Login

russian armor

Five man grenadier squads are exactly what Ostheer need.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
18 Mar 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 09:04 AMKatitof

You've spelled OKW wrong.

Soviets have the highest win streak out of any faction in the game in 1v1.
18 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

How did you figure that one out? The leaderboards show USF for that.
18 Mar 2015, 17:03 PM

How did you figure that one out? The leaderboards show USF for that.

The ladder boards beyond the top 10 still have fairly good winstreaks going on while USF drops off more.

The ratio's are lesser because Soviets still count all games played before WFA.
18 Mar 2015, 17:45 PM
Benefactor 115

yeah, during the alpha test of the mod tools numerous bugs were fixed as well as some tweaks for quality of life (formations for example) just using their own mod tools.

These suggestions were totally ignored by Relic because of their hubris.
18 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM

And tomorrow it will be OKW.
And day after that Ost.

We've been there, done that lolcake wanabe.
Jesulin or Barton will loose a single game, loose the winstreak and suddenly become scrub or the faction got underpowered from game to game?

Win streaks are as reliable sources of any data as Spongebob is on life in the ocean.
18 Mar 2015, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 18:41 PMKatitof

And tomorrow it will be OKW.
And day after that Ost.

We've been there, done that lolcake wanabe.
Jesulin or Barton will loose a single game, loose the winstreak and suddenly become scrub or the faction got underpowered from game to game?

Win streaks are as reliable sources of any data as Spongebob is on life in the ocean.

The point is that no faction is objectively the absolute best at everything, each has it's own strengths.

Soviets just have the most options right now due to the call in meta to deal with anything. WFA armies are amazing at what they are good at and utter shit at what they aren't.
18 Mar 2015, 19:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The point is that no faction is objectively the absolute best at everything, each has it's own strengths.

The problem arrives when a faction has more strenghts than others. Theres also a problem when there is a huge gap between skill needed + performance and when the skill floor to use a faction is so high in comparison to another which is so slow.
18 Mar 2015, 19:35 PM

The problem arrives when a faction has more strenghts than others. Theres also a problem when there is a huge gap between skill needed + performance and when the skill floor to use a faction is so high in comparison to another which is so slow.

Hence my comment that the WFA ones are really good at what they do and really shit at what they don't. It's piss easy for a OKW/USF player to blob up a large amount of infantry and sweep the map wiping everything out, but that won't work versus an intelligent player at all.

Maxim spam can ruin OKW, heavies mess up USF, ect.

At high skill levels every faction is fairly hard to play, Ostheer maybe being a bit more.
18 Mar 2015, 19:35 PM

Certain factions should obviously be more easier to get into, but that means dealing in buff units not nerfing them.
18 Mar 2015, 22:31 PM

Permanently Banned

Hence my comment that the WFA ones are really good at what they do and really shit at what they don't. It's piss easy for a OKW/USF player to blob up a large amount of infantry and sweep the map wiping everything out, but that won't work versus an intelligent player at all.

Maxim spam can ruin OKW, heavies mess up USF, ect.

At high skill levels every faction is fairly hard to play, Ostheer maybe being a bit more.

Well said

OKW/USF do have an easier time affording large groups of infantry compared to the base factions. These are tech up based problems.
18 Mar 2015, 23:01 PM

Well said

OKW/USF do have an easier time affording large groups of infantry compared to the base factions. These are tech up based problems.

so am I the only guy who feels at the very all faction should operate under the basic tech structure of an HQ with 4 more buildings the first 2 being sidegrades with 3 and 4 giving a clear and measurable power creep? I always found it strange how WFA faction only have HQ+3 compared to vanilla HQ+4
18 Mar 2015, 23:09 PM

so am I the only guy who feels at the very all faction should operate under the basic tech structure of an HQ with 4 more buildings the first 2 being sidegrades with 3 and 4 giving a clear and measurable power creep? I always found it strange how WFA faction only have HQ+3 compared to vanilla HQ+4

Not every faction should be the same, honestly Soviets and Ostheer need to be brought up to par with OKW and USF teching, USF and OKW don't need to get nerfed down to Vanilla levels.

The issue here is Soviets by design use call in meta, so they aren't nearly as effected by the insane teching costs as Ostheer is. Not to mention the fact Soviets tech is non-linear allowing them to skip paying for things.

Ostheer needs a fix in it's teching, Soviets just need to have their stock units buffed and then everyone is happy. I wouldn't mind extra bonus's being added to Vanilla tier buildings.

Say for instance T1 as Ost gave you a extra pioneer squad, and T2 gave you a free Officer. Soviet's being the same way, T1 gives you a engineer squad and T2 gives you a free Officer.
18 Mar 2015, 23:21 PM

Not every faction should be the same, honestly Soviets and Ostheer need to be brought up to par with OKW and USF teching, USF and OKW don't need to get nerfed down to Vanilla levels.

The issue here is Soviets by design use call in meta, so they aren't nearly as effected by the insane teching costs as Ostheer is. Not to mention the fact Soviets tech is non-linear allowing them to skip paying for things.

Ostheer needs a fix in it's teching, Soviets just need to have their stock units buffed and then everyone is happy. I wouldn't mind extra bonus's being added to Vanilla tier buildings.

Say for instance T1 as Ost gave you a extra pioneer squad, and T2 gave you a free Officer. Soviet's being the same way, T1 gives you a engineer squad and T2 gives you a free Officer.

I never exactly meant every faction has to be a 100% mirror, but teching IMO needs less asymmetry(as in OBK and USF can keep the trucks and officers they would just have an extra officer or truck structure) how can realistically buff the soviets last 2 structures to be a match for OST or OBK late game when they're sidegrades instead of one being a straight increase of power?

How can we realistically buff USF late game to compete with axis when they have no other tech beyond Major which is very much T3 plus the jackson which is basically a T4 unit in T3 and we all know the problems that is causing with OST T3. On that subject I fail to see how a penetration buff coupled with a dmg decrease will make the jackson any less dominate against OST T3 while I guess it would make it more viable against heavies though......
18 Mar 2015, 23:26 PM

How can we realistically buff USF late game to compete with axis when they have no other tech beyond Major which is very much T3 plus the jackson which is basically a T4 unit in T3 and we all know the problems that is causing with OST T3. On that subject I fail to see how a penetration buff coupled with a dmg decrease will make the jackson any less dominate against OST T3 while I guess it would make it more viable against heavies though......
The jackson has around the same value of a SU-85 or jagdpanzer. It's a T3 level unit. It's turret and high alpha are misleading, but it's low health is a significant weakness.

A panther for example is a much better tank killer.
18 Mar 2015, 23:34 PM

I never exactly meant every faction has to be a 100% mirror, but teching IMO needs less asymmetry(as in OBK and USF can keep the trucks and officers they would just have an extra officer or truck structure) how can realistically buff the soviets last 2 structures to be a match for OST or OBK late game when they're sidegrades instead of one being a straight increase of power?

The issue is that USF par off against each other pretty well until the KT comes out, but the KT is such a powerful and expensive unit that it's justified in being so good. The only issue USF has versus OKW is the fact that Shreks an issue, but you always will have better infantry then him for cost unless he spams Obers, and if he does he's an idiot who will lose.

Commanders are were things get tricky, because they are supposed to allow you to take units that are better than tech ones, the issue is that most USF commanders don't focus on call in's they just focus on abilities.

If USF had more call ins they would be in a better spot late game, because were they are now is just kinda eh.

The Soviet structures can get a buff, you can make the SU-76 not garbage, make the meatgrinder better at AI or AA, give the T34 a little more late game staying power with upgrades and perhaps increase the armor on the SU-85 some.

The Jackson just needs a damage decrease but a ROF increase coupled with a minor pen increase, that way it gets better pen but lesser Alpha damage. So if you hang around to long a Jackson will kill you due to it's mobility and DPS, as apposed to the current one that just smashes stuff the minute it pops into view.

The jackson has around the same value of a SU-85 or jagdpanzer. It's a T3 level unit.

Those aren't really comparable, since the SU-85 is less mobile and the Jadgpanzer is the least mobile medium tank in the game. The Jacksons strength is it's very high mobility for being a TD, that coupled with damage makes it stupid good against Ostheer T3.

EDIT: The Panther is a better tank hunter, but at it's high cost it can't be massed in numbers like the Jackson can, more than 1 Jackson lets you stack the amount of Alpha you can do very high, while the Panther only has 160 damage.
18 Mar 2015, 23:47 PM

Those aren't really comparable, since the SU-85 is less mobile and the Jadgpanzer is the least mobile medium tank in the game. The Jacksons strength is it's very high mobility for being a TD, that coupled with damage makes it stupid good against Ostheer T3.

EDIT: The Panther is a better tank hunter, but at it's high cost it can't be massed in numbers like the Jackson can, more than 1 Jackson lets you stack the amount of Alpha you can do very high, while the Panther only has 160 damage.
I'm not saying it's not powerful against ostheer, just that it is still a T3 level unit in terms of unit value. While it is obviously better at things then the other TDs, debatably more important things, it isn't a T4 unit in terms of value. As in it isn't on the same level of power as panthers, brumbars, or KT.

For example, T34-85 and sherman 76 are actually better then their T3 counterparts. On the other hand a Jackson will will actually lose in a head-on fight against a jagdpanzer or su-85, other T3 level units.

Ostheer's weakness to it has much more to do with not having a proper TD themselves to fight it. I know can be hard to kill good player's jacksons with infantry AT.
19 Mar 2015, 00:22 AM

I'm not saying it's not powerful against ostheer, just that it is still a T3 level unit in terms of unit value. While it is obviously better at things then the other TDs, debatably more important things, it isn't a T4 unit in terms of value. As in it isn't on the same level of power as panthers, brumbars, or KT.

For example, T34-85 and sherman 76 are actually better then their T3 counterparts. On the other hand a Jackson will will actually lose in a head-on fight against a jagdpanzer or su-85, other T3 level units.

Ostheer's weakness to it has much more to do with not having a proper TD themselves to fight it. I know can be hard to kill good player's jacksons with infantry AT.

The Jacksons biggest issue is it's damage, not it's fragility/mobility. 2 Jacksons can do 480 damage which is a fuckload against a medium rank, it's almost half the health of a Tiger.

It's obviously not on par with the Panther for 1 to 1 tank battles, but as far as dealing with enemy armor goes well microed jacksons can do a lot more damage quicker than a single Panther. If I was facing an enemy tank horde I would much rather have 2 Jacksons than a Panther.

Ostheer T4 right now is kinda of a Joke, party due to the Bumbarr being a very hit or miss unit and the panzerwerfer being unable to hit the broad side of the barn. You could easily buff the Sturmpanzer and Werfer without fucking over USF.

Alternatively it would be nice to the StuG III made a real TD with 60 range and good frontal armor, and maybe have the Werf moved to t3 to help deal with USF infantry blobs which are also a big problem for Ost.
19 Mar 2015, 00:51 AM

Fair enough maybe your right. perhaps if the stug III gets reworked into a TD with 60 range OST T3 might become more viable against USF.
19 Mar 2015, 10:30 AM

Fair enough maybe your right. perhaps if the stug III gets reworked into a TD with 60 range OST T3 might become more viable against USF.

Except, it won't happen because it would be greatly imbalanced against soviet tech.
All other 80fu TDs have a range of 50 and not really impressive penetration.
StuG and Ost puma already have a lead here because of TWP.
Wolverine would had any potential if only abilities that actually make it useful weren't locked behind vet, allowing it to actually become 'cheap' flanker and playstyle alternative to long range Jackson.
And seeing how StuG was reworked from being TD into being general use assault gun, I don't see it ever becoming proper TD.
As I've said in another thread, not all armies are supposed to have everything.
19 Mar 2015, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 10:30 AMKatitof

Except, it won't happen because it would be greatly imbalanced against soviet tech.
All other 80fu TDs have a range of 50 and not really impressive penetration.
StuG and Ost puma already have a lead here because of TWP.
Wolverine would had any potential if only abilities that actually make it useful weren't locked behind vet, allowing it to actually become 'cheap' flanker and playstyle alternative to long range Jackson.
And seeing how StuG was reworked from being TD into being general use assault gun, I don't see it ever becoming proper TD.
As I've said in another thread, not all armies are supposed to have everything.

But the StuG is garbage as an assault gun, so what exactly is the point of making it when it's a more shit PIV with no turret, less armor, less health, and less mobility?

The StuG either needs A. Far more armor or health and a price increase, or B. 60 range and better pen.

The StuG wasn't originally 80 fuel btw.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 102
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %