Login

russian armor

Pershing ?

PAGES (15)down
4 Jul 2015, 09:40 AM

They could just, not. You can't really say something won't work because Relic may mess-up, otherwise we would never get anything new.

Either way, I don't want a Pershing because I like USF as a medium tank heavy army. I'd rather see some fixes to current doctrines and units, as well as maybe the jumbo.

Oh I know, I'm not against the Pershing being in the game, I'm just saying it shouldn't have the ability to decrew itself like other USF vehicles as a trade off for being the most "modern" tank in CoH2.

I do see your point yeah it does kinda "break" the mold of USF a bit but the Jumbo would essentially be a glorified KV1.
4 Jul 2015, 09:42 AM

If there's a Pershing Doctrine, I hope they have it disable Vehicle Crews and M36's.

Breakthrough Armour Company:
Battle Ready (crews may not exit their vehicles for any reason)
Assault Engineers (make up for disabled crews)
Aerial Recon (P-47 recon plane lingers over an area)
M10 Wolverine (make up for disabled M36)
T26E3 Heavy Tank (the keystone of the commander)
4 Jul 2015, 09:56 AM

If there's a Pershing Doctrine, I hope they have it disable Vehicle Crews and M36's.

Why would you disable M36? Pershing shares same gun with Jackson, so I belive it should be more like Panther than IS2/Tiger is terms of AI, so nothing easier than killing it with infantry, not tanks.

What's more, we already have superior combination - IS2 + Jackson (not to mention superior combination from Axis)

I also cannot see what's wrong with crew getting out. I mean, Pershing as a heavy shouldnt be able to that, but why Shermans' crews cannot?
4 Jul 2015, 10:10 AM

Why would you disable M36? Pershing shares same gun with Jackson, so I belive it should be more like Panther than IS2/Tiger is terms of AI, so nothing easier than killing it with infantry, not tanks.

What's more, we already have superior combination - IS2 + Jackson (not to mention superior combination from Axis)

I also cannot see what's wrong with crew getting out. I mean, Pershing as a heavy shouldnt be able to that, but why Shermans' crews cannot?

Probably so you can't just pull your pershing back, pop the crews of your tanks out and then repair it insanely fast (don't forget insta crit repair) and send it back out.

Idk about disabling M36, I guess it's so couldn't have literally the best of everything since Tiger + Panthers is normally impossible to pull off due to the T4 costing an arm and a leg for Ostheer.
4 Jul 2015, 10:12 AM

Just make Pershing unable to disembark, it'll be fine.

Or do allow it to disembark and call in more, so the Allies can finally have an edge in big team modes Kappa
4 Jul 2015, 10:13 AM
Patrion 14

This Doctrine looks like it would do nothing more than punish players for choosing it. How is a straight nerf even a doctrinal ability? LMAO

Expect something more along the lines of Armored Assault (sov) doctrine. Caliope + Pershing + 3 assorted support abilities.
4 Jul 2015, 10:18 AM

Permanently Banned
If a pershing commander disabled crews. there is no reason to use it.
4 Jul 2015, 10:35 AM

This Doctrine looks like it would do nothing more than punish players for choosing it. How is a straight nerf even a doctrinal ability? LMAO

Expect something more along the lines of Armored Assault (sov) doctrine. Caliope + Pershing + 3 assorted support abilities.

Calliope + Pershing would be a bit much.

If a pershing commander disabled crews. there is no reason to use it.

It would give USF much better late game at the cost of early game?
4 Jul 2015, 10:41 AM

Probably so you can't just pull your pershing back, pop the crews of your tanks out and then repair it insanely fast (don't forget insta crit repair) and send it back out.

Idk about disabling M36, I guess it's so couldn't have literally the best of everything since Tiger + Panthers is normally impossible to pull off due to the T4 costing an arm and a leg for Ostheer.

Does it mean OKW T2 cannot have free repairs? And if Sherman's crew jump out you can use it your advantage - wiping them ith stuka for example.

King Tiger + Jadgpanzer
Tiger + Stugs
Elephant + Pz4
IS2+SU85

But from 2b2 point of view, Pershing+Jackson combo looks pitiful when comapre to King Tiger+Elephant; King Tiger + Jadgtiger; Tiger + Elephant

Also since Jackson is pure AT and Pershing should be more like Panther, you can probably just ignore them since they won't do a pudding to your infantry. Just few schrecks or raketen/pak40 to scare them.

Keep in mind that if someone goes for Pershing+Jackson, there won't be any AI units. So you can just roll over USF with infantry.
4 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM

I hope Persh and Calliope are separate doctrines.

Viable 3v3 teams with tripple USF :snfPeter:
4 Jul 2015, 11:23 AM
Patrion 14

Calliope + Pershing would be a bit much.

No more powerful than Lightning war with SCAS + Tiger. Besides, I expect the Pershing to be more of a Panther/ [NDA] than a true heavy.

No other doctrine takes away from a players stock units in order to give access to a heavy. It would be like CAS doctrine limiting a player to only T1/T2 or Elite Troops locking out P4s/ Panthers.
4 Jul 2015, 11:27 AM

funny to see people be like "the more heavy tanks, the better the game!"
4 Jul 2015, 12:09 PM

Permanently Banned

A commander that disables a faction feature isn't a commander worth using. period.

Its like disabling pgren shreks with CAS, IT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE
4 Jul 2015, 12:13 PM

A commander that disables a faction feature isn't a commander worth using. period.

Its like disabling pgren shreks with CAS, IT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE

tbh I would enjoy it if every faction had commanders that changed faction features because it would be new and interesting. You can only re-shuffle the same units and abilities in commanders before it starts to get boring.

4 Jul 2015, 12:15 PM

Or how about just making the Pershing a buffed panther and not BATSHIT insane op ultra tank, so USF can keep their core mechanics?
4 Jul 2015, 12:21 PM

I think Pershing will be good without doctrine, make unlock it like KT. Maybe special upgrade for major to call heavy tank.
4 Jul 2015, 12:51 PM
Patrion 14

Or how about just making the Pershing a buffed panther and not BATSHIT insane op ultra tank, so USF can keep their core mechanics?

Noone has ever said anything differently. I think you are hearing the voices in your head again :}
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS