Login

russian armor

Paratrooper Thompson

25 Mar 2015, 10:18 AM

They dont pick it that often because LMG's are the better option 70% of the time, because of map design. But both options are very viable and i wouldnt change it at all.

That is a valid opinion and the thread is to find the consensus. So far people seem to agree with you.
25 Mar 2015, 15:39 PM
Donator 33

Trying to imagine a real life scenario, would you take 4 thompsons or 2 Light machineguns, i think most people would take the lmg's...so no wonder LMG blobs are popular
25 Mar 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 15:39 PMATCF
Trying to imagine a real life scenario, would you take 4 thompsons or 2 Light machineguns, i think most people would take the lmg's...so no wonder LMG blobs are popular

I'd say that decision would be purely based on environment you fight in or if you're the one assaulting or entrenching.

But for CoH2 maps, its LMGs all the way, all day.
25 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 09:32 AMKatitof

Most do, but then there are LMGs obliterating everything.
USF LMG at least is more expensive and weaker then gren LMG, not to mention locked behind a doc.
There is little cover or los/shot blockers to use in later game to close up, so only shocks remain relevant while LMG squads are at their uncontested prime.
All LMGs(except DPs, they always sucked and probably will suck) still overperform in relation to every single upgrade and still everyone goes for LMGs when given a chance. 25% dps reduction across all ranges would go a long way.

That is kind of my point. Thompson has a glaring weakness. LMGs do not. Thompson done RIGHT. LMG done WRONG.
25 Mar 2015, 18:03 PM

4 Thompson is fine 2 m1 carbine petty good in close range
Tactical assault is gamble skill with +%50 ACC and +%50 Rec acc and -2 speed (data form mod tool)
problem is chance to use when fight unit with lmg and BA rifle unit in close encounter
or counter assault unit changing Panzer Gren or Assault Gren or Strumpio (rarity use)
and vet bouns paratrooper got -29% rec.acc in vet 3 and + %acc in vet 2 (other unit got in vet 2 and + acc at vet 3
i hope next week relic respond about this too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS