Login

russian armor

about the USF light AT mine

9 Apr 2015, 17:27 PM

I m talking about the one in USF infantry company

The M7 Mines are cheap at 5 munitions and should be planted by your riflemen whenever possible, in clusters of no more than 3. The mines can do engine damage of all types - up to and including immobilization; the chances increasing with the number of mines hit - maxing out at 3.

My replay tells the opposite, jadpanzer IV and command panther literally drive through the cluster with bare minimal damage. This is not the first time i have encounter this, but several times previously, hence i always back track and get an M20.
Anyone could explain to me how it supposed to be done.
9 Apr 2015, 17:48 PM

See it dosen't make sense. They should be like the light AT mines from the Soviet Tank Hunter Tactics where they stun the vehicle for a couple of seconds. But the M7 light AT mines are borderline useless.
9 Apr 2015, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Praise the RNG gods, and they shall reward you.
9 Apr 2015, 18:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

This is how I understand them

Mine activates on 'vehicle' unit types
When detonated it does in a radius of 3
- 20 explosive damage
- for 7 seconds it scans for enemy units with any unit type heavy_tank, heavy_vehicle (AKA medium tank),stug, brummbar, but only if unit has no more than 5 of these heavy slot items, and adds a 'heavy' slot item for 7 seconds
-for 7 seconds it scans for enemy units with any unit type light_vehicle, katyusha, but only if unit has no more than 5 of these light slot items, and adds a 'light' slot item for 7 seconds

If unit has 1 to 2 light slot items and the required unit types listed in the light slot item there is a
- 3/10 to give light engine damage
- 7/10 no action

If unit has 3 to 3 light slot items and the required unit types listed in the light slot item there is a
2/5 immobilize
2/5 light vehicle damage
1/5 no action

If unit has 1 to 2 heavy slot items and the required unit types listed in the heavy slot item there is a
1/10 to crew shock
1/10 to light engine damage
8/10 no action

If unit has 3 to 3 heavy slot items and the required unit types listed in the heavy slot item there is a
1/3 to immobilize
1/3 to engine damage
1/3 no action

Now what confuses me is that the requirement is that you dont own more than 3 to activate these criticals but you can have 5 slot items max. Meaning it is actually bad to place more than 3 in a place since the requirements to activate the criticals will fail

and ive rarely used these mine so im not sure if what im saying here in teh end is the case
9 Apr 2015, 19:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

translation... They don't always do crits, even in clusters, if RNG does not like you
9 Apr 2015, 19:14 PM
Patrion 28

but if you place to many the extras will NOT crit because relic fucked up on them when they made them.
9 Apr 2015, 19:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They're bugged and are best used against light vehicles essentially. They are "light" mines. You either place enough to blow something off the map with no crits(10-20 mines in a trail,) or place 3 and hope for some crits for only 15 muni on mainline infantry.
9 Apr 2015, 19:28 PM

This is how I understand them

Mine activates on 'vehicle' unit types
When detonated it does in a radius of 3
- 20 explosive damage
- for 7 seconds it scans for enemy units with any unit type heavy_tank, heavy_vehicle (AKA medium tank),stug, brummbar, but only if unit has no more than 5 of these heavy slot items, and adds a 'heavy' slot item for 7 seconds
-for 7 seconds it scans for enemy units with any unit type light_vehicle, katyusha, but only if unit has no more than 5 of these light slot items, and adds a 'light' slot item for 7 seconds

If unit has 1 to 2 light slot items and the required unit types listed in the light slot item there is a
- 3/10 to give light engine damage
- 7/10 no action

If unit has 3 to 3 light slot items and the required unit types listed in the light slot item there is a
2/5 immobilize
2/5 light vehicle damage
1/5 no action

If unit has 1 to 2 heavy slot items and the required unit types listed in the heavy slot item there is a
1/10 to crew shock
1/10 to light engine damage
8/10 no action

If unit has 3 to 3 heavy slot items and the required unit types listed in the heavy slot item there is a
1/3 to immobilize
1/3 to engine damage
1/3 no action

Now what confuses me is that the requirement is that you dont own more than 3 to activate these criticals but you can have 5 slot items max. Meaning it is actually bad to place more than 3 in a place since the requirements to activate the criticals will fail

and ive rarely used these mine so im not sure if what im saying here in teh end is the case

Say wahhh?! :facepalm:
9 Apr 2015, 19:45 PM

i did plant 3 mines in a cluster in one of the previous match, it just scratch the luchz while it mow down my retreating infantry.

if sarantini say it was true, then cookiencreem need to update his guide
9 Apr 2015, 19:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 19:45 PMy3ivan
i did plant 3 mines in a cluster in one of the previous match, it just scratch the luchz while it mow down my retreating infantry.

if sarantini say it was true, then cookiencreem need to update his guide

I never said it was absolutely certain you'd get a crit, I only said your chances of getting one would increase per mine placed up to 3. From there you won't help your chances of getting anymore crits, but you'll still do more damage. The mines CAN do crew stun,light and heavy engine damage, and immobilization. They can also do nothing.

but you're right it isn't clear that you won't always get a crit..but to be fair I also said not to get to excited about the mines :D
9 Apr 2015, 20:02 PM
Patrion 15

Huh. I've always just put them in clusters of 5 as mines in vCoH are 25 munis so I figure that's a good equivalent. Guess it's clusters of 3 now. They're neat for putting on top of a demo charge for an anti-vehicle bomb.

Always wanted to do some crazy setup where I put down a line of them leading up to a spot of green cover, behind which I put down a cluster. Then when the enemy goes to use the cover I grenade the first mine which daisy-chains the trail to the cover cluster and squadwipes. I'm talking about an elaborate 100+ munitions super micro-intensive squadwipe, but a truly hilarious one. Just imagine seeing that happen. I'm yet to pull it off though.
9 Apr 2015, 22:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Deploy 3 mines
-Move 10m and put another 3
-Rinse and repeat
-Pray
-????
-Profit

Don't rely on them that they WILL stop a vehicle like a conventional mine. Rather than advice you from a vehicle flank and with some luck you'll get a crit.
9 Apr 2015, 22:27 PM

Normally I'm firmly a believer in numbers and mathematics. Not this time

Personal experience tells me that planting 10 mines guarnatees engine critical.

I don't care if the coding says otherwise. When I do it and it works, I'm going to keep doing it.

EDIT: except for truck pushing
9 Apr 2015, 22:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Maybe the requirements aren't set up properly or im reading it wrong. i definitly dont have enough experience with them ingame. all I know i find them too random
9 Apr 2015, 23:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ill test that dpfarce.
Also
The guide has been updated to be more clear regarding the fact that it may have a chance(albeit low) to not crit at all,even in a cluster.

my apologies if you lost a game because that wasnt clearly written. Couldnt find solid info on the mines anywhere when I was writing the guide,but a good rule of thumb is to never rely on these mines to do much.
10 Apr 2015, 03:08 AM
Patrion 14

wish it was more consistent.
10 Apr 2015, 05:15 AM

by the way, i won that match despite nearly flipping my table.

out of the countless times i have used them since WFA, not even once did i get a crit. Prior to this match i had a luch drive thru several cluster of them with just a scratch. So this match i was really hoping it might work if i place more, A LOT MORE. But RNG god says NOPE...

guess back to m6 mines
10 Apr 2015, 05:22 AM

They're completely useless and reliably unreliable because they're a total gamble as to whether they'll actually do anything. USF is the faction that needs mines the most in my opinion, so why they don't have them besides the M20 car is a mystery to me.
nee
10 Apr 2015, 12:24 PM

Considering Riflemen's shit AT grenade, you'd at least thing this would act like the Soviet mine.

Which reminds me, have they fixed that bug with the Soviet mine where they actually don't do anything to vehicles?
10 Apr 2015, 12:31 PM

Good example of a poor design choice. The mine should be reworked or removed. Having a mine be entirely dependent on RNG is a terrible idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United Kingdom 133
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak