Login

russian armor

Real Talk: Panther

PAGES (13)down
24 Mar 2015, 18:47 PM

Nobody is saying such a nerf should come without a buff to Raketenwerfer. But your argumentation is extremely forced, think about the tank itself. Allies have a lot of problems on their own and their tank destroyers are still worse. Axis can do the AT without tanks far better because of Panzerschrecks.

Panther is overperforming. If an overperforming unit is nerfed properly, it becomes balanced, not useless.It would then still be built.

Bazooka is utterly useless and not even remotely decent even against Panzer IV. So "bazooka blob" is out of the question.

Panzer IV can fight Soviet tanks effectively and Jackson cannot brute force a Panzer IV with panzerschreck and stunning Pak40 around. It would be the same thing with Panther; you avoid the enemy tank, except Panzer IV stands a far better chance because Jackson is far worse than a Panther and Panzerschreck is far superior to something like PTRS or Bazooka.

If you want T3 to be used more , you should first admit that Panther is overperforming. You would then have a case to make Panzer IV better. As it stands you're supporting the notion that there's no way T3 should ever get a buff when Panther is so good.

The Panther isn't over preforming, rather, it is literally the only turret non-doc Axis tank in the game that we see built anymore thanks to a lack of options.

The Tiger is spammed because it is cheaper, the OKW Panther is often mandatory because of the non-viability of the Rackten and the fact the JPIV is extremely unmobile and lacks any kind of traversable gun.

The Zook is useless against the KT and Panther, but it does excellent DPS to the PIV, Ost, and StuG III. You would see more Zooks if you saw more Axis mediums, unfortunately they do not exist for OKW and are non-viable for Ostheer.

And I think the last Panther nerf can tell you were the unit will end up if it's nerfed; the garbage bin.
24 Mar 2015, 18:48 PM

There is no such thing as MBT in WWII thats a post war construct. Axis has plenty of AT and have never ever and never will hurt in that department. After all the Pak40 is like a Jackson with Better Pen. Ost can make that in T2.

JP4 DPSwise is almost EXACTLY what a Pak40 is. It just has worse Pen. Its not like anything outside of an IS2 it really matters though.

And then there are Shreks...

OKW won many many games before they buffed the Panthers armor back to prenerf levels. I am sure they would survive....somehow...yknow like they did...

The Pak40 doesn't do 240 damage, the JPIV is the least mobile medium in the game, and the Panther nerf was before OKW was added as a faction.
24 Mar 2015, 18:49 PM

The Panther isn't over preforming, rather, it is literally the only turret non-doc Axis tank in the game that we see built anymore thanks to a lack of options.

Since you've resorted to repeating yourself, I'll do the same. Panther is insanely overperforming and not even in the same league as its supposed peers.

You're also blowing the entire Jackson vs Panzer IV out of proportion, both are sure pens and 3 shot kills against eachother, and the former has superior range while the latter has far better support, better veterancy and better general utility.
24 Mar 2015, 18:50 PM

Faust what do you suggest be done about the Panther if you hypothetically had your way with balance?
24 Mar 2015, 18:50 PM

If we are comparing with 240 to 160 it's 66%, but 160 to 240 it's 50% :)

Apparently you have learned a grand total of nothing from the math lesson I gave you.

When you compare 2 values, you need to make one of them the point of reference.
160 is 66% of 240
240 is 150% of 140, therefore 50% more.

Which makes your post which we can find here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/32484/real-talk-panther/post/304768
An utter bullshit from mathematical POV.

24 Mar 2015, 18:51 PM

The Pak40 doesn't do 240 damage, the JPIV is the least mobile medium in the game, and the Panther nerf was before OKW was added as a faction.

THE RED HERRING AGAIN! See DPS post. The Pak40 has MORE DPS then the Jackson PERIOD. It will kill armor FASTER THEN A JACKSON PERIOD.

If your talking about Alpha strikes thats all that the extra damage will get you. Less Rolls of the RNG dice. So it will either score a Pen and do great or Bounce and totally blow its DPS out the window because it has a SLOW RELOAD TO COMPENSATE FOR THE HIGH DAMAGE PER SHOT.

I think you are just being willfully ignorant here.
24 Mar 2015, 18:53 PM

Faust what do you suggest be done about the Panther if you hypothetically had your way with balance?

I would probably reduce its frontal armor, what was the value before the buff? I don't think I've been playing back then; I would like to try it out in my minimod and see if that knocks some sense into Panther.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 18:50 PMKatitof

Apparently you have learned a grand total of nothing from the math lesson I gave you.

160 is 66% of 240

Not in my thread please.

24 Mar 2015, 18:55 PM

I would lower its frontal armor and increase its DPS. Plain and simple. It is no longer LOL bullet proof and will require utilization of its range advantage over Other Mediums and Heavies. It would be rewarded with close to a TD level of damage output.

Making it weak against dedicated AT as it should be.
24 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 18:50 PMKatitof

160 is 66% of 240

That is literally what I just said.

And the ZiS gun DOES have a 50% or more chance to pen the Panthers.

200.0/190.0/180.0 = 62.5% chance/59.3% chance/ 56% chance

And considering the SU-85 has the exact same pen profile....

THE RED HERRING AGAIN! See DPS post. The Pak40 has MORE DPS then the Jackson PERIOD. It will kill armor FASTER THEN A JACKSON PERIOD.

If your talking about Alpha strikes thats all that the extra damage will get you. Less Rolls of the RNG dice. So it will either score a Pen and do great or Bounce and totally blow its DPS out the window because it has a SLOW RELOAD TO COMPENSATE FOR THE HIGH DAMAGE PER SHOT.

I think you are just being willfully ignorant here.

So? The Pak40, will kill armor faster. But it's not comparable to to the Jackson because one is an AT gun and the other is a highly mobile TD.

What is your point?
24 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Let's take the temp down a couple of degrees, please. :)

Remember: if we have to start to invis flame posts, those who quote the flame posts, lose their own posts too.

Back to topic
24 Mar 2015, 18:57 PM

I would lower its frontal armor and increase its DPS. Plain and simple. It is no longer LOL bullet proof and will require utilization of its range advantage over Other Mediums and Heavies. It would be rewarded with close to a TD level of damage output.

Making it weak against dedicated AT as it should be.

What AT is it not weak against? It's already weak to dedicated AT, what's OP is Blitz allowing it to moonwalk away.
24 Mar 2015, 18:57 PM

Panther have a very shitty DPS, and someone here tell me it is Ober of panzer, what would you expect and what I would expect instead of claiming this thread as bullshit and watch the show?
24 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 18:57 PMPorygon
Panther have a very shitty DPS, and someone here tell me it is Ober of panzer, what would you expect what I would expect instead of claiming this post as bullshit and watch the show?

It has the same damage as T-34/85, better minimum reload time and the same maximum reload time. You're uninformed and you're speaking... Well, all you say is anecdotal, so unless your next post contains level headed discussion, good will and less of this pathethic snark, you won't be getting an answer from me. Come with sound arguments, you're trying to start a flame war and nobody here is going to fall for it.
24 Mar 2015, 19:00 PM

If we are comparing with 240 to 160 it's 66%, but 160 to 240 it's 50% :)

Yeah 160 is 66% of 240, but since you were saying the Jackson does 66% more damage it doesn't really fit, but whatever, we know now what is meant.
24 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

Still trying to understand how I can use any of this in a 1v1 as USF....

Again if you arent chasing down and killing the Light tank that is the Jackson with the Panther every chance you get thats your mistake. For ultimate LOL include Obers to insta whipe any ATGs if the USF player went AB or Captain...since yknow they come in the same building.

Well, no one said it's easy in 1v1 in late-game as USF. That's true. Once Panther is on the field, Jacksons can do only one thing - keep it at distance. You can't rush with them to finish it, that's obvious.
If OKW loses Panther 8/10 cases it because misteake, not because of good USF counters.

All USF must do is to pray for good AT mine or somekind of misteake.

But like I said, it's not the problem with Panther. It's rather lack of late-game options for USF (Pershing :megusta: / Super Pershing :drool: )

And about the armor, it has to have better front armor than Tiger.
24 Mar 2015, 19:02 PM

What AT is it not weak against? It's already weak to dedicated AT, what's OP is Blitz allowing it to moonwalk away.

Show me something in the US Aresenal that has more than a 50% chance to Pen the Panther.

Show me something in the USF armor that HAS a 50% chance to bounce any Axis AT.

The Panther already has a high HP pool to absorb alot of damage. It effectivley has 1200 HPs against most AT in the game at Vet 0. 1440 Effective HPs at Vet 2 against 90% of all AT.

The Jackson has effective 480Hps and costs only 30 fuel less. It has greater DPS and not the 20 range it enjoys against Mediums but 10 against the Panther.

The Panther has much less DPS then the Jackson. If the armor were reduced and lowered the Effective HPs of the Panther while trading it off for more DPS the Panther would be just fine. It would also allow AT to vet as there is no Vet reward for constant bounced shots.

Another thing Axis need not worry about.
24 Mar 2015, 19:03 PM

I think the issue is that Allies need more AT options, and USF needs more diverse AT options.

Remember people: Buff not nerf. If the Panther needs to be looked at look at what counters it.

Why not buff Zooks and the USF AT gun? Up the pen but lower the DPS? How about giving USF a more reliable AT nade?
24 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM

It has the same damage as T-34/85, better minimum reload time and the same maximum reload time. You're uninformed and you're speaking... Well, all you say is anecdotal, so unless your next post contains level headed discussion, good will and less of this pathethic snark, you won't be getting an answer from me. Come with sound arguments, you're trying to start a flame war and nobody here is going to fall for it.

And T-34/85 can squad wipe, usually come with mark target, and no teching cost, I would take guard motor everyday instead of pathetic Panther.

Panther starts to be good after vet 2, totally a shit before.
24 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM

Show me something in the US Aresenal that has more than a 50% chance to Pen the Panther.

Show me something in the USF armor that HAS a 50% chance to bounce any Axis AT.

The Panther already has a high HP pool to absorb alot of damage. It effectivley has 1200 HPs against most AT in the game at Vet 0. 1440 Effective HPs at Vet 2 against 90% of all AT.

The Jackson has effective 480Hps and costs only 30 fuel less. It has greater DPS and not the 20 range it enjoys against Mediums but 10 against the Panther.

The Panther has much less DPS then the Jackson. If the armor were reduced and lowered the Effective HPs of the Panther while trading it off for more DPS the Panther would be just fine. It would also allow AT to vet as there is no Vet reward for constant bounced shots.

Another thing Axis need not worry about.

All this means is USF needs better AT other than the Jackson, not that the Panther needs to be nerfed.
24 Mar 2015, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 19:04 PMPorygon

And T-34 can squad wipe, usually come with mark target, and no teching cost, I would take guard motor everyday instead of pathetic Panther.

Panther starts to be good after vet 2, totally a shit before.

Mark Target is a pretty good but avoidable ability. And I would understand your preference (hey, nobody said T-34/85 wasn't great especially with Mark Target support and how early the call-in mechanic can bring it into the game), but isn't saying that Panther is shit a bit of an exaggeration? I mean the stats are out there; there is nothing subjective about how it isn't the best dedicated AT vehicle per cost in almost every way.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Russian Federation 3
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %