Login

russian armor

Proposed Soviet Tech System

• This thread is locked
1 Mar 2015, 13:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Play 1v1'ss before you comment about balance
1 Mar 2015, 13:23 PM

Are you guys trying to argue that 2v2 doesn't need to be balanced? I already asked you 1v1 players on how these would affect 1v1, what more do you want? For me to not speak at all until I get 1k 1v1 games?
1 Mar 2015, 13:26 PM

There is a difference between talking about effiency of unit, possible swaping, making unit stronger and redesigning whole faction. Its not gonna happen.

None of the hundreds of balance threads will mean anything because Relic doesn't act upon them. There's also no way people will reach a consensus in this community.

1 Mar 2015, 13:36 PM

2v2 is impossible to balance, because germans will always have the advantage, they had the advantage in coh1, and the advantage in coh2. because of one simle faction design: germans are stronger late game

2v2 = more units, more points
more units + more points = longer games
longer games = more oppetunities for aixs to get out heavy tanks
massed heavy tanks = uncounterable for allies

it's really simple. play 1v1.
1 Mar 2015, 13:45 PM

2v2 is impossible to balance, because germans will always have the advantage, they had the advantage in coh1, and the advantage in coh2. because of one simle faction design: germans are stronger late game

2v2 = more units, more points
more units + more points = longer games
longer games = more oppetunities for aixs to get out heavy tanks
massed heavy tanks = uncounterable for allies

it's really simple. play 1v1.

Well, in 1v1 its same thing. You can get amazing map control as USF, few shermans etc but in the end you will win by VPs losing almost all army or OKW guy will make come back. Just watch Sage vs Paul. I think 30vps more and Paul would won.

For me it's bad design if one faction needs to win early game because in late game you will be rekt.
1 Mar 2015, 13:53 PM

Well, in 1v1 its same thing. You can get amazing map control as USF, few shermans etc but in the end you will win by VPs losing almost all army or OKW guy will make come back. Just watch Sage vs Paul. I think 30vps more and Paul would won.

For me it's bad design if one faction needs to win early game because in late game you will be rekt.

late game in both gamdemodes starts at around the 20 minute mark. it's just a whole lot easier to stretch out late game in 1v1 than it is in 2v2
1 Mar 2015, 14:09 PM

Allies could pull their weight late game in CoH1. They had the means to do so, even if it got harder as trickery no longer worked that late in the game.

In CoH2, the better support options, the better infantry and the better tanks are all stacked at Axis, with few, debatable Allied advantages that are temporary. Riflemen may be good against Volksgrenadiers, but how long does that last?
1 Mar 2015, 14:14 PM

Allies could pull their weight late game in CoH1. They had the means to do so, even if it got harder as trickery no longer worked that late in the game.

In CoH2, the better support options, the better infantry and the better tanks are all stacked at Axis, with few, debatable Allied advantages that are temporary. Riflemen may be good against Volksgrenadiers, but how long does that last?

I saw Volks with 1919 picked up. 41 kills. Almost like Obers. And all thanks to insane vet 5.
1 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

I saw Volks with 1919 picked up. 41 kills. Almost like Obers. And all thanks to insane vet 5.

That is for another thread. The OKW blob/vet horse has been beaten to death, it doesn't need to consume yet another thread.
1 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And time to move on , I think .

Balance is based around 1v1 and then 2v2. Sorry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★