Login

russian armor

What is the penalty for suppression a k a PPSH does nuffin

18 May 2015, 21:25 PM

So two full health conscripts charges and shoots a 5 vet volk squad in the face (the volk was targeted) with PPSH and have to retreat and almost get themselves wiped out. Granted they were suppressed and shot at from other directions and stuff. BUT STILL! Two conscirpts with PPSH at arms lenght (favorable weapon range) can hardly even scratch the health of a full vetted volk, let alone kill a single member of that squad?!

Working as intended? What do you think?

18 May 2015, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, I've heard being in "point blank" range that those Scripts definitely are in should allow them to ignore suppression modifiers.

...perhaps that isn't actually the case?
18 May 2015, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 21:54 PMVuther
Yeah, I've heard being in "point blank" range that those Scripts definitely are in should allow them to ignore suppression modifiers.

...perhaps that isn't actually the case?

Incoming suppression modifiers.
That means, suppressed units for a short time take reduced small arms dmg, close range negates that.

Suppressed units still have only 25% of accuracy and reload.
18 May 2015, 22:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 22:23 PMKatitof

Incoming suppression modifiers.
That means, suppressed units for a short time take reduced small arms dmg, close range negates that.

You sure about that? I couldn't find that in the attribute editor (I was expecting it to work that way myself), suppression seemed to give the suppressed units the ton of penalties we all know about while the unit that suppressed them would be far less accurate against them. Which made sense to me, because it doesn't really feel like supporting units taking any longer to kill suppressed infantry to me.

But, of course, I may be wrong...
18 May 2015, 22:44 PM

Squad that has been suppressed cannot hit an Elefant with shotgun even at close range.
19 May 2015, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Squad that has been suppressed cannot hit an Elefant with shotgun even at close range.

NEW AMERICAN COMMANDER WITH INFANTRY UNIT ARMED WITH SHOTGUNS CONFIRMED!
19 May 2015, 01:13 AM

19 May 2015, 03:19 AM
Patrion 28

i thought suppression just gave a blanket damage reduction for a short period but tbh i've never actually seen anything to confirm that. the only thing i know about the extra survivability comes from the loading screen and those are notoriously inaccurate (like the one that says you can only build fires before blizzards). if it's actually an accuracy modifier on HMGs against suppressed/pinned targets that'd be really dumb at this point in the game's life but wouldn't surprise me.
19 May 2015, 10:56 AM

So

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2015, 22:23 PMKatitof

this is the penalty for supression then?
19 May 2015, 11:16 AM

Yes, HMGs have additional penalties, but normal infantry shoots at 25% effectiveness pretty much.

suppresses infantry also gets LESS damage from small arms unless they are in short range, that is why despite good DPS HMGs seem to not do enough damage, especially evident with Maxim on longer range.

After some time, defensive suppression modifier is replaced by the opposite of it and pinned squad after short while will get huge rec acc penalty.

You can observe this best, when you use RET volley fire, let them pin a squad and let them work on it, after certain time after the pin they will literally execute the pinned squad.

This is the general idea on how does it work.
For specific values ask your nearest stat wizard.
19 May 2015, 12:43 PM

Thanks, I knew the workings of received damage during suppression and pinning, but nice writeup nevertheless. I mostly wondered how high the priority to retreat is. That is: "are suppressed units doing any good for it to be an idea to let them linger?" For trowing a nade, yes, for shooting (like I did), no. By the sound of 25%.
19 May 2015, 12:50 PM

Well, suppressed units do as good as drawing MG fire to them so you can flank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★