Login

russian armor

Command Panther

PAGES (7)down
23 Mar 2015, 18:30 PM

This unit appears to be too effective in team games for its cost. As a force multiplier it significantly increases the threat posed by all tanks and vehicles around it (and ultimately infantry). In smaller 1v1 maps, where purchase of a CmdP limits production of other units the bonuses seem fine, but in larger games this unit is ridiculously potent. For example:

A vet 2 or higher AC with spotting scope can see almost 80% of medium sized maps without shot blockers just from this unit.

Panthers with blitz and a CmdP around are so fast that allied tanks cannot even attempt to keep up. Making hit and run tank play infuriating because the Allies cannot prevent a Panther from penetrating deep into their lines.

At vet 5, if it gets there, the CmdP effectively wins games just by being around. Infantry bonuses on grens or MG's is amazingly powerful. (Before saying don't let it get vet 5 I would like to point out that a binomial situation in which the question: Does he have a CmdP at vet 5 -> I lose, if not -> I can still win, is extremely poor game design).

I would make this unit only apply to the player's units who controls it. I would argue this should also be true for all Command units. Buffs/costs should only apply to the owner. I cannot prevent my ally from using a Sturm officer, why should I share in his risk?
23 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM

The Command Panther's vet bonus's are mostly Aura based meaning it doesn't scale as well as the regular Panther while costing more.
23 Mar 2015, 18:43 PM

I don't find it as OP but all officers should give a buff to units around for the cost of power.
Perfect example is Command PzIV. It gives bonuses but it's less useful than normal PzIV. Ary officer gives some "buffs" :foreveralone: yet it's useless in fight.

This rule does not apply to OKW. Terror officer, buffs and very good at max range.
Command Panther - Panther on steroids.
Command King Tiger is coming as well.

If you want to buff units it should come alone with decision if I want fightning unit or buff unit, not both.

For example, why Terror officer gives buff and it's useful during battle while commisar has no use with his dps?

But that's just my opinion about officer units.
Buffs or combat, not both.

But like I said, I don't fing Command Panther OP.

23 Mar 2015, 18:45 PM

This rule does not apply to OKW. Terror officer, buffs and very good at max range.
Command Panther - Panther on steroids.

Uhhh the Command Panther is literally the exact same as the Regular Panther but with different vet bonus's.

The Terror Officer also can cause your infantry to get instantly retreated, which is why only idiots use it.
23 Mar 2015, 18:55 PM

Only thing about command panther is it have CHEAPER and BETTER mark target then soviet mark target, so you get panther with aura AND mark target for the cost of 1 ability slot.

#relicbalance
23 Mar 2015, 19:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Well relic is nerfing okw into oblivion probably, might as well nerf this just because. I mean nerfing a unit thats OP in 4v4s but fine in everything else is ok as long as its axis. But not for things like FHQ in 4v4, or b4s on semoisky if you don't have stuka dive bomb.

Here are the bonuses given by the command panther:
Command Panther Aura:

0. +20 sight range +10% speed +10% ac/de-celeration
1. -
2. +20% accuracy
3. -20% reload
4. +5 range
5. Infantry now affected too

Wanna nerf it so badly? Lower the cost from 200 down to original panther then.
23 Mar 2015, 19:09 PM

The Command Panther's vet bonus's are mostly Aura based meaning it doesn't scale as well as the regular Panther while costing more.

Nonsense!

It continues to be a panther, a good tank to begin with, which importanly spots for itself, a massive boon in the tank combat department when you out range most opponents.

As it vets up (which is slow), other armour can be arriving, which it will then start to give delicious buffs to, meaning your army scales better even if the command panther does not get much more punchy on its own.

In 2v2 and above the effect of it buffing allies is just downright fantastic.

And then at vet 5 it's a map wide super buff to all your infantry and support weapons, too, which is pretty much GG
23 Mar 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:55 PMKatitof
Only thing about command panther is it have CHEAPER and BETTER mark target then soviet mark target, so you get panther with aura AND mark target for the cost of 1 ability slot.

#relicbalance

Other than the fact it only increases accuracy against the tank, and nothing else? They are nothing alike.

lol
23 Mar 2015, 19:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

At vet 5, if it gets there, the CmdP effectively wins games just by being around. Infantry bonuses on grens or MG's is amazingly powerful. (Before saying don't let it get vet 5 I would like to point out that a binomial situation in which the question: Does he have a CmdP at vet 5 -> I lose, if not -> I can still win, is extremely poor game design).

It's more likely to be:

?vV:Does he have a Vet 5 Panther

!YesvV

?vV:Then you have lost because of all the pudding you lost vetting his Panther to Level 5

I mean I play in 4v4 torlolo scrub land tank fest and I've never seen a Vet 5 Panther ever. Pumas, more than a couple; Stukas, Yes. Panthers? Never
23 Mar 2015, 19:33 PM

It's more likely to be:

!YesvV

?vV:Then you have lost because of all the pudding you lost vetting his Panther to Level 5

I mean I play in 4v4 torlolo scrub land tank fest and I've never seen a Vet 5 Panther ever. Pumas, more than a couple; Stukas, Yes. Panthers? Never

That's weid Voorty since I had few times vet 5 Panther during our scrub 4v4 :D
23 Mar 2015, 19:42 PM

23 Mar 2015, 19:43 PM

Well relic is nerfing okw into oblivion probably, might as well nerf this just because. I mean nerfing a unit thats OP in 4v4s but fine in everything else is ok as long as its axis. But not for things like FHQ in 4v4, or b4s on semoisky if you don't have stuka dive bomb.

Here are the bonuses given by the command panther:
Command Panther Aura:

0. +20 sight range +10% speed +10% ac/de-celeration
1. -
2. +20% accuracy
3. -20% reload
4. +5 range
5. Infantry now affected too

Wanna nerf it so badly? Lower the cost from 200 down to original panther then.

If by nerfs you mean that the CmdP should only buff your own units to godlike status, then yes a nerf. If by allowing you to not increase the cost efficiency of every German heavy tank in the game just by existing, then I don't understand how this changes the 1v1 scene.
23 Mar 2015, 19:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'll take your word for it.

It's just sounds like the sort of thing I'd remember

Still doesn't explain how people in 1v1 are supposed get them
23 Mar 2015, 19:46 PM

It's more likely to be:

!YesvV

I already addressed this directly in the post, but if someone gets a vet 5 CmdP you are basically saying they should automatically win. Why not just unlock a button on the command bar that allows them to do so then?

Just because they are rare does not mean they should outright win the game just because you got it.

You don't see vet 5 because Allied teams cannot hang in long enough to beat CmdP in long games, not because it is hard to get. Vet 5 on CmdP is doable, you just need a long game. And let me tell you at vet 5 it is just fun to use it since you can send in a lone Gren squad and it can single handily take on multiple infantry units. If you have another tank (especially if it too has vet) good luck to your opponent.
23 Mar 2015, 20:02 PM

Other than the fact it only increases accuracy against the tank, and nothing else? They are nothing alike.

lol

receieved_damage_modifier
value: 1.5

"Vehicle receives more damage from attacking forces" -It was great at taking out a pesky IS-2 call-in meta player my OKW game earlier today.

Mark Target Value is 1.35

Mark Target 80 muni 60 seconds duration.

Coordinated Fire 35 muni 25~ seconds duration.
23 Mar 2015, 20:08 PM

lol

Once again you proved you have no idea about game mechanic yet still you think you have.
23 Mar 2015, 20:18 PM

Permanently Banned
yes its OP

especially in 1v1's and 2v2

Allies reward for destroying t4 is u have to fight a command panther
23 Mar 2015, 20:55 PM

receieved_damage_modifier
value: 1.5

"Vehicle receives more damage from attacking forces" -It was great at taking out a pesky IS-2 call-in meta player my OKW game earlier today.

Mark Target Value is 1.35

*Both same price and duration length*

"lol"

Once again you proved you have no idea about game mechanic yet still you think you have.

The Command Panther mark target is only usable by targets within it's range and doesn't provide sight like the Soviet mark target. The Soviet one is a global ability that you can use anywhere if any of your units see a tank.

The Command Panther also is limited to one, which is also pretty significant as well.

It would be nice if the exact values of ability's were listed somewhere like unit stats were :foreveralone: because the ability only describes the marked target taking increased fire.

Nonsense!

It continues to be a panther, a good tank to begin with, which importanly spots for itself, a massive boon in the tank combat department when you out range most opponents.

As it vets up (which is slow), other armour can be arriving, which it will then start to give delicious buffs to, meaning your army scales better even if the command panther does not get much more punchy on its own.

In 2v2 and above the effect of it buffing allies is just downright fantastic.

And then at vet 5 it's a map wide super buff to all your infantry and support weapons, too, which is pretty much GG

The point remains that it doesn't scale as well, it's Vet bonus's focus on making the units around it better not the unit itself. The Command Panther also comes in later than the regular one does so it has less time to get better.

Yes it's still a Panther, but a regular Panther is not some uncounterable god, it's just a Tank Hunter with 800 health.
23 Mar 2015, 21:33 PM

The point remains that it doesn't scale as well, it's Vet bonus's focus on making the units around it better not the unit itself. The Command Panther also comes in later than the regular one does so it has less time to get better.

Yes it's still a Panther, but a regular Panther is not some uncounterable god, it's just a Tank Hunter with 800 health.

Your 800mp/200fu does not scale as well individually, but instead as it vets up your whole army of 3000MP/600fu+ is going to scale faster instead.

There are no scaling problems with the command panther.

It's a regular panther that spots for itself which is still huge, too.
23 Mar 2015, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:55 PMKatitof
#relicbalance

The mark target of the command panther is much shorter than the soviet one. I don't know the exact numbers, but mark vehicle of the command panther last about for 3 shots.

Also people seem to forget that it costs fucking 560 mp & 200 fuel, for the fuel starved okw. So it should be a really good unit. Don't forget it is also what crowns the whole doctrine. Again another attempt to "balance" units out of the game.

Personally I only had 2 times a command panther at vet 5, so trying to say how op it is at vet 5 is pretty ridiculous, because you hardly ever face one.
Also from my experience, when the panther reaches vet 5 than usually because your opponents brainlessly rush IS2s with the rear armour into the combat.

#edit

it lasts 20 seconds, mark vehicle sov (60 seconds).

Activated at 42:38 deactivated at 42:58
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight