Login

russian armor

USSR FHQ Ability OP

18 May 2015, 17:21 PM

Permanently Banned

every allied player focusing one side will result in a loss. especially since I can get a mortar and basically shut down this entire strat, leaving one player with a shit doctrine.

I love how u glassed over the one unit that hard counters the FHQ to make up some "unbeatable early game" situation.

Did you even bother to read my post at all explaining how to use FHQ in 4v4? I'll summarize it for you. Get 3 mortars put them under FHQ influence, bam all enemy mortars and mgs rendered worthless. Only 3 players focus a side. Other guy defends other side. If the enemy has less than even 3 players attacking us at the FHQ at the fuel or cutoff. Then they give up all hope even trying to get fuel control for rest of the game.
18 May 2015, 17:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Did you even bother to read my post at all explaining how to use FHQ in 4v4? I'll summarize it for you. Get 3 mortars put them under FHQ influence, bam all enemy mortars and mgs rendered worthless. Only 3 players focus a side. Other guy defends other side. If the enemy has less than even 3 players attacking us at the FHQ at the fuel or cutoff. Then they give up all hope even trying to get fuel control for rest of the game.

mortar ht > FHQ

stop trying to ignore this
18 May 2015, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar halftracks are the most effective, everything else, even stukas can't undo the havoc fhqs do in time. If you can't destroy a FHQ and get back your fuel points by the 8-10 minute mark you've lost. Even with MHT you can just pop another HQ. You still have 3 other allies that are keeping up the push. You act as if MHT will singlehandedly win the game against a team of fhq abusers. Yeah, its probably a better shot. But not guaranteed. I know this purely from experience. I'm not theory crafting.

Lienne forrest, ettlebruck, steppes if you are on the south side. Basically any 4v4 map that has a cluster of 2+ buildings near the enemies fuel or cutoff point is prime place for fhq abuse.
18 May 2015, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortar halftracks are the most effective,.

/close thread
18 May 2015, 17:42 PM

Permanently Banned

/close thread

Yeah the only unit that has a chance to save you from an autowin strategy other than just shitty play on the allies part is really good balance.

FHQ is just fine, its only broken in 4v4 and useless in the smaller gamemodes. 10/10 relic balance.
18 May 2015, 18:23 PM

Permanently Banned

Yeah the only unit that has a chance to save you from an autowin strategy other than just shitty play on the allies part is really good balance.

FHQ is just fine, its only broken in 4v4 and useless in the smaller gamemodes. 10/10 relic balance.

I tell u the hard-counter, then u proceed to bitch about balance?

kay...
18 May 2015, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm intrigued on how FHQ works on Steppes...
18 May 2015, 21:44 PM

Played a game last night where I countered FHQ + Riflemen cheese with a single incendiary barrage from a mortar HT. He set up a second one a few minutes later and I spent another 30? munitions to kill that one too.

He had the benefit of FHQ for maybe 2 minutes, then he was garbage the rest of the game since that commander sucks. Meanwhile Spearhead is an awesome doctrine.

I personally never use Urban Defence because its boring and gets hard countered so easily.
18 May 2015, 22:32 PM

OMG you can counter the FWD HQ spam with dbl stukas?
19 May 2015, 00:09 AM

Yah mortar half track is probably the best counter to FHQ. It comes a roughly the same time as the FHQ and can destroy it pretty fast IF its not guarded by conscripts that can AT nade the MHT and kill it. FHQ are not invincible but under certain circumstances they are truly an early game winner. That is talking about 4v4 3v3 and sometimes 2v2 on certain maps (ettlebruck).
19 May 2015, 03:21 AM
Patrion 28

I tell u the hard-counter, then u proceed to bitch about balance?

kay...

it's not balance it's poor design, which is something relic is really good at... and the problem with depending on the MHT (even if it is a very good counter) is that it requires one of three doctrine slots on an OKH player. again, shitty design.
19 May 2015, 03:33 AM

Yah mortar half track is probably the best counter to FHQ. It comes a roughly the same time as the FHQ and can destroy it pretty fast IF its not guarded by conscripts that can AT nade the MHT and kill it. FHQ are not invincible but under certain circumstances they are truly an early game winner. That is talking about 4v4 3v3 and sometimes 2v2 on certain maps (ettlebruck).

^^^ The FHQ is really stupid, but the only maps it can attain this stupidness is on ettlebruck and other building heavy maps. Its also the only ability to use the commander for, which shows how bad the commander is in design...
19 May 2015, 06:55 AM

I'm intrigued on how FHQ works on Steppes...

Usually it works like shit. I sometimes play with someone who likes to use it, even on Steppes. He likes to make the buildings between the base and the island into FHQ, if we've pushed through the island so that the FHQ is near their base. Unfortunately, the wood buildings go down fast. Sure, we keep them off the island a little longer but in the end, we end up with one player using only non-doctrinal Soviets so our win rate for long games isn't good. Having decent tanks would be much better than FHQ on steppes.

Sometimes he'll put one in the buildings on the top, which doesn't accomplish anything besides pissing the rest of our team off.

It seems like the games where we used it and won, we would've won anyway, but the losses were made worse by everything else in the commander being garbage.
19 May 2015, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 06:55 AMGrumpy

Usually it works like shit. I sometimes play with someone who likes to use it, even on Steppes. He likes to make the buildings between the base and the island into FHQ, if we've pushed through the island so that the FHQ is near their base. Unfortunately, the wood buildings go down fast. Sure, we keep them off the island a little longer but in the end, we end up with one player using only non-doctrinal Soviets so our win rate for long games isn't good. Having decent tanks would be much better than FHQ on steppes.

Sometimes he'll put one in the buildings on the top, which doesn't accomplish anything besides pissing the rest of our team off.

It seems like the games where we used it and won, we would've won anyway, but the losses were made worse by everything else in the commander being garbage.

I Hope he's not a bear then Effen xD
19 May 2015, 07:29 AM

Seriously consider getting Jaeger light infantry and a Sturm officer.

:S
19 May 2015, 07:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Hi there

I am new and might not be the best strategist but I have had some succes with taking down the FHQS.

As OKW I use to just not bother attacking them and camp out on a munitions point and setup the munitions trade off. Then I get perhaps 2 to 3 panzerschreck squads. Then I let some units or a teammate be bait for the fire, and move in and attack ground on the FHQ with the shreck squads. Usually it takes 2 to 3 attacks of this kind and its gone. Most enemies don't notice it untill you have had 2 volleys fired.

As ostheer I am nog sure what to do about it. Again I am not the best, but usually mortars will do the trick for me after some time of bombardment

Squeaky
19 May 2015, 09:12 AM

in 4v4 and 3v3 where you have strong building (not stepps map) FHQ with sovient industry combo is almost impossible to win. Mortar HF is not so good and even stuka is take ages before you have on the field and u need to convert munition to fuel to have it fast. FHQ comes at 0 cp mortar ht comes at 2 cp
19 May 2015, 09:14 AM

Hi there

I am new and might not be the best strategist but I have had some succes with taking down the FHQS.

As OKW I use to just not bother attacking them and camp out on a munitions point and setup the munitions trade off. Then I get perhaps 2 to 3 panzerschreck squads. Then I let some units or a teammate be bait for the fire, and move in and attack ground on the FHQ with the shreck squads. Usually it takes 2 to 3 attacks of this kind and its gone. Most enemies don't notice it untill you have had 2 volleys fired.

As ostheer I am nog sure what to do about it. Again I am not the best, but usually mortars will do the trick for me after some time of bombardment

Squeaky

Well you heard the people, use mortar hts. You have them in 2 doctrines. The only problem is that they will be a hit for your amo income and ostheer realy needs amo. But nothing else works that good.
19 May 2015, 10:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 09:14 AMJohnnyB

The only problem is that they will be a hit for your amo income and ostheer realy needs amo.

flame barrage is 30muni

cost of grenade > 80 fuel FHQ
19 May 2015, 10:21 AM
Donator 33

The FHQ is fine IMO. You can't repair the building so it will go down eventually (even if you only use regular mortars).

The Mortar HT counters it perfectly, it arrives 2CP later but that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Early game, this doctrine is a pain in the a** to play against but once you have the unit you need to counter it...well, your opponent does not have any good abilities to use (except for the incendiary strike).

flame barrage is 30muni

cost of grenade > 80 fuel FHQ

FHQ costs 60 fuel, flame barrage costs 45 muni.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★