Soviets are too strong

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
14 May 2015, 17:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 16:57 PMBurts
Well this thread is turning into quite something :snfPeter:

Also a senior strategist slurring out insults , accusing everyone of fanboyism , what have we turned into :snfPeter:

Um, I'm accusing HIM of Being a biased fanboy because he is,and his opinion means diddly poo regarding balance in any mode

And uh spearhead the custom game door is always open if you feel I'm average.
14 May 2015, 17:11 PM

Um, I'm accusing HIM of Being a biased fanboy because he is,and his opinion means diddly poo regarding balance in any mode

And uh spearhead the custom game door is always open if you feel I'm average.

I honestly dont think senior strategists should even participate in these morbid fanboy wars, the only purpose they serve is so people can vent out their frustration on how they lost because they played poorly. Which this thread has turned into due to some certain individuals :snfPeter:

OP presented some rather interesting reasons on why soviets are too strong, however this has quickly turned into something very bad :snfPeter:

And all of this discussion is POINTLESS now. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why. Not going to go into details though :snfPeter:
14 May 2015, 17:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 17:11 PMBurts

I honestly dont think senior strategists should even participate in these morbid fanboy wars, the only purpose they serve is so people can vent out their frustration on how they lost because they played poorly. Which this thread has turned into due to some certain individuals :snfPeter:

OP presented some rather interesting reasons on why soviets are too strong, however this has quickly turned into something very bad :snfPeter:

Why not??? I shouldn't be able to tell BIASED 4v4 HEROES they are being unreasonable because I have this badge? Really? :foreveralone:
You saw Barton vs Cruz yesterday, right? That's just one example.. Thousands of poor axis players are tortured that way every day.

You can't say meta callin soviets are not at a big advantage over everyone else in all modes(overpowered)
:foreveralone:

Also boring classes go by faster when I'm angrily typing and arguing to Someone about balance on coh2.org :foreveralone:
14 May 2015, 17:23 PM

...mmhhh... soviets OP?

14 May 2015, 17:24 PM

The usual suspects defending the Soviets again:

Could you please tell me how Soviets are balanced then instead of writing "lel l2p, axis whiners"?

Squad wipes happen on a frequent basis, the tanks are up to German counterparts, the artillery is superior, the infantry can take a beating. And all is combined with a great ammunition flow + cheap mines.

So please let me hear arguments.
14 May 2015, 17:26 PM

Why not??? I shouldn't be able to tell BIASED 4v4 HEROES they are being unreasonable because I have this badge? Really? :foreveralone:
You saw Barton vs Cruz yesterday, right? That's just one example.. Thousands of poor axis players are tortured that way every day.

You can't say meta callin soviets are not at a big advantage over everyone else in all modes(overpowered)
:foreveralone:

Also boring classes go by faster when I'm angrily typing and arguing to Someone about balance on coh2.org :foreveralone:

Yes i can say that meta call in soviets are not a big advantage over everyone considering that ostheer call ins are literally the same thing while their non doctrinal vehicles are crap + are restricted with a very one sided teching design. And while i do agree that soviets stomp on OKW in 1s this patch, vs ostheer they dont because of a few reasons.

Ill give my thoughts here

Grens generally go toe to toe with conscripts in the early game. Sure , cons have a decent advantage in a 1v1 fight, but in a team fight where multiple grens and cons are fightning it equalizes out. MG-42 is good againts elite infantry , flame pioneers are good againts shocks. The sniper is efficent againts sandbag spam, which makes ostheer able to deal with con sandbags with gaurds behind, something that OKW basically has no counter to. Mortar, riflegrenade is excellent againts their team weapons, while the 251 halftrack provides the wehr player with a very solid strongpoint. Later on if you go full meta which is either CAS or STUG E, you get access to one of the most efficent infantry killers at the game, which basically has no counter when it arrives, (t-34/76 does not usually count as a counter because it fires slowly, doesnt pen with every shot ) and of course pak-40s being handsdown the best at gun in the game makes the t-34/76 a very soft counter. With CAS you can just spam LMG grens, and because of the pak-40 you realistically dont need tanks when you have just a massive LMG gren army.

Lategame you will generally get to the tiger, which despite what some people will say here is still a very excellent tank, and a pak-40 + tiger combination in the lategame will have the advantage over shock rifle IS-2 builds, unless you are behind in map control and he gets 2 IS-2s for your 1 tiger. Less so againts gaurd motor, but generally its a fair fight.

14 May 2015, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Meta soviets (shock rifle, guard motor), dual snipers, or flame cars vs okw. These are the best strategies in the game, far better than okw, or even CAS, and mechanized for ost are as good.
14 May 2015, 17:36 PM

Spearhead no offence, but 4v4 has not much evolved since the days of vCoH Scheldt. That does not mean one needs no skill at all, but its a much, much more limited, forgiving and generic game than the smaller matchups.

Of course it is, no objections. Single decisions lose their relative impact when upscaled.. (While other skills become relevant..)

Call me a fanboy if you want, but I'm not interested in a balance that is dominated by soviets.
I just feel urged to argue when threads pop up here that accuse the weakest base army to be overpowered because there are 1-2 commanders which are actually very strong in 1v1/2v2 in the latest patch.

Btw Cookiez, may I present you your own average win percentages with different factions:

SU: 0,519
US: 0,537
OST:0,582
OKW:0,562

Yet you engage bitterly into an arguement where your statement is that your personal weakest faction needs to get nerfed. What does that say about the worth of your opinion?
14 May 2015, 18:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

May I present you your own average win percentages with different factions:

SU: 0,519
US: 0,537
OST:0,582
OKW:0,562

Yet you engage bitterly into an arguement where your statement is that your personal weakest faction needs to get nerfed. What does that say about the worth of your opinion?

Please play me(bet you won't, you have no balls)or shut up. If you Saw my percentages and the people I've beat/almost beat since i got a computer that could actually run Coh2 properly(only 4 monthz ago)you wouldn't be talking as stupidly.
14 May 2015, 18:22 PM

Why is your rank still shit then?

I'm not trained in 1v1 and have no time atm, but we can do that later in the summer if it makes you happy.
14 May 2015, 18:24 PM

I'm not trained in 1v1 and have no time atm, but we can do that later in the summer if it makes you happy.

This is the usual excuse team games heroes use every time they are challenged to prove their points :snfPeter:

You are calling him average, implying you are some kind of pro, and then you say that? You better stop embarassing yourself right now.
14 May 2015, 18:28 PM

Lol this thread
14 May 2015, 18:28 PM

This is the internet!! How would I embarrass myself here?? lol

Im not a pro and have less than 10 games ranked in 1v1, yet I accept, what do you expect? I don't even know the maps! That needs time, which I wont have for a while.

But he is always invited to grab whomever he wants and fight us 4v4.
14 May 2015, 18:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

At least I have ranks in modes that actually matter, and I already told you I've won 70% of my games at least since I stopped playing on A graphics card that could barely handle Microsoft Word.

Take as long as you want to train, I'll be waiting.

Anyway this turned into an E Dick contest, sorry OP.

meta Soviets sre OP, now continue on topic everyone

14 May 2015, 18:30 PM

Yea it is ridiculus, meta soviets are strong and nonmeta are pathetic.

Regarding E-Dicks:

Your best 2v2 AT rank is 240, mine is 13 lol...
14 May 2015, 18:35 PM
Donator 33

This thread is done, flame and self entitlement by a staff member to be a foul languaged child. Cool. The leaked notes already show the big changes needed to Soviet play, so why the whine must continue is mysterious. I appreciate Von's attempt to bring sanity here, he was ignored.
14 May 2015, 18:37 PM

Permanently Banned

This is the usual excuse team games heroes use every time they are challenged to prove their points :snfPeter:

enjoy

14 May 2015, 18:38 PM

The leaked notes already show the big changes needed to Soviet play, so why the whine must continue is mysterious.
Where are those notes?
14 May 2015, 18:42 PM

Yea it is ridiculus, meta soviets are strong and nonmeta are pathetic.

Regarding E-Dicks:

Your best 2v2 AT rank is 240, mine is 13 lol...

Did someone say E-Dick? Rank 10 2v2 AT ftw :foreveralone:

So obviously my opinion trumps all. \:foreveralone:/

Anyone else got an E-Dick they'd like to scale on this thread?
If not lets continue whining about how OP Axis and Allies are. :foreveralone:
14 May 2015, 18:43 PM

Soviets are the most boring Army in the game, only few commanders/strategies are competitive. If you have a problem, blame the game designer who created the Soviets to be reliant on Call Ins infantry and Tanks.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Korea, Republic Of 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak