Login

russian armor

USSR FHQ Ability OP

20 May 2015, 00:41 AM

Permanently Banned
ALRIGHT HERE IT IS

BEHOLD!!! my very crude drawing on how it works on steppes when spawning northside.

3 guys rush the central village immediately pop forward HQ, suddenly all of the munitions, central VP, and central fuel point are under the control of the allies. Only the island is left unaffected. 1 guy goes island to keep it from being easily overrun. The shock and confusion is usally enough to base lock the enemy team by the 10-15 minute mark. This strategy ensures you can easily hold most of the map and eventually when a large enough force is built up the cutoff point to the island can be hit.

not gonna work against anyone decent

the FHQ can easily be ignored if all players focus island and push north from there.

then they can easily get both fuels while one sov player picked a shit commander
20 May 2015, 00:44 AM

Permanently Banned

not gonna work against anyone decent

the FHQ can easily be ignored if all players focus island and push north from there.

then they can easily get both fuels while one sov player picked a shit commander

Well if they all push north then they cede control of the entire other half of the map. Giving the allied team an easy time rushing for island cutoff as well as encircling the 4 players who all funneled island.
20 May 2015, 00:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Well if they all push north then they cede control of the entire other half of the map. Giving the allied team an easy time rushing for island cutoff as well as encircling the 4 players who all funneled island.

encircle with wat? cons? pls..

grab south get mid, axis team has both fuels, then ur 9min t34 rush imagination is gone.

get mortar ht and destroy fhq from safety of base

u lost
20 May 2015, 00:52 AM

Everytime I use FHQ, the Axis sees this and never adapts to take them out or counter it, so it ends up being a win for me and whoever else is with me.

I had a game where someone threw three panzer 4s away to two 76mm AT guns and a 45 At gun siting near a FHQ. It was stupid.

Then again I don't mind letting the enemy make stupid choices.
20 May 2015, 01:00 AM

The reason it's terrible isn't because it's OP, it's because it's gimmicky as fuck and only works on certain maps but when it works it's a garenteed win when it doesn't it's a loss .

Abilities shouldn't be about winning in the first 10 minutes and then being screwed afterwards.
20 May 2015, 01:28 AM

Enough with the ********* Axis fanboi posts.
20 May 2015, 03:38 AM

These buildings collapse way too easily, plus Steppes is a huge map.

A single Ost mortar knocks down any of those buildings in 2-3 minutes. Plus all of the misses are going to hit near troops that are trying to heal. Bundle grenades take down any of those buildings immediately at the cost of 45 muni's. I can post a replay if needed.

Daspoulos and friends may get away with it only because they're top 10 players going against randoms. However, I'd bet he's never used FHQ on Steppes because location he shows for the FHQ isn't where the people that use FHQ put it, and makes no sense because it cedes both fuels to the axis. The comments about easily taking the cutoff are far-fetched. The "easy" move to the fuel cutoff is halfway across the map, directly in front of the axis base, and through two choke points.

The normal TAB start is to go three to island, then hit mid, so in the map that Daspoulos drew up, the three axis would have both fuels and hit fhq troops from side while the fourth hits fhq with mortar or ISG.

An ambulance works much better than FHQ on Steppes. Now if some genius wants to start a thread claiming that ambulances are OP then by all means go ahead.
20 May 2015, 04:24 AM

To any players reading this thread for tips or strategies: daspoulos is a clown who should be ignored. Please do not waste everyone's time by going Urban Defense on Steppes. You will lose, and your enemies and teammates will think you're an idiot.

It is a gimmick commander, but its effective on urban maps against players who don't notice you have the commander in your loadout and/or don't prepare for it at all. it's one and only use is to rush out and make a ninja FHQ that lets you hold a much larger area than you normally would, and/or to deny the enemy their natural fuel point.

It is not used on maps likes Steppes with a grand total of 4 buildings made of rotting wood, away from both fuel points
20 May 2015, 04:33 AM

quick question about FHQ, I didn't use that ability often enough although I counter alot of them. Can units in the FHQ reinforced? or they have to come out of building to do it. i remember seeing my maxim crew in the building getting heal though.
20 May 2015, 05:31 AM

Belittle my post but contribute nothing, good work...I guess.

Jaegers or Sturm Officer is excellent to do MP bleed because the units do great work at long range. You want to maximize your range against units around the FHQ so you can disengage whenever you want. This allows you to bleed when it seems good to you and get out if you are taking too many losses. Also both of these units excel against conscripts which is what he is going to have all around the building.

But since you seem happy to just make fun of other posters don't worry about it.

...from your previous post one could understand that you suggest for ONE player to build Jager infantry AND Sturm Offitzier .... same player.... do you see where is the problem now?
20 May 2015, 06:18 AM

So, it's totally fine because it doesn't work on steppes?
20 May 2015, 06:52 AM

"I appreciate your different opinion and I'd like to discuss with you about my thoughts on this topic"

- Said no one on CoH2.org ever.
20 May 2015, 09:54 AM
Donator 11

Actually it depends on the map... but beside its good early game it have some really good hard counters (Mortar HT is probably the best choice).

45 ammunition will counter some MP and 50 fuel

It can be devastating in big teamgames (2v2 +) but if you manage an counter the doctrine will be really really bad
20 May 2015, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 05:31 AMJohnnyB

...from your previous post one could understand that you suggest for ONE player to build Jager infantry AND Sturm Offitzier .... same player.... do you see where is the problem now?

No, you misread it then. I was implying those units could each be effective. Obviously Jaegers are not in the same commander as the Officer I was implying you select one of those commanders. The word "or" implies a decision in English, you get one OR the other.

Scavenge commander will give you nade volley at 3 cp's as well, so picking that gives you an AI unit to field and the ability to destroy most buildings.

Hurr durr I am such a noob, I don't even know how to play. I never play 4v4 Axis and I should feel bad.
-apparently me
20 May 2015, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 13:49 PMMr +
seems u never played 4v4. who the hell play FHQ in stepps map that are only paperwood house? Please guys go back to tutorial!

This strategy works well against scrubs and that is it.
20 May 2015, 15:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Everything works well against scrubs and that is it.

FTFY.

21 May 2015, 02:25 AM

I could love see my opponent have FHQ on steppes.

any way i don't think MHT can effectively burn down those big buildings like train station or apartment building. I will say they should give us demos so we can blow it up.
22 May 2015, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 06:18 AMRMMLz
So, it's totally fine because it doesn't work on steppes?

It doesn't work well on a lot of large maps, and is less broken than CAS (or any other doctrine with Stuka dive bomb). I'd happily give up FHQ for no CAS.
22 May 2015, 04:25 AM

Like clock work the FHQ OP thread is back every month..... I'm waiting for the next "B4 killed my whole army its OP" one that fallows it usually
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★