Login

russian armor

Riflenades vs. Maxims

19 Apr 2015, 08:41 AM

Easy squad wipes shouldn't be in game, unless its axis squad wipe abilities used on allies

#axisplayers logic :foreveralone:
19 Apr 2015, 08:52 AM
Donator 33

Riflegrenades are not OP, if we have this reduced grenade range thing while suppressed, being added to the game it will fix alot of stuff, imagine shock troopers only being able to throw their smoke directly in front of their face (while suppressed :) ) but should this also count for Faust/AT grenade range too?
19 Apr 2015, 08:57 AM

Correct squad spread would be more then enough.
19 Apr 2015, 09:29 AM

Not saying that riflenades wiping maxims is a good thing,

But cons oohraing facefirst into mgs and molotoving the squad isn't that smart either.

Why not just remove both units from the game if its so hard to balance kappa
19 Apr 2015, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2015, 09:29 AMdpfarce
Not saying that riflenades wiping maxims is a good thing,

But cons oohraing facefirst into mgs and molotoving the squad isn't that smart either.

Why not just remove both units from the game if its so hard to balance kappa

One of these requires sprinting (for munitions), getting shredded by MG fire (costing MP), and throwing said molotov (muni again).

The other requires standing in your base with vet 2 grens and laughing as your rifle nade mortar makes the maxim cry (Muni)

Slight difference.
19 Apr 2015, 10:43 AM

One of these requires sprinting (for munitions), getting shredded by MG fire (costing MP), and throwing said molotov (muni again).

The other requires standing in your base with vet 2 grens and laughing as your rifle nade mortar makes the maxim cry (Muni)

Slight difference.

He didn't say it was munitions-free. Stop throwing straw men.

And show me a replay where scripts get "shredded" by MG42s. They lose a model or two in 99% of cases just as grens do vs a Maxim.

The emotional nature of your post betrays your bias. "vet2 grens laughing". Sheesh.
19 Apr 2015, 11:19 AM

Slight difference.

Stop complaining every single faction can take out an unsupported mg from the front.
19 Apr 2015, 11:23 AM

And show me a replay where scripts get "shredded" by MG42s. They lose a model or two in 99% of cases just as grens do vs a Maxim.

Oorah does not give suppression immunity. Oorahing from max range vs mg with pionieer support for vision is just stupid. If you place your mg wrong it is only your fault.
19 Apr 2015, 11:31 AM

MGs take 1-2 seconds to shoot at a unit at max range, even if it is visible with pioneers. Oorahing into an MG with pio support will still get a vet 2 conscript squad into molotov range. (Since you apparently all feel like giving Grens insta vet2)

Also, pioneers + MG is substantially more manpower than just a con squad. They should be expected to win.

Molotovs are more RNGesus based than rifle nades. Good flame crits can kill 2-3 models really quickly, bad crits can leave all 4 models alive with 20% health.

On the other hand, combat engis + Maxim will still be riflenaded then shot to death.

Nonetheless, both scenarios are completely retarded. No faction should, as currently is the case, be able to counter an MG by running face-first into it then clicking a (few) button(s).

19 Apr 2015, 11:52 AM

Molotovs? Ooorah, suppression, take up MG, take down few meters further - cons still are under suppression so they wont charge again with oourah. It works quite often.
19 Apr 2015, 12:01 PM

This is the result of the last year change that reduced the space between unit members so they could fit in the cover better. AoE profiles were never adjusted to compensate and this affects all grenades.
19 Apr 2015, 12:05 PM

He didn't say it was munitions-free. Stop throwing straw men.

The emotional nature of your post betrays your bias. "vet2 grens laughing". Sheesh.

Bias? What bias?

It's a completely different set of scenarios in comparison and I had a little bit of a giggle about it.

Cons have to get to point blank to throw molotovs and they're generally about as effective as a warm bath because flame crits are silly. If the MG is spotted for and not set up stupidly they'll have to do the last third of that distance crawling. It's a painful experience.

Grens have to travel about three feet into the range of the maxim to fire off their nade at vet 2 because it has a huge range. Odds are they'll lose zero models doing that, one at worst.

There is genuinely no comparison. It's not a matter of bias, it's a matter of me being amused by the blatant, glaring disparity between the two examples.

Rifle nades are stupid good.
19 Apr 2015, 12:07 PM

I don´t think rifle grenades are overpowered per se. Attack moving Maxims can still be an annoyance. The problem lies in the fuel to ammo conversion which allows me to float 200 munitions. And thus transform my Grenadiers into an artillery brigade.
19 Apr 2015, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

Rifle nade is a precision strike that has a stupid amount of AOE damage and wipes squads way to easily.
19 Apr 2015, 16:35 PM
Donator 22

rifle grenades are good imo. The real problem, is that all six models are on the same spot most of the time. Specifically in cover.
19 Apr 2015, 16:36 PM

Oorah does not give suppression immunity. Oorahing from max range vs mg with pionieer support for vision is just stupid. If you place your mg wrong it is only your fault.

Hi, you must have a good imagination because I didn't say Oorah gives suppression immunity. The only person who has even brought that up is you.

I didn't say anything pioneer support either. Thank you for your creative response but it would be best to reply to what has been said, not what you think has been said.

Back to topic: I agree, rifle nades can be too effective against Maxims when the models are bunched up. If they are not bunched up, the grenade will not wipe the squad and the gunner will be replaced fast enough to keep the grenadiers suppressed. There are two possible solutions:

1) Ask Relic to make a patch to stop models bunching up.
2) Make sure you spread out the models when you position the MG. I find that Holding the mouse button and dragging it back from the position you chose helps. You can see the dots appear where the guys will go.

As for the range issue, there is a downside to the R-nades long range - you can't use it in close quarters. That is where the molotov is superior.
19 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM

Hi, you must have a good imagination because I didn't say Oorah gives suppression immunity. The only person who has even brought that up is you.

I didn't say anything pioneer support either. Thank you for your creative response but it would be best to reply to what has been said, not what you think has been said.

U wot m8

Of course you didn't said either of those, I pointed out how to use 42 correctly, if you say how good cons are vs 42 oorahing at mg and losing a model (this is what u said) then you should treat my previous post as a tip

And last but not least, if you love that word so much: you have to be creative to win in this game :snfPeter:
19 Apr 2015, 18:15 PM

U wot m8

Of course you didn't said either of those, I pointed out how to use 42 correctly, if you say how good cons are vs 42 oorahing at mg and losing a model (this is what u said) then you should treat my previous post as a tip

And last but not least, if you love that word so much: you have to be creative to win in this game :snfPeter:

Again you are making things up, this time about your own post. You did not point out how to use MG42 correctly, you wrote how not to attack it with conscripts. And I reiterate - you answered a question that nobody asked.

I didn't use the word creative either. I used "imaginative". Nor did I show any particular love for that word. For the love of god, that's three glaring mistakes already. You should learn how to comprehend what you read.

The "U wot m8" is another clear indicator of your intention to troll too. Are there any moderators cracking down on flamebaiting or are we to deal with trolling by ourselves?
19 Apr 2015, 18:23 PM

creative

Also you either are lacking sense of context or came here to argue cause every other person in the world would understand what I meant :snfPeter:

19 Apr 2015, 21:59 PM

offtopic please ...

Back to the spot - buff the range of Molotovs to be equal Rnades.

MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
Peru 8
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L