestly couldn't tell whether or not this was more appropriate on the balance or bug section of the forums, since it inherits complications pertaining to both, so I just closed my eyes and picked one at random. If a staff member believes it better fits the bug section, I have no issues have it swapped. :P
14 Jul 2015, 19:03 PM
Donator 22

I had an abandoned tiger ace a lot of times in the alpha.
14 Jul 2015, 19:05 PM
Benefactor 341

Same, I just remembered how broken it is if USF gets it, since they can decrew and postpone he resource penalty, and use emergency crew repairs. :o
14 Jul 2015, 19:08 PM

A tiger ace being abandoned actually saved me and my m8's ass during the Alpha because the players we were facing recrewed it and it destroyed their economy allowing us to push them all the way off the map because they couldn't reinforce anything.
14 Jul 2015, 19:11 PM
Benefactor 341

A tiger ace being abandoned actually saved me and my m8's ass during the Alpha because the players we were facing recrewed it and it destroyed their economy allowing us to push them all the way off the map because they couldn't reinforce anything.

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to us. My buddy was gaining pretty 3 fuel, 4 munitions, and almost 0 manpower income. I'd say if it isn't USF or Wehrmscht, it isn't worth the trouble unless you suicide it efficiently or are on the brink of defeat and use it to rapidly breakthrough and win.
14 Jul 2015, 19:15 PM
Donator 22

exactly it was something like this:

abandoned > recrewed > abandoned > recrewed > abandoned > destroyed

14 Jul 2015, 20:03 PM

I've wondered about this. I have seen the ace got abandoned once but the ace got wrecked near instantly afterwards, making me question whether I actually saw the abandoned text pop up.
14 Jul 2015, 20:11 PM

We have settled the question now.

So it´s the tank that makes the ace and not the crew. :snfCHVGame:
14 Jul 2015, 20:13 PM

Priiiide of the faaaatherland.
14 Jul 2015, 20:20 PM

Fun things to do with abandonment mechanics:

- Sacrifice your Sturmtiger's crew to Khorne in order to instantly reload the tank

- Recrew Tiger or Tiger Ace and hull it down (yes you can actually do this)

- B4 still only takes 3 pop cap to recrew

- A abandoned kubel can be salvaged for 15 fuel
14 Jul 2015, 21:13 PM

I recrewed a Tiger Ace when playing Soviet once, sadly the Tiger turned into a normal vet 0 one.
14 Jul 2015, 21:53 PM
Donator 33

But when Relic released Tiger Ace in their stream over a year ago, they said that the "CREW" is too ELITE for abandon mechanic to work, so this must be a bug, or just 1 of Relics small tricks/mistakes
14 Jul 2015, 22:01 PM

Exactly, please send a message to Albert Speer informing him thus: "Tiger OP, please nerf, no skill involved.":snfBarton:
14 Jul 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Epic that your teammate got it back haha.

But imho not worth recrewing, will only hamper your economy. Rather have 2 panthers :)
14 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 21:53 PMATCF
But when Relic released Tiger Ace in their stream over a year ago, they said that the "CREW" is too ELITE for abandon mechanic to work, so this must be a bug, or just 1 of Relics small tricks/mistakes

New crew have found old ones diaries with entry "how to be elite for dummkopfen".
14 Jul 2015, 22:33 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 22:26 PMKatitof

New crew have found old ones diaries with entry "how to be elite for dummkopfen".

:rofl::thumbsup:
14 Jul 2015, 23:07 PM

But imho not worth recrewing, will only hamper your economy. Rather have 2 panthers :)

I'm not sure if the economy of the player recrewing it will actually be reduced. Even then, getting a free TA is always worth it. The thing is deadly enough to easily off-set the loss of income.
15 Jul 2015, 00:00 AM
Donator 11

haha how dumb... it shouldnt get abandoned at all.
15 Jul 2015, 02:38 AM
Patrion 28

the machine spirit of the tank is where the vet comes from; the crew just makes it not look like an AI
15 Jul 2015, 03:54 AM

I have the replay if anyone wants it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight