Login

russian armor

How to prevent blobs

2 Mar 2015, 08:52 AM

Hi Folks,
I had two ideas about how to avoid blobbing. There are just WAY too much player's who just blob, no tactics, no thoughts. Just right-clicking.

1: Units within a blob receive more accuracy. Your enemy don't have to aim anymore to hit anything.

2: Units act as shotblocker like buildings, which means the Units in the back of the blob are not able to shoot.

This would affect all factions. No more Penalty blobs, no more Volks blob and no more Rifle blob
2 Mar 2015, 15:35 PM

No way. Just surrend. Kappa
2 Mar 2015, 15:47 PM

The problem is the game just isn't set up for this to work, how would you even play maps like eddlebruck were it's often impossible to keep your infantry far away from each other?

It's much easier to give factions more blob counters like indirect fire and whatnot.
2 Mar 2015, 16:23 PM

Just change def bonuses for OKW veterancy - problem solved. It's very hard to blob as Wehr or SU just because of their unit armor.
Neo
2 Mar 2015, 20:33 PM

Hi Folks,
I had two ideas about how to avoid blobbing. There are just WAY too much player's who just blob, no tactics, no thoughts. Just right-clicking.

1: Units within a blob receive more accuracy. Your enemy don't have to aim anymore to hit anything.

2: Units act as shotblocker like buildings, which means the Units in the back of the blob are not able to shoot.

This would affect all factions. No more Penalty blobs, no more Volks blob and no more Rifle blob

Option 1 solves everything but you've already had the typical noob 4v4 player response (NEIN, MEIN BLOB IST EAZIER TO RECHT CLICK, JA).

Anyway, all the best solutions have already been suggested 100 times. Just a question of Relic a) listening and b) actually releasing a patch.
2 Mar 2015, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 20:33 PMNeo

Option 1 solves everything but you've already had the typical noob 4v4 player response (NEIN, MEIN BLOB IST EAZIER TO RECHT CLICK, JA).

Anyway, all the best solutions have already been suggested 100 times. Just a question of Relic a) listening and b) actually releasing a patch.

The reason it's not been implemented is because it fucks everyone. There should be more blob counters, it's lazy and stupid just to make it so if your infantry is close together it takes more damage as that has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with the fact the maps are small and unit path finding is literal shit.
3 Mar 2015, 07:25 AM

I think it's not hard to let unitgs act as shotblockers, the engine already have shotblockers like trees or houses. Sometimes it feels like relic is too lazy to Change a variable. It just fucks me up how much Players are blobbing in 2v2 or 1v1 (i don't play the clusterfuck modes.
3 Mar 2015, 07:31 AM

The real blob counter are the HMGs. I mean they should be. A hmg must have a quite quick supress time and it actually needs to kill models from time to time. Remember mg42 from vcoh?Now that's how a hmg it's supposed to work. No matter the faction, greater or smaller fire con, etc, but they need to mean something.
3 Mar 2015, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 16:23 PMrejfor
Just change def bonuses for OKW veterancy - problem solved. It's very hard to blob as Wehr or SU just because of their unit armor.

This thread is not about those whinning "buuhuuuu OKW is soooo OP".
SU is blobbing as much as the USF or OKW. I want every blob to be solved, regardless of the faction.
3 Mar 2015, 07:33 AM

It's all fine. As ostheer you can just get 2x mg42. As usa m15 is brutal blob counter for early game. Okw have kubel with sick suppression rate and soviets have demo charges and maxim after all.

A lot of you whine that blobs are hard to counter but after all it's just your micro and how you use your mg long range advantage.
3 Mar 2015, 08:05 AM

overlapping mg's get smoked very often and kubelwagen blows up after seconds. That's no real hardcounter
3 Mar 2015, 08:10 AM

The problem with blobs is that they're dead easy to use and way more difficult to counter. They're not impossible to counter, in fact with the right tools they fold easily, but the lack of skill and micro required compared to what is required to destroyed is what is wrong.
What is more, blobbing goes against the whole spirit of the game and therefore needs to be brutally punished.
3 Mar 2015, 08:14 AM

The problem with blobs is that they're dead easy to use and way more difficult to counter. They're not impossible to counter, in fact with the right tools they fold easily, but the lack of skill and micro required compared to what is required to destroyed is what is wrong.
What is more, blobbing goes against the whole spirit of the game and therefore needs to be brutally punished.

There already is punishment like demos and ss mine. ss mines might look stupid but on kholodny they block flank paths really well.
3 Mar 2015, 08:20 AM

but against people who know how to exploit and deal with blobs, blobbing is a sure way to lose.
3 Mar 2015, 08:38 AM

Since I got my Close Air Support Commander from Valentine's day my troubles with blobs are gone. Me and my OKW mate won 13 games in a row against blobbers and it was easy. The last game we lost was because our opponents where simply better and knew how to flank etc.

But CAS being the only counter to blobs insteas of MGs is questionable.
3 Mar 2015, 08:44 AM

@highfiveeeee i experienced the same, but i think it's not a good game mechanic if the only "hardcounter" against blobs is a doctrine. blobs should be easy to defeat with "vanilla" units
3 Mar 2015, 09:17 AM

as vipuks has said before, take advantage of the high range of machine guns and spot for them so they can suppress enemy blobs before they even come into rifle range.

people dont realize that not spotting for machine guns is actually a huge issue since youre losing like 1/4 or a 1/3 of the total range of the hmg if you dont spot for it.
3 Mar 2015, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 08:14 AMVIPUKS

There already is punishment like demos and ss mine. ss mines might look stupid but on kholodny they block flank paths really well.

Sorry, I must disagree with you there.
Blobbing is not just a significant problem for when they're attacking you, but they are also a massive problem when you're trying to push, where their sheer amount of fire power (particularly OKW blobs) will stop your units dead and obviously mines and demos have no chance of being placed.

As I keep saying, the reason blobbing is used isn't just because its for newbs, but also because it doesn't require much micro and gets good results and it forces your opponent into spending a lot of time and micro to punish in turn.
3 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM

i see a huge Problem with mg's and mines against blobs just because you dont know where the blob is coming. You can't build everywhere mg's and mines. for example a usf bar blob runs into s-mines: congratulation, you killed max. 3 models out of 20 and the enemy knows where the mines are.
3 Mar 2015, 10:53 AM

The real blob counter are the HMGs. I mean they should be. A hmg must have a quite quick supress time and it actually needs to kill models from time to time. Remember mg42 from vcoh?Now that's how a hmg it's supposed to work. No matter the faction, greater or smaller fire con, etc, but they need to mean something.

But coh1 only worked because weapon teams couldn't cap, so needed inf support.

Cos of coh2 capping circles Mg's can be spammed. Hence why they got nerfed. They should buff the Mgs just a bit but lower their cap rate, or increase cost, just something to make it bad to spam them.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak