Login

russian armor

CAS Axis cmrd is by far the best cmdr for team games (3vs3+)

6 Jul 2015, 18:25 PM

How about just increase the CP requirements for conversion and adjust the strafes?
6 Jul 2015, 18:31 PM

I think the adjustments Alex mentions would be fine without turning conversion into a passive. As much as I hate this doctrine, it should remain viable.
6 Jul 2015, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 18:22 PMGrumpy

I agree that it should be passive, but think it should work like the OKW fuel/muni exchange (1 lost fp gets 2 muni's at most, maybe less). If it was just a percentage of the total, some of us would build nothing but ammo caches and get a big increase in ammo for only a small decrease in fuel and it would probably still be OP.

The stuka dive bomb needs to not work on on-map arty. Even just removing the recon would just mean that another player would have to have recon.

Conversion and OKW's reduced income works based on percentages, which is how I got the idea. And Stuka Dive Bomb absolutely has to work on on-map artillery, it's the only real counter to it due to the ability to construct it in base sectors.

Stuka bombing strike is fine, it has a loud sound cue and requires the other play to move. Abilities like this are good because they encourage better micro. When this becomes problematic is when paired with an extremely efficient conversion like CAS has.
6 Jul 2015, 19:03 PM

CAS is one of the most meta doctrines known to man atm. Do I think it's balanced? Mmmmm........it would be if AA halftracks were effective at shooting planes down before they got away with what they do. :foreveralone:
6 Jul 2015, 19:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How feasible engine wise is to make planes move faster and have to loiter around in order to them been able to unload it's payload?
The intention is to be able to take down the plane without affecting so much the time it takes to drops its payload.

Another option.
How about making the ability to instantly call a plane to loiter around the map and after 5-10s you have a 30s window to set a strafe line ?
6 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM

CAS is one of the most meta doctrines known to man atm. Do I think it's balanced? Mmmmm........it would be if AA halftracks were effective at shooting planes down before they got away with what they do. :foreveralone:

6 Jul 2015, 19:21 PM

Johhny B even argues with the almighty Cruzz. What a fool. CAS is BS.

For the record, since Cruzz is not God allmighty himself, I think I can say what I believe and not blindly follow his opinions.

You know, judging about your first posts on this forum, I thought you are the "good guy" type, making a joke now and then, saying reasonable things. In time, you proved me wrong, judging people while being agressive disrespectful and posting insults while not being insulted. I do not remember calling you a fool, I don't feel like calling you a fool not even now, when you are acting like one.
6 Jul 2015, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

For the record, since Cruzz is not God allmighty himself

Wrong.
6 Jul 2015, 19:32 PM

How feasible engine wise is to make planes move faster and have to loiter around in order to them been able to unload it's payload?
The intention is to be able to take down the plane without affecting so much the time it takes to drops its payload.

Another option.
How about making the ability to instantly call a plane to loiter around the map and after 5-10s you have a 30s window to set a strafe line ?

AA in CoH2 is essentially "if a plane is in the air it is dead" (which is why super high damage plane crashes suck so much) now with the M5 buff and the USF AA HT was already god like. CAS strafes should be thought of as off maps instead of traditional plane abilities and balanced as such.
6 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM

For the record, since Cruzz is not God allmighty himself

Wrong.
6 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM
Donator 33

Sorry but calling you a fool for arguing with Cruzz applies to all of us, as he is God.
6 Jul 2015, 19:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

AA in CoH2 is essentially "if a plane is in the air it is dead" (which is why super high damage plane crashes suck so much) now with the M5 buff and the USF AA HT was already god like. CAS strafes should be thought of as off maps instead of traditional plane abilities and balanced as such.

Then the time it takes them to fire should be balance into similar values as other abilities, cost and power adjusted as well.
6 Jul 2015, 19:49 PM

Do not argue with cruzz :snfPeter:
6 Jul 2015, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 19:49 PMBurts
Do not argue with cruzz :snfPeter:
6 Jul 2015, 20:01 PM
6 Jul 2015, 20:03 PM

Actual dowside of CAS that can be implemented.

1- Fuel conversion same as lend lease, a plane that can be shotdown. Or like Sov industry.

2- When an airplane is shotdown, add a new CD to the ability, like 3-4 minutes cooldown.
6 Jul 2015, 20:07 PM

For the record, since Cruzz is not God allmighty himself, I think I can say what I believe and not blindly follow his opinions.

6 Jul 2015, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 20:03 PMEsxile
Actual dowside of CAS that can be implemented.

1- Fuel conversion same as lend lease, a plane that can be shotdown. Or like Sov industry.

2- When an airplane is shotdown, add a new CD to the ability, like 3-4 minutes cooldown.

I kinda like this cool down idea. You could even take it a bit further and add 30 seconds to all cool downs per shoot down. CAS would remain powerful but if you're consistently getting your Air Force pasted, you aren't going to have one anymore.
6 Jul 2015, 20:50 PM

Cruzz knows Relic's own code better than Relic knows their own code. That should be enough to show you how right Cruzz is all the time. :foreveralone:
7 Jul 2015, 03:40 AM

As CAS You will have all the munition you want, you can mine, build bunkers, build alot of infantry and equip them properly, air off-maps, all the tanks you want... oh wait.

On a more serious note. Counters:

1. build tanks;
2. build 120s /artilery / katiushas, whatever ballistic weapon you want;
3. plant mines and/or demo charges;
4. build AA;
5. any 2 points from above used together.

As long as allied have their cheesee strategies, CAS should exist too. Now you can / thread

P.S. I am just curious, did you ever use CAS? Like, even once?

Edit: I can bet all my money that after CAS will be nerfed - and it will - the next targeted ostheer commander will be assault support. That strafing run has staying power it does not take 2 seconds like in CAS case and the allied blobbers will be so unhappy.

We been playing Axis lately and CAS is my favorite. Axis are so fun to play. I understand why they are so liked. Anyone who have played both side in 4vs4 can see that Axis are a lot easier and much more rewarding.

So for me Axis = Fun,easy to play, versatile and powerful.
Allies = Redundant, harder to play, have some good units and you must like to suffer. (like me)

For the sake of COH2, this must change, both should be fun and as powerful as the other side.

Plz don't nerf the CAS cmdr cause it's so fun to play with, rather add some allies cmrds with good stuff.

Allies fun factor must be improved.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak