Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
15 Apr 2015, 11:47 AM

To be honest, I have no idea how 4-5 squads with PTRSes destroying weapon is different than Grens blob killing crew and stealing or destroying it with pzschrecks. Same for OKW blob killing crew and then destroying weapon with volks. It's excatly same result, just OST and OKW must make 3 more clicks to destroy weapon.
15 Apr 2015, 12:29 PM

I suggest you try to win some 3vs3 or 4vs4 using those allies commanders (PTRS users) after that we could have a talk. PTRS are better now, but not op at all.

I suggest you play a more competative game mode, cons with PTRS are OP as hell (for the plethora of reasons already mentioned in the thread)
15 Apr 2015, 12:37 PM

Calm down dude! They do, and I am talking about fresh vet 0 guys.

The problem is their ptrs works similar to snipers and ur obers start to get low health and models quickly. Not sure if u really tested it but I certainly did and still
Have the videos. I even recorded the videos of the scenario to send to the game developers about how they messed the game. Take it easy

He is not even flaming, and here you are accusing him of it. Must be why people think you are so friendly with important things to say
15 Apr 2015, 12:42 PM

...which... is wrong in my opinion and exactly this is the problem. It needs to be more effective against vehicles, not infantry. And such a change (penetration buff) won't make guards crapy again. It will just improve their performances against vehicles and even medium tanks which will be ok and needed. Let's put it this way: how would you feel about changing schrecks in the same manner? To be quite good vs infantry?

No, AT rifles had issues with the new tanks which is why they quickly got replaced. They were buffed specifically for anti infantry this patch because guards were terrible. You would loose a model or so, and there went all of the dps outside of the DP's because the PTRS didnt contribute anything. this change was to make them more consistant throughout the fire fight and worth buying. Guards dropped out of the previous meta because people didnt want to pay 360 mp and 85 munitions just to have a unit that can tie an upgraded gren squad.

The conscript PTRS buff was a consistency consequence. They did not look far enough into the game to see how a lot of cheap squads wielding the buffed weapon could turn out be broken.
15 Apr 2015, 12:54 PM

The conscript PTRS buff was a consistency consequence. They did not look far enough into the game to see how a lot of cheap squads wielding the buffed weapon could turn out be broken.

I am quite sure they got enough of data from shreck volk blob and LMG gren blobs we have since forever.
15 Apr 2015, 13:15 PM

What your describing assumes there is no counter system. MGs should counter Cons. 4 cons with the PTRS upgrade can walk up and snipe an mg now. That shouldn't be the case.

Just to be clear, are you saying that there is no problem balance wise with mass PTRS upgrades on conscripts??

It's a little broken, but not any worse than dozens of other inane things in this game, like:

IR halftracks being able to see through buildings
PAK 43 being able to shoot through buildings
Soviets suffering casualties during the winter, but cold immunity to western front Germans
Luftwaffe pummeling US ground troops, instead of vice-versa
OKW being able to salvage Soviet weapons, but not vice versa
The disparity in being able to destroy crew weapons by using attack ground (a volks blob of the same size would kill the mg also, then either salvage the weapon, take it, or destroy it with attack ground, two more options than the cons get)
M10 crush (an open top TD would normally stay away from infantry)
lazer guided AT nades from Soviets and shreks from OKS or Ost
hand-held AT having nearly the same range as the main guns of battle tanks
etc, etc
meh
15 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 13:15 PMGrumpy

It's a little broken, but not any worse than dozens of other inane things in this game, like:

IR halftracks being able to see through buildings
PAK 43 being able to shoot through buildings
Soviets suffering casualties during the winter, but cold immunity to western front Germans
Luftwaffe pummeling US ground troops, instead of vice-versa
OKW being able to salvage Soviet weapons, but not vice versa
The disparity in being able to destroy crew weapons by using attack ground (a volks blob of the same size would kill the mg also, then either salvage the weapon, take it, or destroy it with attack ground, two more options than the cons get)
M10 crush (an open top TD would normally stay away from infantry)
lazer guided AT nades from Soviets and shreks from OKS or Ost
hand-held AT having nearly the same range as the main guns of battle tanks
etc, etc

You are like the first person I have EVER seen complain about Salvage in terms of Allies having that ability. In COH1/COH2 I don't recall ever seeing someone say Allies need/should have Salvage ability. It's almost comical... LOL....
15 Apr 2015, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 13:47 PMmeh

You are like the first person I have EVER seen complain about Salvage in terms of Allies having that ability. In COH1/COH2 I don't recall ever seeing someone say Allies need/should have Salvage ability. It's almost comical... LOL....

He isn't complaining, he points out how retarded argument about PTRS destroying weapon is in reality.
15 Apr 2015, 14:35 PM

Bla bla bla...in 4vs4 or 3vs3, they are just fine.

#adapt.

Ignorance is worse than stupidity.

Look at the whole game, not just a part of it.
15 Apr 2015, 14:47 PM

ptrs is fine if u get a guard which is doctrine unit and upgrade dp for 75muni, his 2 dps+2ptrs will still get shredded by non doctrinal 60muni lmg grens. combine with rifle nade and u have to make both dp+ptrs units move u auto win the engagement. and ppl complaining about con with ptrs need to learn that ptrs con will win from close and lmg will win from mid and far. so stop complaining about one commander with doctrinal ptrs for cons that hardly have an advantage over non doctrinal lmg grens that everyone can spam on wer. the only thing I might say needs to be changed is a price increase of ptrs to 60 only cause there are a lot of ppl complaining. one thing axis players need to learn is how to measure a fight, and retreat when u are gna lose more entities. don't let ur squad fight and die then say something is op. an allie player not gna fight his inf vs obers hes gna find a diff counter like a t70 t76 Sherman mc greyhound ect not waste mp..... its all about how u play
15 Apr 2015, 15:00 PM

Permanently Banned

Can i make this my signature? good sir? :snfBarton:
15 Apr 2015, 15:35 PM

Can i make this my signature? good sir? :snfBarton:

Sure :)
15 Apr 2015, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I still wonder why i've still to see someone use con spam with PTRS yet.
Is not like i would had been defeated by regular con spam if that would be the case.
15 Apr 2015, 19:19 PM

I still wonder why i've still to see someone use con spam with PTRS yet.
Is not like i would had been defeated by regular con spam if that would be the case.

Thats because if you won't close the game east enough with Tank Hunters, you'll be locked with massed but inferior AT weapons and greatly inferior armor.

Risk vs reward and at certain rank the risk is not worth it.
But god, the fun factor of the doctrine and seeing conscripts actually kill stuff.
15 Apr 2015, 23:40 PM

Fits well to those "if it's not 1v1 - it doesn't counts" guys (regarding game balance).
15 Apr 2015, 23:50 PM

So far I'm 3:2 wins vs losses for my dank hunter tactics games. But this is the first time I'm using conspam ever so I'm still getting used to a lot of stuff.
16 Apr 2015, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 14:07 PMKatitof

He isn't complaining, he points out how retarded argument about PTRS destroying weapon is in reality.

Yes, on so many levels. But it was amusing to see someone fail at reading comprehension and then LOL at me.

OKW having the salvage ability just seems a kluge by the developers to let a good player overcome the bad part of the weird design of OKW. The only time that it really bothers me is when I'm playing OKW or Ost, have a weapon get decrewed, and a teammate rushes to salvage it before I can recrew it.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS