Login

russian armor

USSR FHQ Ability OP

19 May 2015, 10:34 AM

If you survive the early as axis against a Urban Defense player, you win the game (I'm talking about 1v1 and 2v2). It's simply an early game pressure commander that lacks everything but some gimmicky buildings.

No Elite inf, no Heavy Tanks.

Everything except the FHQ is bullshit in this commander.
Vehicle detection is bullshit.
Trap territory is bullshit.
Flame artillery is useless without a heavy tank to push through
and 45mm is the worst joke in CoH history.

I said it before and I say it again:
Do NOT attack the FHQ with inf other than a mortar. 2 mortars at least are essential. Cap around the FHQ to make it useless and barrage the hell out of it. Get a Mortar HT to win even faster.
Go fast T3 and watch your P4 defeat his whole army because there is nothing he can do against it.

I play 95% Axis and I never had to fear an Urban Defense Commander because countering it is pretty simple.

19 May 2015, 11:27 AM

Permanently Banned

FHQ costs 60 fuel, flame barrage costs 45 muni.

45 muni is guard nade :snfBarton:

I concede on fuel cost tho
19 May 2015, 11:53 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 09:14 AMJohnnyB

Well you heard the people, use mortar hts. You have them in 2 doctrines. The only problem is that they will be a hit for your amo income and ostheer realy needs amo. But nothing else works that good.

I use normal mortars, sinc the halftracks cost fuel, which you will need when facing a aggressive FHQ, since they usually make it near a fuel point.

But that is just my point of view. Perhaps mortar halftracks are better for the job. I have never used them myself, so can't judgde that much :)
19 May 2015, 12:23 PM
Donator 33

45 muni is guard nade :snfBarton:

I concede on fuel cost tho

45 muni is guard nade, bundled grenade AND Mortar HT flame strike :snfBarton:
19 May 2015, 12:25 PM

I Hope he's not a bear then Effen xD

Nope, not a bear.
19 May 2015, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 07:29 AMJohnnyB

:S

Belittle my post but contribute nothing, good work...I guess.

Jaegers or Sturm Officer is excellent to do MP bleed because the units do great work at long range. You want to maximize your range against units around the FHQ so you can disengage whenever you want. This allows you to bleed when it seems good to you and get out if you are taking too many losses. Also both of these units excel against conscripts which is what he is going to have all around the building.

But since you seem happy to just make fun of other posters don't worry about it.
19 May 2015, 17:24 PM

The strategy is annoying but very beatable.

If Ost: Immediately get multiple MG's and place them just outside of the range of conscripts near the building. Lock the area down and make him crawl. He will bleed MP to stay on the field. In the meantime have a teammate get mortars, or if you are doing a good job of keeping the conscripts down just move up with infantry to pick them off. The buffs won't help that much if they are suppressed. If you still need it get the MHT. Avoid getting grens until a little later since they will just bleed you of MP.

So much this. I don't bother with the mortar though. When the FHQ is up my objective is to burn it to the ground using a Pio with a flamethrower. Attack groud and burn the building to the ground. Works faster then a mortar.
19 May 2015, 17:40 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm intrigued on how FHQ works on Steppes...

The little village across from the central victory point.If you spawn opposite of that side you can make any one of those forward HQs essentially shutting off the munitions, middle VP, as well as give you a great defensive position to the middle fuel. Lots of fun.
19 May 2015, 17:59 PM

The little village across from the central victory point.If you spawn opposite of that side you can make any one of those forward HQs essentially shutting off the munitions, middle VP, as well as give you a great defensive position to the middle fuel. Lots of fun.

These buildings collapse way too easily, plus Steppes is a huge map.
19 May 2015, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned

These buildings collapse way too easily, plus Steppes is a huge map.

Lol hardly, in the early game, all it needs to do is stay up for around 8 minutes. Once one is down, just pop the next one.
19 May 2015, 21:45 PM

I have to LOL at anyone who would go FHQ on steppes

The 2 "buildings" in the east are made of wicker and are easily killed with small arms and a grenade or two
19 May 2015, 23:18 PM

More like you have to shut the fuck up, because you've never fucking tired it. I know its too good to be true that a soviet doctrine is OP as shit. FHQ is not restricted by overall maps. They will work on any area with strong/multiple buildings. I would post the replay but they are made obsolete over the patches. Perhaps me and my friends are just super 1337 to the point that we can make FHQ broken even on steppes. Or wait maybe thats not the case and its actually due to the doctrine itsellf. Gtfo of here arclyte. You don't even have the proper skill to back your obvious troll bias.
you're trying to convince people that fhq works on stepps thats a fail
19 May 2015, 23:24 PM

More like you have to shut the fuck up, because you've never fucking tired it. I know its too good to be true that a soviet doctrine is OP as shit. FHQ is not restricted by overall maps. They will work on any area with strong/multiple buildings. I would post the replay but they are made obsolete over the patches. Perhaps me and my friends are just super 1337 to the point that we can make FHQ broken even on steppes. Or wait maybe thats not the case and its actually due to the doctrine itsellf. Gtfo of here arclyte. You don't even have the proper skill to back your obvious troll bias.

19 May 2015, 23:55 PM

Permanently Banned
you're trying to convince people that fhq works on stepps thats a fail

red bear you seem even worse. Like typical "I don't play nazis cuz they so evil and lost ww2" top 10,000 only allied player. Typical garbage.
20 May 2015, 00:14 AM

Permanently Banned
ALRIGHT HERE IT IS

BEHOLD!!! my very crude drawing on how it works on steppes when spawning northside.

3 guys rush the central village immediately pop forward HQ, suddenly all of the munitions, central VP, and central fuel point are under the control of the allies. Only the island is left unaffected. 1 guy goes island to keep it from being easily overrun. The shock and confusion is usally enough to base lock the enemy team by the 10-15 minute mark. This strategy ensures you can easily hold most of the map and eventually when a large enough force is built up the cutoff point to the island can be hit.
20 May 2015, 00:16 AM

red bear you seem even worse. Like typical "I don't play nazis cuz they so evil and lost ww2" top 10,000 only allied player. Typical garbage.
yeah nice try, but no. not only that fhq still doesn't work on steppes even with you're shit paint skills
20 May 2015, 00:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Still theory crafting there red bear? Prove me wrong.
20 May 2015, 00:22 AM

only a fucking retard with adhd will lose to fhq on steppes, the buildings are made of paper and can be brought down with mortars alone, there's nothing to prove here
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
Sweden 27
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %