Login

russian armor

Ostruppen Doctrine in 2v2s

4 Mar 2015, 21:30 PM

I've been messing around with this Doctrine in 2v2s lately and have found it to be really powerful as of right now in 2v2s if you're paired with a competent axis ally. Especially on more clustered maps such as semosky.

Ostruppen squads scale pretty well late game once they reach vet 2.

Anyone else toy around with it?

Only Challenges I have with it are typically clown cars and early light vehicles.
4 Mar 2015, 21:43 PM

It has been powerful. Why?

1) You dont struggle that much for stupid munitions
2) Osttruppen is dirt cheap = keep up with tech
3) No more 1 shot squad wipe!!!

and IMO Tiger is a huge piece of shit anyway. Elefant is the only callin that worths something
4 Mar 2015, 21:51 PM
Patrion 14

This is a great doctrine that I love, especially if paired with an okw player who can get pak43s and mg34s, which you can recrew for cheap. I like to get 2 ost, 1 mg42, 1 ost, 1 mg42, then tech for pak40 -> t4 panther. Ostruppen are all about slowing down the enemy, so I like to put them ahead of my mgs, and put bunkers behind them to reinforce from and support with suppression. Spamming weapon teams in trenches is one of the best ways to use this doctrine, at least for me.
4 Mar 2015, 21:54 PM

Ostruppen doc is pretty solid in teamgames, 6 models and cheap reinforcing means you can counter the usual sniper/Guards combo pretty well.

Also I like using the trenches to protect mortars, it's nice when your 81mm doesn't get instantly squad wiped by a precision strike.
4 Mar 2015, 22:00 PM

It has been powerful. Why?

and IMO Tiger is a huge piece of shit anyway. Elefant is the only callin that worths something

indeed just used the elefant in a 2v2 today. totally worth it.
5 Mar 2015, 01:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 22:00 PMofield

indeed just used the elefant in a 2v2 today. totally worth it.

more or less Tiger underpowered...
Armor 300 vs IS2 375 vs Panther 320
Speed < Panther
Gun Range < Panther

Just a big junk waiting to get mark target and swarm by T34/85 or Jacksons...
5 Mar 2015, 02:44 AM

IMO Tiger is a huge piece of shit anyway.

:snfPeter:

Ostruppen if used well can actually be one of the best 2v2 strats out there. Plus its a new way to play the game without using Tigers and keeps you away from the Meta game
5 Mar 2015, 08:29 AM

more or less Tiger underpowered...
Armor 300 vs IS2 375 vs Panther 320
Speed < Panther
Gun Range < Panther

Just a big junk waiting to get mark target and swarm by T34/85 or Jacksons...

+1 to that. And people wonder why ostheer is so shitty. You practically have no advantage, only disadvantages. Slow and expensive teching, Epensive tanks, weak infantry, ridiculous HMGs, nerfed AT guns. Besides mortars and pzgrens I can't find any unit which doesn't underperform, isn't to expensive or isn't completely useless. The only thing with Ostheer is that it's interesting to play with, offering greater diversity and that in team games can artificially inflate the OKW income, leading to a good combo.
5 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

OH is just a support faction for OKW at this point, no secret about that.
5 Mar 2015, 22:11 PM

OH is just a support faction for OKW at this point, no secret about that.

Get OKW nerfed then, zero reason OKW should gain resources from caches besides the salvage system being too linear. Ost pulls its weight.

As for the thread, personally I prefer Relief Infantry. The resulting MP float (those who are moaning about Ostheer MP starvation, try this out) is immense and you're massively powerful with all the team weapons yoou pick up along the way. Just don't forget a Pak40, a halftrack, and an MG42; maybe a mortar, and then push with those picking up everything on the way. Of course artillery hardcounters this, so that's why I prefer Lightning War doctrine that can turn the MP float and amassed fuel thanks to not needing it much into Tigers. I once won a game where I lost 3 Tigers using this tactic. 7 Ostruppen squads in the end. Was amusing to have them take forever to kill an AT gun when focus firing from out of cover.

5 Mar 2015, 22:30 PM

:snfPeter:

I usually find going for 3 CP call-in pr0struppen with free vet and occasional lmg equipment is much more powerful/effective than going simple vet 0 pr0struppen.
Mobile Defense Doctrine > Pr0struppen Doc Imho. :D
6 Mar 2015, 11:53 AM

I usually find going for 3 CP call-in pr0struppen with free vet and occasional lmg equipment is much more powerful/effective than going simple vet 0 pr0struppen.
Mobile Defense Doctrine > Pr0struppen Doc Imho. :D

Puma was pretty damn good to replace Stugs and fight T34. Except Fucking Jackson 2-shot it after USA came out...
6 Mar 2015, 13:07 PM

Get OKW nerfed then, zero reason OKW should gain resources from caches besides the salvage system being too linear.

'Course. But don't forget to buff Ostheer then. ;)

6 Mar 2015, 13:12 PM

'Course. But don't forget to buff Ostheer then. ;)

And why? Ostheer is more than capable. Don't touch Ostheer. Nerf OKW. Then the game becomes balanced for team games.
6 Mar 2015, 13:19 PM

And why? Ostheer is more than capable. Don't touch Ostheer. Nerf OKW. Then the game becomes balanced for team games.

Are you fucking tripping?

How about you get a teammate and play double Ostheer, and I get a team to play double Soviet? You think you can beat us?
6 Mar 2015, 13:24 PM

Are you fucking tripping?

How about you get a teammate and play double Ostheer, and I get a team to play double Soviet? You think you can beat us?

I probably can't, because you are ranked far higher than me and you are most likely a better player for it.

That doesn't change my opinion that Ostheer is perfectly fine and actually balanced. I think people are spoiled by OKW and how overpowered it is at team games, as Soviets don't really have much special that Ostheer doesn't.
6 Mar 2015, 14:32 PM

That doesn't change my opinion that Ostheer is perfectly fine and actually balanced.

Well, you're opinion is wrong then. Ostheer = a mixture of UP units / to expensive teching / some of the most expensive vehicles in game.
They are in the same shape as USF but probably worst.
The only eternal winner of all times - SU which can succesfully tackle Ostheer and OKW alike.
6 Mar 2015, 14:46 PM

Just got a game, one T34/85, my 2 Jacks, + Skillmarkedtargetplane, brand new Tiger I vaporised in 3 seconds.

Either Tiger I is a joke, or Skillmarkedtargetplane + Jackson is a joke. Choose one, or both. :foreveralone:
6 Mar 2015, 14:48 PM

That's two players and 390 fuel worth of tanks (370 if they were the 85 pair call in), don't you think an unsupported 230 fuel vehicle should get annihilated by that combo?
6 Mar 2015, 14:50 PM

That's two players and 390 fuel worth of tanks (370 if they were the 85 pair call in), don't you think an unsupported 230 fuel vehicle should get annihilated by that combo?

It is not unsupported, just the OberGren blobs and Pak40 got vaporised by my skillscotts. :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★