Login

russian armor

Soviets are too strong

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
14 May 2015, 13:09 PM

Throughout the patches the Soviet faction has been buffed for the lategame, while the Axis lategame has been made weaker.

Now Soviets have the advantage of survivable infantry (6 entities) and weapon crews early and get better tanks late game. The IS-2 is better than Tiger and King Tiger for cost, the ISU has a better use than the Elefant (barely loses to Elefant, yet can easily kill infantry).

Soviet call ins are way too strong and provide too much synergy with T-34/85s and mark target or Guards + ISU-152 etc. Added to that they are dirt cheap because no teching is required.

The worst is the ability to easily wipe any Axis infantry with expandable mines and demos, Mortars, or even lategame call ins.

Certain maps can be easily locked down with the 120mm mortars. The Soviets have the best:

- Artillery (120mm, Katjuscha, 152mm)
- Tanks (ISU-152 is more versatile than ELefant, IS-2 > Tiger and even KT for cost, etc.)
- Explosives (cheapest mos useful mines, Demos) + usually ammo available
- survivability of infantry (6 men)

Imo that´s too much. They go from early game advantage to lategame advantage.

Tl;dr: The real problems are:

1) Cheap call ins,
2) No other faction has that much of a squad wipe potential
-- a) Artillery advantage,
-- b) Mine advantage
3) Survivable units,
4) Yet a lategame on par with the Axis factions,
5) Can easily take losses, while a wiped unit as Ostheer cripples you.

This issue is especially a problem in team games, where the Soviet advantage stacks. More squad wiping, more artillery, yet equal tanks.
14 May 2015, 13:24 PM

Katjus are easy kill, even for infantry, ISU is not that much of a problem i think.Mines can easy be detected. since 120 mm nerf they dont insta whipe squads. IS 2 is rly a thing, they have Josifs big boy way to early....soviets are rly trong this patch, just spam guards and call in 85´2 or ISU
14 May 2015, 13:29 PM

Soviets are too strong

Of course.

They are also boring as fuck
14 May 2015, 13:29 PM

I think sovjets are probably the strongest they have ever been, BUT.... They are not TOO strong. They are straddling that fine line right now tho.

Ost vs sov is still pretty balanced I thibk. 120mm mortar wipes a bit to often but that might just be my bad luck so I won't go on with that.

Sov vs Okw is where the problem is. Okw seem way underpowered versus sovs.

Soviets are just so damn versatile and can beat you so many different ways.
14 May 2015, 13:30 PM

Why bad germans players are always complaining?
14 May 2015, 13:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

lololol been saying this for a while now.
META Sovs walk all over anything axis can dish out.
They are the definition of overpowered.
I never fear anything as soviets. You try to out spam my con spam? Good luck
Use combined arms? You better not make any mistakes or it'll all go to shit, AND something of yours WILL be stolen and put to use against you with a 6 man crew. Good luck taking it back.
and to top it all off,nothing funnier than actually winning, or even dominating early and mid vs soviets only for them to storm back into the game with call in tanks.

But on the flip side, non meta soviets get walked all over by axis,so can you blame soviet players for going guard motor shock rifle every game?
14 May 2015, 13:57 PM

Permanently Banned
sov sounds like the most well designed faction

maybe u should start playing them

(sarcasm)
14 May 2015, 13:57 PM

lololol been saying this for a while now.
META Sovs walk all over anything axis can dish out.
They are the definition of overpowered.
I never fear anything as soviets. You try to out spam my con spam? Good luck
Use combined arms? You better not make any mistakes or it'll all go to shit, AND something of yours WILL be stolen and put to use against you with a 6 man crew. Good luck taking it back.
and to top it all off,nothing funnier than actually winning, or even dominating early and mid vs soviets only for them to storm back into the game with call in tanks.

But on the flip side, non meta soviets get walked all over by axis,so can you blame soviet players for going guard motor shock rifle every game?

Nope cant blame them :/
14 May 2015, 14:13 PM

OP missed the part where during all that time axis early game was getting buffs.
14 May 2015, 14:17 PM

Permanently Banned
players forget about pre-patch bullshit-KW very fast
14 May 2015, 14:21 PM

Stupid thread. Please close.
14 May 2015, 14:23 PM

Or maybe you forgot snipers in clown cars? Lol....
14 May 2015, 14:24 PM

I would LOVE to know your reasoning of why you thought that something that isn't in game for well over a year is relevant for current patch.
14 May 2015, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

I think a big problem is the power of their late game call-in tanks and the synergy they have with t2. 2 is2's is insanely hard to deal with. Not impossible, but a huge challenge
14 May 2015, 14:27 PM

L2P mate
14 May 2015, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 14:24 PMKatitof

I would LOVE to know your reasoning of why you thought that something that isn't in game for well over a year is relevant for current patch.

Read entire thread. Specifically 2 posts above. Mentioning of previous patches. L2R nub
14 May 2015, 14:29 PM

Permanently Banned

u playing alpha build?
14 May 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 14:13 PMKatitof
OP missed the part where during all that time axis early game was getting buffs.

I knew this was coming. Soviet warrior Katitof himself on his quest to defend comrade stalin and his minions.
14 May 2015, 14:34 PM

I knew this was coming. Soviet warrior Katitof himself on his quest to defend comrade stalin and his minions.

For Mother Russia! We shall kill all Fascists in Auto-Match!
14 May 2015, 14:36 PM

Throughout the patches the Soviet faction has been buffed for the lategame, while the Axis lategame has been made weaker.

Now Soviets have the advantage of survivable infantry (6 entities) and weapon crews early and get better tanks late game. The IS-2 is better than Tiger and King Tiger for cost, the ISU has a better use than the Elefant (barely loses to Elefant, yet can easily kill infantry).

Conscripts are still conscripts there is 6 of them because they have crap stats. Guards can be good but axis I believe especially okw still have on par infantry or better.

Soviet call ins are way too strong and provide too much synergy with T-34/85s and mark target or Guards + ISU-152 etc. Added to that they are dirt cheap because no teching is required.

I agree with mark target this works great with a USF partner with E8's or Jacksons. Although no teching is required soviets will have a really hard time surviving if they do not tech t3 or t4. Waiting for there 152's or IS2 in 1v1 or 2v2 I think it would be impossible not to tech 3 or 4

The worst is the ability to easily wipe any Axis infantry with expandable mines and demos, Mortars, or even lategame call ins.

Don't think the 120 is that great anymore it has been nerfed several times with its range and lethality. As for the mines that is just your own fault IMO maybe the munitions cost should be raised a bit because it can be very effective but a simple mine sweeper fixes this. As well as I have lost plenty of allied units to good axis players who like to use mines/demos

Certain maps can be easily locked down with the 120mm mortars. The Soviets have the best:

- Artillery (120mm, Katjuscha, 152mm)
- Tanks (ISU-152 is more versatile than ELefant, IS-2 > Tiger and even KT for cost, etc.)
- Explosives (cheapest mos useful mines, Demos) + usually ammo available
- survivability of infantry (6 men)

How is the katusha better than the walking stukka???? it has relatively low lethality compared to the stukka that is just non sense. Stukka there is a high chance your going to lose a squad or two even with immediate retreat. Katusha you most likely won't lose any.

Imo that´s too much. They go from early game advantage to lategame advantage.

Tl;dr: The real problems are:

1) Cheap call ins,
2) No other faction has that much of a squad wipe potential
-- a) Artillery advantage,
-- b) Mine advantage
3) Survivable units,
4) Yet a lategame on par with the Axis factions,
5) Can easily take losses, while a wiped unit as Ostheer cripples you.

This issue is especially a problem in team games, where the Soviet advantage stacks. More squad wiping, more artillery, yet equal tanks.

I still find the axis have the advantage late game there resource rates excel later on with trucks and what not seems soon as well kill one tiger or kt another one is right there to replace it and eventually we can't keep production up quite the same the axis still has far better AT options with there at guns, shrek mobs, pak emplacements, jagdtiger.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS