Login

russian armor

New UI options

1 Mar 2015, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

The the next big patch in the works and what seems to be like a big change for COH, I belive that the UI could use an update. While most people like the UI or simply live with it, I suggest that Relic introduce more UI options to minimize or maximize the UI interactions.

Users would be able to customize what visuals they wish to be seen or have a scalable UI to adjust for larger screens. Other options that would be interesting to see would be to reintroduce the shield in the top right to hide units we don't wish to see.

Any other ideas coh2.org?
1 Mar 2015, 16:11 PM

The the next big patch in the works and what seems to be like a big change for COH, I belive that the UI could use an update. While most people like the UI or simply live with it, I suggest that Relic introduce more UI options to minimize or maximize the UI interactions.

Users would be able to customize what visuals they wish to be seen or have a scalable UI to adjust for larger screens. Other options that would be interesting to see would be to reintroduce the shield in the top right to hide units we don't wish to see.

Any other ideas coh2.org?

It's a good idea.
1 Mar 2015, 16:22 PM

I think I've read a post from one of COH2.ORG staff (Inverse I think) which was about the engine being old and some stuff like that. It seems that certain aspects of UI (like Tactical Map) are nearly impossible to change (well, not impossible, too much resource intensive, thus unlikely).

But anyway, I would suggest UI elements which would influence gameplay as top priorities. Changes like:
- MG/Raketten positioning in garrisoned buildings.
- Bug fixes (sometimes it appears that the UI is not responsive).
- Improved sound ques (sometimes, units do now give you warnings as they should, so you'll lose your precious squad with a nade)
- Customizable keys.
- Tactical map improvements.

Some other changes which would be nice IMO:
- Smaller UI elements
- Removing unit description from the UI and swapping it with Kill indicator. The description is useless.

I had a lot more in mind, but I can only remember these at the moment.

PS: Do you think it's likely to see UI changes? I don't know...
1 Mar 2015, 16:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 16:22 PMRMMLz
Do you think it's likely to see UI changes?

Nope
1 Mar 2015, 18:52 PM

Nope

I was afraid of this... but you're probably right.
2 Mar 2015, 06:46 AM

Mods could handle this all the way.
But not with the "modding" that is allowed in this game.
2 Mar 2015, 14:19 PM
Coder Red Badge

They should just let people mod the UI freely. The CoH2 UI uses Scaleform, which in theory should be fairly easy to mod; CSGO is another game that uses Scaleform for its UI, and there were a lot of custom UI mods before Valve locked down UI modding. A big problem is the CoH2 UI takes up a ridiculous amount of computer resources; this could be resolved or at least mitigated with lighter-weight UI mods.

Alternatively, they could start charging people for different UI designs and let the community submit UI designs for consideration, like what I feel they're planning to do with decals.
2 Mar 2015, 14:28 PM

They should just let people mod the UI freely. The CoH2 UI uses Scaleform, which in theory should be fairly easy to mod; CSGO is another game that uses Scaleform for its UI, and there were a lot of custom UI mods before Valve locked down UI modding. A big problem is the CoH2 UI takes up a ridiculous amount of computer resources; this could be resolved or at least mitigated with lighter-weight UI mods.

Alternatively, they could start charging people for different UI designs and let the community submit UI designs for consideration, like what I feel they're planning to do with decals.

Scaleform is basically flash so it shouldn't be difficult to mod.

I would love to see a minimalistic version of the HUD, and a total overhaul of the GUI as well. The current one looks so dated and clunky.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★