Login

russian armor

Relic: Temporarily Free Commanders

9 May 2015, 08:57 AM

Cant wait to spam osttruppen to pick up every ptrs dropped and wreck cons.

i've used 3 grens with G43 at vet 2-3, they couldn't stand a fight vs 3 cons PTRS, first salvo killed 3 grens in one squad :snfBarton:
9 May 2015, 09:26 AM

i've used 3 grens with G43 at vet 2-3, they couldn't stand a fight vs 3 cons PTRS, first salvo killed 3 grens in one squad :snfBarton:

And people say PTRSs are not OP -.-
9 May 2015, 09:36 AM
Patrion 28

PTRSs are RNG machines, particularly on conscripts.
9 May 2015, 09:41 AM

It's stuff for free and an event. I can't bear myself to complain about that like almost everybody else here. What's wrong with me? Have I not spent enought time on this forum maybe? One day I can hope to be the same. One day.

You did not adress me in person but i do feel the need to reply:
I do applaud the effort of giving free commanders and double xp for the weekend, i merely think the commander choice for soviet is rather poor.
Actually, its so bad, it will ruin automatch for the weekend, considering every sov player will try it and since it is rather OP, the axis player will not have a fun time (and yes, every sov player does include me).

Simply put: i cba to deal with tank hunters every game, hence my rather negative first reply.

9 May 2015, 11:12 AM

this such an overreaction, its ridiculous. Stop doing drama and appreciate this for once. one weekend of free tank hunters wont ruin your game as much as 2 hours of original elite troops did.
nee
9 May 2015, 15:20 PM

Tried Tank Hunter, its really blobtastic, and for T0 infantry no less.
9 May 2015, 16:05 PM

i find nothing to counter the PTRS spam, only way i could pull off is i got a lucky walking stuka barrage or rocket barrage that other guy didn't pay attention to. this weekend sucked..i prob go PTRS blob too
9 May 2015, 17:29 PM
Patrion 15

Really glad to see this make a return!
10 May 2015, 14:17 PM

and since it is rather OP, the axis player will not have a fun time

It's not that powerful. No Soviet players I met so far used it. Only played a few games this weekend but still. And if it's considered so powerful ("op"), everyone can go get it at any time ever since last patch that buffed the PTRS. It's not like it's a hidden secret that the PTRS are now much better, so. Just go easy on the light vehicles and hmg teams if someone is spamming PTRS. They won't have much ammo for anything else so one can also use that knowledge to one's advantage.
10 May 2015, 15:03 PM

It's not that powerful. No Soviet players I met so far used it. Only played a few games this weekend but still. And if it's considered so powerful ("op"), everyone can go get it at any time ever since last patch that buffed the PTRS. It's not like it's a hidden secret that the PTRS are now much better, so. Just go easy on the light vehicles and hmg teams if someone is spamming PTRS. They won't have much ammo for anything else so one can also use that knowledge to one's advantage.

I've been using this doctrine since I dropped it, it's really stupid, and you will have ammos left and right by the sheer map control you get, they do a ridicolous amount of damage, 3xcons with ptrs will almost 1shot a flak ht and pII is useless against them, they rape everything I've even took down a command panther easily with them, granted he used it really badly, but I really have no need to use anything else but cons with ptrs,molos and at nades to counter everything from normal to elite infantry to any kind of tank there is with the exceptions of the tiger/kt, they even do a good job against OKW tiers, and the bombing run provided by the doctrine is only 180 muni and does a shitload of damage to everything even the KT.
11 May 2015, 19:00 PM

I've been using this doctrine since I dropped it, it's really stupid, and you will have ammos left and right by the sheer map control you get, they do a ridicolous amount of damage, 3xcons with ptrs will almost 1shot a flak ht and pII is useless against them, they rape everything I've even took down a command panther easily with them, granted he used it really badly, but I really have no need to use anything else but cons with ptrs,molos and at nades to counter everything from normal to elite infantry to any kind of tank there is with the exceptions of the tiger/kt, they even do a good job against OKW tiers, and the bombing run provided by the doctrine is only 180 muni and does a shitload of damage to everything even the KT.

I know they can definitely be very effective. But say you get countered by infantry, as many or more squads than your PTRS squads. Conscripts are still weak.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★