Login

russian armor

Stuart!

23 Apr 2015, 18:19 PM

Replace with SU76. Done and done.
23 Apr 2015, 18:48 PM

How about M3 halftrack filled with irregulars? That elite unit would often change the tide of battles
23 Apr 2015, 19:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
23 Apr 2015, 22:05 PM

How about taking a shitty light tank like it out of the game and giving USF something better instead. The Stuart being in the game is like the T-26 being in the game.

I know the tank was used in late 44, but comn Relic seriously? At least the T-70 has more killing power and it's scout mode borders on broken.

Relic said there will be no Chaffee (dont believe they ever gave a specific reason why) But yeah beef up health to 400, reduce the munitions cost on its abilities, make the main a bit more accurate; Most importantly though make its mobility in line with the other light tanks currently it handles like a medium tank which is half the problem with its survivability.
23 Apr 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Relic said there will be no Chaffee (dont believe they ever gave a specific reason why) But yeah beef up health to 400, reduce the munitions cost on its abilities, make the main a bit more accurate; Most importantly though make its mobility in line with the other light tanks currently it handles like a medium tank which is half the problem with its survivability.

Sounds like an overbuff to me IMO. 400 health seems enough to me. Dunno about main gun buff because it can one shot full health models. The 400 health gives it more late game utility because its special abiltiies are already pretty potent. Not sure how costly they are though i can't remember.

Point is I'm deathly afraid of an overbuffed stuart because I don't want half of all gave with usf being over by the 15 minute mark just cuz they can snowball the early game power into a stuart.

23 Apr 2015, 22:15 PM

GO LITTLE GUY!!!

I would like to claim my reward for "Longest surviving Stuart in a combat zone". It survived long enough to take a screenshot! :3
24 Apr 2015, 00:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the Stuart could do all right just being upped to 400 health and have its abilities' costs reduced. Right now it's like the 57mm and Greyhound in that its general usefulness requires a constant munition bleed for its abilities, but unlike the 57mm which is the longest-ranged and best fire-rate (by a bit) AT gun with those munitions and the Greyhound is the biggest cheese on wheels since the M3A1 with those munitions, Stuart just has useful abilities which hardly compensate for the meh unit otherwise.

Because the game shouldn't have the Stuart's abilities' power become comparable to the cheese that is Canister Shot (Dear God I don't even want to imagine that), just reduce its abilities' costs.
24 Apr 2015, 06:10 AM
Patrion 14

Sounds like an overbuff to me IMO. 400 health seems enough to me. Dunno about main gun buff because it can one shot full health models. The 400 health gives it more late game utility because its special abiltiies are already pretty potent. Not sure how costly they are though i can't remember.

Point is I'm deathly afraid of an overbuffed stuart because I don't want half of all gave with usf being over by the 15 minute mark just cuz they can snowball the early game power into a stuart.

The Shell Shock ability is 45 munitions.

Point blank engine shot is 60 munitions.
It's range of 5 is 3 times smaller than an at nade which is more than 2 times less expensive at 25 munitions and doesn't have a high risk of losing the unit associated with it. The 6 seconds long Shell Shock is not nearly long enough to guarantee an escape (even if we ignore that the stuart will target infantry first when Shell Shock is used, which causes a loss of already precious time). In order to try and save the stuart and get an engine shot off one will have to spend 105 munitions or the equivalent of 2 teller mines (or a little less then 2 m20 mines) or 4 at rifle grenades all of which have a higher chance to succeed and cause more damage without taking losses as valuable as a stuart.
24 Apr 2015, 09:10 AM

It's range of 5 is 3 times smaller than an at nade which is more than 2 times less expensive at 25 munitions and doesn't have a high risk of losing the unit associated with it. The 6 seconds long Shell Shock is not nearly long enough to guarantee an escape (even if we ignore that the stuart will target infantry first when Shell Shock is used, which causes a loss of already precious time). In order to try and save the stuart and get an engine shot off one will have to spend 105 munitions or the equivalent of 2 teller mines (or a little less then 2 m20 mines) or 4 at rifle grenades all of which have a higher chance to succeed and cause more damage without taking losses as valuable as a stuart.

Topped off with a reasonable chance of it not even working because, as with all tanks when near other tanks in coh2, the stuarts driver may well lose his shit and start pointlessly rotating.
24 Apr 2015, 14:21 PM

Exactly what I was talking about earlier. Even its "Useful Abilities" are horribly over priced. I mean just Give it RAM. At least RAM will land 9/10 times and the end result is the same. Dead Vehicle. And it moves around like a T70 that took Valium. Combined with low HPs.

I am with Daspoulus though little buffs are needed. Make it OP and it WILL snowball. Either make its performance worth the fuel cost or lower the fuel cost and add some HPs. Even with 400 HPs it would just be a shittier Luchs that costs more and has EXPENSIVE abilities that can rarely be used successfully.
24 Apr 2015, 14:50 PM

it both moves and has the engineering properties of a bouncy castle...
24 Apr 2015, 15:22 PM
Patrion 28

i don't know why people are complaining about the main gun; it has a terrible rate of fire and never hits anything.

my summery of the unit is shit damage, shit survivability, and meh abilities in a shit tier for a shit ton of fuel.
26 Apr 2015, 21:34 PM

45 fuel and a .50 cal upgrade. I would like this. With the captain you can build it fast, two for 90. Could be a nice thing.
26 Apr 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 21:34 PMLoki
45 fuel and a .50 cal upgrade. I would like this. With the captain you can build it fast, two for 90. Could be a nice thing.

You're describing Greyhound here.
27 Apr 2015, 04:13 AM

Fucking katitov. Yes you're right. No fifty but close enough. So buff it then. Buff it good.

Free stun with massive .cool down.

But what do u think about this. I haven't done my research but maybe some of HE shot. Or flack shot. And strait Ap rounds like the 57mm. Makes a cool sound and everything.

Rather make it like the Sherman and chage them out as needed. Or make ap rounds buyable.
27 Apr 2015, 05:00 AM

attack ground with stuart = AWESOMENESS Kappa
28 Apr 2015, 14:14 PM

I did see an effective stuart rush once. He had like three stuarts I think and trashed a bunch support weapons, some infantry and lighter armor with them.
29 Apr 2015, 01:03 AM

Keep it the same but make the hull MG less ass so it isn't so entirely spooked by infantry.

Its kinda sad that the US light tank is less useful than their scout car and their AA MGC.
29 Apr 2015, 02:36 AM

I think if it was more like the Luchs (make the Luchs be two shot by AT guns) and it would be in a great spot. Seeing as its the only light vehicle in the Captain tier, it should at least be good. Lieutenant gives you the options of a pretty good M20 that can lay mines or have bazook guys jump out, or an AA halftrack with long range and supression. The Stuart brings only wasting of fuel to the table :foreveralone:
29 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 01:03 AMacosn
Keep it the same but make the hull MG less ass so it isn't so entirely spooked by infantry.

Its kinda sad that the US light tank is less useful than their scout car and their AA MGC.

Seems legit. couldn't a Stuart have something ridiculous like 8 mg's?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★