Login

russian armor

Is the King Tiger still worth 260 fuel?

PAGES (19)down
24 Apr 2015, 03:35 AM

i say don't save for KT until you have a panther first. any early medium tank from Allies other than TD could ruin your infantry force you need a mobile tank than can force away enemy armor units. and don't depend on Raketenwerfer and shreks to force enemy armor off, Sherman, bulldozer, IS2 usually could 1-2shot force those two units into retreat or sq wipe if RNG god isn't with u(i got 4 sq wips from a sherman 1 shot in a game it is not fun at all).and those units hits field way earlier than KT. SO focus on holding the line first then think about save for KT to seal the deal.

PS:
another thing i hate about US force armor that they could use decrew and recrew to cheat pop cap, in a 2v2 game my enemy the USF player bring out 7 jacksons while i only have a panther and KT because i reach pop cap, another guy had 1 IS2 and 2 SU85 and my teammate have 1 panther and 1 P4, 4 tanks vs 10 tanks how could i win against this? another game 1v1 when my KT arrives, USF have 5 Easy 8s can relic do something about this? may be decrew by player vehicles as long as it didn't change owner it will still take the population?
24 Apr 2015, 06:26 AM

Let's be fair a little about KT will you? KT had some "I win button" hidden in its armor somewhere. So the nerf was in the good direction, no doubt about it. The only thing now, is that you may think supporting it properly, not just send it into the oblivion, alone. I had no problem killing 3 T34/85s just with a KT but backed up by a Jagdpanzer.

If a change should be made, it should be something related to mobility (it's to damn slow) or a fuel cost decrease.
24 Apr 2015, 07:01 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 06:26 AMJohnnyB
Let's be fair a little about KT will you? KT had some "I win button" hidden in its armor somewhere. So the nerf was in the good direction, no doubt about it. The only thing now, is that you may think supporting it properly, not just send it into the oblivion, alone. I had no problem killing 3 T34/85s just with a KT but backed up by a Jagdpanzer.

If a change should be made, it should be something related to mobility (it's to damn slow) or a fuel cost decrease.

I'd really rather it stay expensive. Elite units need high cost because thats what makes them unique, as well as historical. Stat buffs would be more appropriate.
24 Apr 2015, 07:36 AM

Sorry but the old KT was outrageous. It was guaranteed to arrive in team games, and pretty much ignored all forms of AT short of vet 3 ZiS guns/Su85s.

The new KT is still tough and a major threat on the field, it's just not godmode anymore
24 Apr 2015, 09:54 AM

I think the new KT fits the game better.

I think its price should be reduced considerably.
24 Apr 2015, 09:54 AM

IS-2 > King Tiger thanks to call in meta.

Also I don´t like how the armor stats have been copy pasted now. This game isn´t about mirroring stats, the KT should have better armor for multiple reasons.

At least give the KT better vet. It needs better mobility and a bit more survivability with vet2. It´s vet bonuses are borderline pathetic.
24 Apr 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 09:54 AMButcher
Also I don´t like how the armor stats have been copy pasted now. This game isn´t about mirroring stats, the KT should have better armor for multiple reasons.

And that is why KT have more HP then IS-2 therefore it survives better.
24 Apr 2015, 10:45 AM

The King Tiger comes off as a buffed IS-2 tank, the main difference though is that a Sovjet player can actually spend fuel on vehicles AND buy the IS-2 once CP11 is reached.

The same cannot be said about the KT and once it hits the field you're very likely out-tanked by your opponent.

I'm not sure exactly what should be done though. Personally I find the Tiger Ace equally as frustrating to be up against, but at least that one allow you to still field tanks.
24 Apr 2015, 10:46 AM

KT is stock unit, unlike IS-2.
24 Apr 2015, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 10:44 AMKatitof

Does it though? The KT have quite a significantly worse Max Speed. You cannot get out of sticky situations quite the same.

This is just speculation on my part. Personally I stopped using the KT.
24 Apr 2015, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 10:46 AMNEVEC

Such a shame the rest of the IS-2 commander is so horrible.. Oh wait. You get another tank (KV-8), an elite unit and a good off-map artillery.

It's not exactly like you're suffering by taking that commander.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 10:44 AMKatitof

Nope, the IS-2 is more mobile. It can escape unpleasant situations. The KT can´t.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 10:46 AMNEVEC
Which isn´t only a disadvantage. If I could call in the KT without having to tech and getting it instantly, I would always pick the King Tiger doctrine.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 09:54 AMButcher
IS-2 > King Tiger thanks to call in meta.

At least give the KT better vet. It needs better mobility and a bit more survivability with vet2. It´s vet bonuses are borderline pathetic.

Just give KT it's armor back and it will be fine. This nerf made no sesne and was put into game just because of whines from low lvl allies which can't control their units and use timings. King Tiger was expensive needed teching his vet wansn't that great it is extremely slow. Myself have never experienced OKW being 100% in the control of the game everytime OKW got KT they were bleeding and had almost no map control because my 2 IS-2s hit much sooner and both had vet2 and supported by at nades on cons were death sentence for KT. Making KT cheaper is not the way if you make unit this hard to get by teching and have this high price tag it should be really fearsome oponent. Right now it is more expensive IS-2 which arrives later and gets destroyed too easy without really having a chance to close the distance due the low speed and lacking the armor to make up for it. You just get kited by Jacksons with AP rounds or just can't face IS-2s call-in or T-34/85 which control the map for 15minutes by that point.
24 Apr 2015, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 10:51 AMButcher
Which isn´t only a disadvantage. If I could call in the KT without having to tech and getting it instantly, I would always pick the King Tiger doctrine.

Starting to see the soviet problem perhaps?

And KT still got combat blitz.
Yes, it was nerfed, which means it can't engage warp drive to safety, but its still fast enough to grant safe escape. IS-2 speed is relevant only when you're chasing something and you won't chase down anything else then super heavies and KT.
24 Apr 2015, 11:03 AM

I dont find KT as a main goal. I would use Panther or Jadgpanzer instead. KT is reward for staying long in a game.

Point is, many players avoid any vehicles (waiting for KT) and then whine that they lose.

Teching is another thing. You get with tech med, rep and flak. No point to avoid teching if you have resources.

KT is stock unit which is the greates advantage (KT+Pak43 or KT+JT in 4v4 :snfPeter: ). You can get Jadgpanzer or Panther and win the game with them. If you wont, but you also did not lose Panther, KT will come to seal the deal.

Dont look at KT as your main and only vehicle - you will lose cause of that.

As for the armor 400 would be perfect.
24 Apr 2015, 11:28 AM

Stock unit, stock unit. So what if it's a stock unit? I think we can all agree that the nerf was ok and required, and that's all. Let's not forget the OP's question and the thread's title.
Yes, soviets are bound to their commanders, but each faction's architecture is different as it should be. If you wanna change soviets entire architecture now, they will be more powerfull than they already are. And they are the most powerfull faction in game currently.
24 Apr 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 11:28 AMJohnnyB
Stock unit, stock unit. So what if it's a stock unit? I think we can all agree that the nerf was ok and required, and that's all. Let's not forget the OP's question and the thread's title.
Yes, soviets are bound to their commanders, but each faction's architecture is different as it should be. If you wanna change soviets entire architecture now, they will be more powerfull than they already are. And they are the most powerfull faction in game currently.

For all the b-shit you usually write, this one came pretty reasonable and accurate.
I'd say that would open the gates to variety as the only thing that would discourage call-in meta from soviets is a potent stock armor, which pretty much means buff.

I hate how soviets are built, but I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done about them without tier revise and redesign.
24 Apr 2015, 11:35 AM

by the time i call a kt, the enemy already has two is2, so he just ram me with a t34 and flank with the is2's, or use the conscripts hoaming at grenades to bust my engine... and i'm done...
24 Apr 2015, 11:36 AM

Such a shame the rest of the IS-2 commander is so horrible.. Oh wait. You get another tank (KV-8), an elite unit and a good off-map artillery..

KV-8 is shit, shocks isn't better than guards anymore, arty is only nice.
24 Apr 2015, 11:39 AM

by the time i call a kt, the enemy already has two is2, so he just ram me with a t34 and flank with the is2's, or use the conscripts hoaming at grenades to bust my engine... and i'm done...

If your opponent have 2 IS-2 and T34, then you had very low map control and were pushed off the map most of the game.

Also, have fun doing engine damage to KT with AT nade, if you did, time to try some Lotto next.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS