Login

russian armor

Stuart!

23 Apr 2015, 04:25 AM
Patrion 28

It's that time again relic, please notice me senpai!

23 Apr 2015, 04:40 AM

First of all, performing badly with a unit doesn't show a balance issue. Secondly, the way you've chosen to show a unit not performing is twice as unhelpful because decrewing and recrewing American vehicles affects their post game stats.

That said, I personally believe the Stuart is fine. I've used it with success many times in 1v1 and 2v2. However, it is a unit that requires a lot of micro to survive since it dies to two pak shots. So I could see other players having trouble using it. If any buff is needed it's probably a small health buff to allow it to just survive two hits from paks etc
23 Apr 2015, 04:40 AM

Permanently Banned
Surely you'd know relic only focuses on changing no more than like 4 units per patch. Your request should be filled out no later than Late 2016
23 Apr 2015, 04:42 AM

Surely you'd know relic only focuses on changing no more than like 4 units per patch. Your request should be filled out no later than Late 2016

That's a good thing. If you change too many units at once the new patch becomes unpredictable. Leading to over buffs and over nerfs.
23 Apr 2015, 05:00 AM
Patrion 28

the picture is just there because i find it hilarious that i did 1k infantry damage and it was only worth 27%. that's shit. i had forgotten about recrewing messing with it though so who knows what the actual stats are.

also, the tank is objectively bad, possibly on the level of the su-76. it does no damage and dies all over the place. its single redeeming factor is a buggy pair of stuns.

this isn't a very serious thread because there's nothing to say that hasn't already been said, i'm just hoping relic notices the thread while browsing the forums and remembers the stuart for a couple of seconds. maybe it'll be long enough to write it down.
23 Apr 2015, 05:02 AM

Crappy vet abilities...

Having 400 health would help a lot, though.
23 Apr 2015, 05:15 AM

As a light anti vehicle platform it comes a bit too late and is too expensive to really be worthwhile. It doesn't have the infantry killing power of a T70 or P2, which is the primary reason you get those light tanks. As a utility vehicle that can use abilities to take down enemy heavies it's too fragile and inconsistent.

I guess Relic said to themselves "ehhh, we don't want another anti-infantry light tank, there's already several of those. We'll make it asymmetric!" and this is what we ended up with. Jackass of all trades. A generalist light tank in a game dominated by heavies :S
23 Apr 2015, 06:42 AM
Patrion 27

I'm one of those masochists that insists on playing with crappy units like Stuart and SU76 and after extensive testing I don't think either of them is worth the manpower/fuel or popcap.
23 Apr 2015, 07:06 AM

Compare Stuart and Stug G costs :foreveralone:

Stuart is weird unit. Puma, T70, flak outperform Stuart in their jobs and this little piece of steel tries to be good with everything at once which leads us to shitty performance.

And the best part, activate shock shells, look how Stuart is targeting infantry.

And engine damage is suicide mission mostly.
23 Apr 2015, 11:00 AM

Stuart is a Little bugger for axis with no pak out. It has great mobility to flank paks too but has to Watch out for panzerfausts the same way all axis vehicles need to watch out for conscript nades.

decrewing and recrewing American vehicles affects their post game stats.

Really? Heh..

I'm one of those masochists that insists on playing with crappy units like Stuart and SU76 and after extensive testing I don't think either of them is worth the manpower/fuel or popcap.

I tend to build uncommon units because it's fun and because if one doesn't build them then one will never learn what they can do (cost efficient or not) despite all critique those units tend to get (sturmpanzer, brummbär, Stuart, su-76, T70, panzerwerfer).

23 Apr 2015, 11:09 AM

Its a little on the bad side but i've gotten it when going captain but wanting a vehicle on the field.

A little more hp, reducing the cost of the abilities, a slight range increase on destroy engine (you know, so it works) and a cost reduction to ~60 fuel and I think it'd be worth pretty decent.

Problem is at the moment its supposedly a jack of all trades tank but it relies on its abilities to do anything to vehicles and the abilities are crazy expensive and inconsistent to the point of rarely being worth bothering with.

I use it to kill half tracks but you know what would be better at that? any other light tank in the game.
23 Apr 2015, 11:13 AM

give more range on the special abilities
23 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM

Give 400 hitpoints and reduce cost to 55 fuel.
23 Apr 2015, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 13:08 PMNEVEC
Give 400 hitpoints and reduce cost to 55 fuel.

this would make it OP, Stuart survivability is fine when you consider it has the insta repair vehicle crew.
23 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 13:46 PMRollo

this would make it OP, Stuart survivability is fine when you consider it has the insta repair vehicle crew.

true. give it more hp without changing cost
23 Apr 2015, 13:56 PM

either 55 fuel cost, or 400 health.
23 Apr 2015, 15:21 PM

Its the M2HB of Light Tanks. Sure its costs more than its worth. Sure its horribly underperforming in its role. But just like ANY OTHER UNIT IN GAME it can be useful sometimes if the planets are aligned properly so there will be people all over the place that say its fine.

Stuart is crap. Plain and simple. For what it costs, when it comes, and how it can impact the game even in the very best hands.

Just for SNGs calculate the Muni cost of Stun plus Point Blank Engine Shot. It seems the two are meant to be used together. Its horribly overpriced. If anything the Stun shot should be free.

The Greyhound costs less and does the job so much better. I could accept the Stuart if it was a 40 fuel unit. Because thats how it performs.
23 Apr 2015, 15:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reduce fuel cost (not my deal) OR increase HP to PII levels (400hp).
23 Apr 2015, 16:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah I'd much rather it have 400 health. Lower the fuel cost to 55 and we'll be seeing them a little earlier than usual. IMO health buff atleast gives them late game utility so you can actually use its stun abilities. Other than that stuart is fine.
23 Apr 2015, 16:01 PM

How about taking a shitty light tank like it out of the game and giving USF something better instead. The Stuart being in the game is like the T-26 being in the game.

I know the tank was used in late 44, but comn Relic seriously? At least the T-70 has more killing power and it's scout mode borders on broken.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★