Login

russian armor

Are guards' DPs worth the muni?

23 May 2015, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

wut?

Conscript
"Added a received accuracy modifier of 1.087"

Although you should still do it, specially since in general i'll rather have a conscript sitting in base reinforcing rather than a Guard.
23 May 2015, 18:24 PM

Conscript
"Added a received accuracy modifier of 1.087"

Although you should still do it, specially since in general i'll rather have a conscript sitting in base reinforcing rather than a Guard.

But you do realize that any squad modifiers do not transfer over to merged unit, right?
23 May 2015, 19:49 PM

If it's an entity modifier, which I believe the conscript RA modifier is, it does transfer between squads with merge. I am not entirely sure how that RA modifier is applied though.

Conscripts that merge into other squads retain conscript stats on the entity level, but not the squad level.

This is why weapon crews recrewed with pioneers retain the larger sight radius, despite being a different squad, and conscripts merged into shock troops don't have the armor.
23 May 2015, 20:04 PM

more dps is always better except maybe the dps should be 50 muni Kappa
23 May 2015, 21:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm pretty sure received accuracy is squad specific.
23 May 2015, 22:31 PM

Everyone here is a little salty about button nerf, I use it all the time and it works fine. It just doesn't laser lock tanks until they die every time like it did at one point. DPs are definitely worth it especially because I tend to float munitions as Soviets.
23 May 2015, 23:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm pretty sure received accuracy is squad specific.

Hey, you are the Senior strategist here. You should be sure and showing up stats and shit :P
23 May 2015, 23:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey, you are the Senior strategist here. You should be sure and showing up stats and shit :P

Unless the OverLord all knowing Strategist Sarantini told you it wasn't then im pretty sure received accuracy is squad-type specific.

I(and others)would be brutally killing original MG crews to get rid of the penalty all day if it wasnt. :snfPeter:
24 May 2015, 00:05 AM

Unless the OverLord all knowing Strategist Sarantini told you it wasn't then im pretty sure received accuracy is squad-type specific.

I(and others)would be brutally killing original MG crews to get rid of the penalty all day if it wasnt. :snfPeter:

They do get sight bonus's. A MG42 re crewed with Pio's can see all the way out to it's max range.
24 May 2015, 01:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

MG penalties will persist, but model stats will persist. That is why you can have support weapons with extra vision (PIo/Pathfinders) or camo (OH).

To clarify, a vet3 conscript won't retain it's veterancy buffs because those are squad specific but anything from the unit itself will ("Me thinks" RA, armor, DPS, reinforce cost).
24 May 2015, 02:09 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

MG penalties will persist, but model stats will persist. That is why you can have support weapons with extra vision (PIo/Pathfinders) or camo (OH).

To clarify, a vet3 conscript won't retain it's veterancy buffs because those are squad specific but anything from the unit itself will ("Me thinks" RA, armor, DPS, reinforce cost).

Well if veterancy based received accuracy doesnt switch over why would the initial received accuracy?

putting a conscript in a guard squad would make it horribly worse then because that 1.087 conscript received accuracy at vet 0(assuming the original conscript entity veterancy doesnt transfer) would make the guards,no matter their veterancy,into vet 0 conscripts when merged enough..which isnt the case.

Basically Received accuracy is squad specific like veterancy because received accuracy changes with veterancy....

:S
24 May 2015, 03:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well if veterancy based received accuracy doesnt switch over why would the initial received accuracy?

putting a conscript in a guard squad would make it horribly worse then because that 1.087 conscript received accuracy at vet 0(assuming the original conscript entity veterancy doesnt transfer) would make the guards,no matter their veterancy,into vet 0 conscripts when merged enough..which isnt the case.

Basically Received accuracy is squad specific like veterancy because received accuracy changes with veterancy....

:S

I look for it and you are right. Armor is applied entity wise, while it seems that base receive accuracy applies to squads.

received_accuracy_modifier: {
| | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\received_accuracy_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_squad";
| | | | | | exclusive: false;
| | | | | | modifier_id: "";
| | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001782;
| | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001783;
| | | | | | target_type_name: "";
| | | | | | usage_type: "multiplication";
| | | | | | value: 1.087f;

Your explanation is not correct although, cause previously, armor was modified by veterancy.
nee
24 May 2015, 11:15 AM

Worth the munitions cost. Good, but not great. Just keep that in mind when yo use them in fights. Just don't upgrade it for Button, you're better off just sacrificing a conscript squad to perform the same job for better results.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★