Login

russian armor

Ostruppen Doctrine in 2v2s

6 Mar 2015, 14:54 PM

It is not unsupported, just the OberGren blobs and Pak40 got vaporised by my skillscotts. :foreveralone:

Well then, that doesn't make Tiger I a joke does it? I mean I can (and probably you can too) think of many instances where a Tiger I wasn't really vaporized as much as it was just forced to retreat.
6 Mar 2015, 15:14 PM

Well then, that doesn't make Tiger I a joke does it? I mean I can (and probably you can too) think of many instances where a Tiger I wasn't really vaporized as much as it was just forced to retreat.

Retreated back to hell, you mean? :guyokay:

I didn't even flank it, skillmarkedtarget + Jacksons damage burst are way too OP. I didn't even click the P47 skillplane. :foreveralone:
6 Mar 2015, 15:15 PM

Then you must be lucky to penetrate Tiger with every shot.

And why are you saying that you did not even flank it since one day you said that Jackson is not made to flank?
6 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM

And why are you saying that you did not even flank it since one day you said that Jackson is not made to flank?

It still apply my theory of fragile and slow Jacksons are not made for flanking, anything wrong? :)
6 Mar 2015, 15:22 PM

Well, how much do you think it should take to kill a Tiger I if not that massive combination that still fails quite often?
6 Mar 2015, 15:22 PM

It still apply my theory of fragile and slow Jacksons are not made for flanking, anything wrong? :)

Well, by saying you did not need to flank, someone can think that usualy you need to flank but this time it was not necessary.
It's just logical point of view :)
6 Mar 2015, 16:00 PM

Well, how much do you think it should take to kill a Tiger I if not that massive combination that still fails quite often?

It is not related to resource invested, it is the problem of the action applied.

Tiger I as a late game spearhead unit, possibly the best unit from Ostheer arsenal, got A moved with a skillplane click, and disappeared in 3 seconds. Nothing wrong?

US in the vCOH is designed to do this for Tiger hunting, instead of A move with a click.

That's the example of why COH2 is so casual friendly and stupid. :guyokay:
6 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

That's the example of why COH2 is so casual friendly and stupid. :guyokay:

really? most of the ppl i got to try it were scared away by how much time you need to invest to be a decent player.

on topic: osttruppen are fun and non-meta-ish so yeah. i do love them too
6 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

Anyway, back to pr0trruppen, part of the reason why pr0trruppen considered to be good, because Grens are relatively suck, in this squad spacing, and so called "good at long range" only.
6 Mar 2015, 16:13 PM

Whom do Grenadiers suck in comparison to? It's not Conscripts, it's not Rifles that have far worse vet 3 and get eaten by Vet 3 LMG42 Grens unless they have LMGs?
6 Mar 2015, 17:14 PM

Whom do Grenadiers suck in comparison to? It's not Conscripts, it's not Rifles that have far worse vet 3 and get eaten by Vet 3 LMG42 Grens unless they have LMGs?

Think of it this way.

Currently Ostheer is still relatively strong Late game. That is if you can make it to the late game. Ostheer is still very weak in the beginning and scale really good with their vet. None of that matters if you lose early on though.
6 Mar 2015, 17:24 PM

Permanently Banned

And why? Ostheer is more than capable. Don't touch Ostheer. Nerf OKW. Then the game becomes balanced for team games.

222 UP, FHT useless, MG42 slightly UP, sniper is only for lols, panzer4 only useful vs t34/76s, anything else requires vet 2. Brummbar crap for cost and is overpriced. Panzerwerfer is worse than the katyusha and was overnerfed. G43 upgrade worse than lmg42s, or the benefits aren't apparent enough. teching prices are too expensive.

The tiger, stug e, and lmg 42 grens are the only reliable/worth the cost, good units in the entire faction. Everything else is UP or just meh/ok.

Ostheer is the worst faction in the game, thats why they suffer the most from one shots and get hit with it the most frequently, USA is easy as hell to use against them and soviets are slightly better, but not enough to make it a huge deal. But if squad wiping units are abused you have a huge advantage.

Balanced my ass. You just can't see beyond the "OPKW OP plz nerf" hype train to realize that this faction is clearly lacking.
6 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM

Think of it this way.

Currently Ostheer is still relatively strong Late game. That is if you can make it to the late game. Ostheer is still very weak in the beginning and scale really good with their vet. None of that matters if you lose early on though.

For 2v2, Ostheer has no problems surviving the very small early game window where USF has any bit of advantage, assuming similarly skilled teams.
6 Mar 2015, 17:26 PM

222 UP, FHT useless, MG42 slightly UP, sniper is only for lols, panzer4 only useful vs t34/76s, anything else requires vet 2. Brummbar crap for cost and is overpriced. Panzerwerfer is worse than the katyusha and was overnerfed. G43 upgrade worse than lmg42s, or the benefits aren't apparent enough. teching prices are too expensive.

The tiger, stug e, and lmg 42 grens are the only reliable/worth the cost, good units in the entire faction. Everything else is UP or just meh/ok.

Teching prices only feel expensive because Soviets have no reason to backtech. Soviets don't pay less otherwise.

Halftrack is fine, 222 and Sniper are indeed UP. Buff them, no need to buff anything else.

G43 has the crit snipe does it not?
6 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Teching prices only feel expensive because Soviets have no reason to backtech. Soviets don't pay less otherwise.

Halftrack is fine, 222 and Sniper are indeed UP. Buff them, no need to buff anything else.

G43 has the crit snipe does it not?

Have you not seen the fuel comparison threads recently? Ostheer is paying the most, this is why the meta is solely to rely on tigers. You mean the FHT? The one nobody has used since it was nerfed into the ground several patches ago??? The g43 upgrade has no crit, it just has moving accuracy and close range dps over the lmg42. You'll still lose to riflemen so its pointless.
6 Mar 2015, 17:47 PM

Have you not seen the fuel comparison threads recently? Ostheer is paying the most, this is why the meta is solely to rely on tigers. You mean the FHT? The one nobody has used since it was nerfed into the ground several patches ago??? The g43 upgrade has no crit, it just has moving accuracy and close range dps over the lmg42. You'll still lose to riflemen so its pointless.

Flame Halftrack in my experience is a bit situational; you can't make it work with heavy AT around but it does critical hits very often on low health infantry. Like how the Soviet halftrack doesn't kill all that well but deals suppression, acting as a force multiplier to your infantry. It shouldn't require extra teching though.
6 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Flame Halftrack in my experience is a bit situational; you can't make it work with heavy AT around but it does critical hits very often on low health infantry. Like how the Soviet halftrack doesn't kill all that well but deals suppression, acting as a force multiplier to your infantry. It shouldn't require extra teching though.

Thats the whole point its decent at ai but is easily countered by light vehicles, but its already expensive upgrade is locked behind tier 3 and will only arrive when tanks come out. I much rather prefer the m5 meat chopper. That thing is great, unlike the FHT its impervious to bullets basically, has longer range and can deal 360 degree moving suppression. Its not that high but its still there. The FHT already has plenty of counters yet its still locked away into uselessness.
6 Mar 2015, 18:08 PM

The Jackson isn't meant to flank, it's meant to be highly mobile AT support for your infantry. The reason it has high damage is because it has a low chance to penetrate, hope this helps.
6 Mar 2015, 18:15 PM

Thats the whole point its decent at ai but is easily countered by light vehicles, but its already expensive upgrade is locked behind tier 3 and will only arrive when tanks come out. I much rather prefer the m5 meat chopper. That thing is great, unlike the FHT its impervious to bullets basically, has longer range and can deal 360 degree moving suppression. Its not that high but its still there. The FHT already has plenty of counters yet its still locked away into uselessness.

Yes, it is countered easily by light vehicles, like other light skinned targets such as Grenadiers are, and it is how the game is. Don't forget that the halftrack improves Pak40's mobility quite a bit even if indirectly.

What Allied unit can kill the halftrack with bullets? I wonder because MG34/42 with their API bullets can shred the M5 almost instantly. Compare that with the Dshk and M2 .50 cal machine guns, which are pretty worthless against light vehicles.

Have you also tried using it to burn buildings down in urban maps? It does the job quite a bit faster.

Also consider this. With its mobility, its crit abuse potential is far higher than two squads of Pioneers. It is useful for reinforcements and Riegel Mine if that is your thing, and it trades the relative durability of 2 Pioneer squads for more firepower, better crit potential, better range, and a more mobile chassis. It is quite a bargain at 120 munitions in theory. In practice, it is too easy to lose, which is the main reason behind most light vehicles not seeing much use, and also the main reason automatch search is almost always inclined towards Axis.
6 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM

Permanently Banned

Have you also tried using it to burn buildings down in urban maps? It does the job quite a bit faster.

Also consider this. With its mobility, its crit abuse potential is far higher than two squads of Pioneers. It is useful for reinforcements and Riegel Mine if that is your thing, and it trades the relative durability of 2 Pioneer squads for more firepower, better crit potential, better range, and a more mobile chassis. It is quite a bargain at 120 munitions in theory. In practice, it is too easy to lose, which is the main reason behind most light vehicles not seeing much use, and also the main reason automatch search is almost always inclined towards Axis.

This is only true if you think each flamethrower is the same as a pio or engi flamethrower. In all actuality thats not true. 2 pioneers with flamethrowers have higher damage output than the FHT. Quite a while ago before the heavy t3 requirement nerf. The flamethrowers were nerfed into oblivion. Also crit potential is not much higher as far as I know its the exact same. Feel free to prove me wrong. Its better than 1 flamepio squad, but not by a lot. These units having nothing to due with axis search numbers. The majority of axis players are okw anyway. So I'm not sure what your point is there???
The incendiary rounds for the mg42 are not a viable counter at all vs the m5 which is basically impervious to small arms fire compared to the 251. . Which isn't a big deal really. Just that the fact that 222 and 251 are very squishy when they already don't pose much of a threat in terms of firepower.

Despite the incendiary rounds doing very well vs light vehicles, vs competent players its very unlikely that you'll ever counter these vehicles in this way. Its merely there to punish low level players and for fun. Due to light vehicles having to sit right in front of an mg while it loads the incendiary rounds which is rather obvious if you can read the situation. Most people stay at range anyway.

If it were up to me. I would change the 251 as so:
Armor from 9 to 11-12
Flammenwerfer no longer requires t3.
Damage of flammenwerfer increased by 15%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★