Login

russian armor

Command Panther

PAGES (7)down
24 Mar 2015, 10:46 AM

@Up
That would actually be REALLY unique and fresh.
24 Mar 2015, 10:51 AM

4. Flak OP? And by the way, US AA won't wipe full squad in 1 burst.
5. Puma OP? that's new.
6. Stuka OP? Currently it's the best mobile arty, that's all.
9. Panther OP?
10. King Tiger OP?

You didn't pay to much attention on this forum's threads, did you?

8. Someone still uses maxim spam?

Bring your mate and I'll show you together with mine what maxim spam can do on 2v2. People sometimes forget what "spam" means.

24 Mar 2015, 11:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 10:45 AMJohnnyB
I got a suggestion for you guys since Panther Commander is so strong. Replace it with Kubelwagen Commander. This way it won't cause problems anymore.

24 Mar 2015, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 10:51 AMJohnnyB

You didn't pay to much attention on this forum's threads, did you?

Bring your mate and I'll show you together with mine what maxim spam can do on 2v2. People sometimes forget what "spam" means.

In fact Im quite active but if 1 members says that X is OP while 9 others say it's not and point why, there is no need to stick to it, just move forward.

24 Mar 2015, 11:11 AM

Not a good picture. How it's supposed to turn it's turret? Look more carefully :p
24 Mar 2015, 11:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's OKW, so the rest of the world revolves around it
24 Mar 2015, 12:24 PM

I still don't understand this obsession with it's mark target ability which A. Can only be used by the C-Panther itself within it's range B. doesn't give sight and C. The C-Panthers reload means it can't 2 shot the Jackson quickly meaning that will normally only happen if the Jackson is charging like an idiot.

The Mark Target ability is best just how it is for Allies, put it on a heavy or large health tank to kill it quickly, putting it on a already fragile tank is a huge waste especially in team games when they will able to replace said fragile tank easier than a IS2 or ISU.
24 Mar 2015, 12:37 PM

I did not realize that this would cause so much rancor in the forums. I actually thought it might be an oversight that the CmP offered bonuses to allied players units and not just their own. I think Sturmmingbird is 100% right in pointing out the bonuses the CmP brings to the table just for itself justify the price increase, the added icing on the cake of mutliplying these bonuses out to every tank your team owns is too cost effective.

Please don't say OKW fuel starved, you can have a CmP for literally 0 tech costs if you wait for 10 cps. And furthermore my point is for team games where OKW is literally rolling in fuel and resource limitation is a much weaker punishment.
24 Mar 2015, 12:41 PM

I did not realize that this would cause so much rancor in the forums. I actually thought it might be an oversight that the CmP offered bonuses to allied players units and not just their own. I think Sturmmingbird is 100% right in pointing out the bonuses the CmP brings to the table just for itself justify the price increase, the added icing on the cake of mutliplying these bonuses out to every tank your team owns is too cost effective.

Please don't say OKW fuel starved, you can have a CmP for literally 0 tech costs if you wait for 10 cps. And furthermore my point is for team games where OKW is literally rolling in fuel and resource limitation is a much weaker punishment.

OKW isn't exactly an army that can afford to not tech. And making it more expensive is stupid when it's an issue with call in meta not the C-Panther itself.

And OKW is fuel starved, even with 3 caches at 24 fuel it takes 8 minutes of uninterrupted income to get a Command Panther assuming you don't spend it on anything else.

And you can only have 1; meaning that you can only support 1 armored column at a time.
24 Mar 2015, 12:51 PM

OKW isn't exactly an army that can afford to not tech. And making it more expensive is stupid when it's an issue with call in meta not the C-Panther itself.

And OKW is fuel starved, even with 3 caches at 24 fuel it takes 8 minutes of uninterrupted income to get a Command Panther assuming you don't spend it on anything else.

And you can only have 1; meaning that you can only support 1 armored column at a time.

Again what are you responding to? I did not say increase the cost of the CmP I was pointing out that for cost it is too good. I want to see the aura affect only your own units, which would bring the effect in line with the cost. I seriously must sound like a broken record.

It is almost like OKW was built to compensate for its low income, with things such as: (1) limited and few upgrade costs, (2) limited tech costs, (3) bonuses on tech buildings, (4) income boosting as a stock ability, (5) excellent scaling for every unit except Kubel, (6) ability to salvage any wrecks/guns.

OKW is actually the only army that can afford not to tech, because it is the only army with multiple stock units in its HQ, and some excellent call in units.

8 minutes of income, it is almost like the unit has value on the field. Course as OKW how would you spend your fuel, since you cannot buy medium tanks, and all of your vehicles are designed to be able to last all game?
24 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM

OKW is actually the only army that can afford not to tech, because it is the only army with multiple stock units in its HQ, and some excellent call in units.

The only army that can afford not to tech is the soviet faction.
24 Mar 2015, 13:29 PM
Patrion 14

It's OKW, so the rest of the world revolves around it
#REKT
24 Mar 2015, 13:55 PM

8 minutes of income, it is almost like the unit has value on the field. Course as OKW how would you spend your fuel, since you cannot buy medium tanks, and all of your vehicles are designed to be able to last all game?

Oh thats fucking lol.
24 Mar 2015, 14:03 PM

The only army that can afford not to tech is the soviet faction.

Sorry if I was unclear. Without tech the OKW still has the stock units it needs. I agree that Soviets do try to avoid teching, but if they chose to do so they are going to be very lite on AT options. Gaurds are no Shrek'd volks.

I think you are confusing, you should play without trying to tech, and you do not have to tech.

Regardless my larger point still stands, OKW has many tools in the belt to help avoid the resource limitation problem.
24 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM

Please show me one game where you can actually win just with Volks, Pios & raketenwerfer (no truck deployed) into Command Panther and win the game.
24 Mar 2015, 14:07 PM
Patrion 14

great point.

self spotting... an ability that is considered so invaluable that it was nerfed on focus sight for su85/isu/ele. and tracking for su85/su76/zis. and take aim(?) on 57mm.

of course, command panther bend the rule under the banner of "command" on top of the bonuses it already brings.
24 Mar 2015, 14:07 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 13:55 PMJaigen

Oh thats fucking lol.

keep laughing

med truck with shreks and JP counter ever usf vehicle
24 Mar 2015, 14:53 PM

Again what are you responding to? I did not say increase the cost of the CmP I was pointing out that for cost it is too good. I want to see the aura affect only your own units, which would bring the effect in line with the cost. I seriously must sound like a broken record.

It is almost like OKW was built to compensate for its low income, with things such as: (1) limited and few upgrade costs, (2) limited tech costs, (3) bonuses on tech buildings, (4) income boosting as a stock ability, (5) excellent scaling for every unit except Kubel, (6) ability to salvage any wrecks/guns.

Saying it's to good for it's cost is the same way as asking for a cost increase, which would at least be better than making it only affect your own units.

Again; as others have pointed out in order to be consistent this would require FHQ to not affect allies, the CPIV to not affect allies, the ambulance to not affect allies, ect.

The factions have units in them that work well when paired with the other faction, this is by design and is not unintentional. The C-Panther is a large investment at 200 fuel which means that you won't be facing a Jadgtiger, regular Panther, or a King Tiger for a long time, it's appropriately CP timed and costs 25 more fuel than the regular Panther already.

And OKW call units are either A. Utility infantry or B. extreme late game tanks; the only faction in the game that can avoid teching to it's last tier is Soviets thanks to the way the faction is designed around call ins.

Regardless my larger point still stands, OKW has many tools in the belt to help avoid the resource limitation problem.

Try playing OKW with only T0 units and see how far you get. You need Mechanized HQ to deal with Soviets/USF early game, and you need Obers and P2/Sturmtiger to deal with blobs mid game. The Panther is necessary to bridge the gap to late game.
24 Mar 2015, 14:54 PM

Please show me one game where you can actually win just with Volks, Pios & raketenwerfer (no truck deployed) into Command Panther and win the game.

Umm..... watch Lenny :blush:
24 Mar 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 14:54 PMKatitof

Umm..... watch Lenny :blush:

Possible for 1 player =/= able to be pulled off with regularity. With 0 trucks deployed you will be hurting for CP's and have no shreks.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS