Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
10 Mar 2015, 22:14 PM
Benefactor 115

.50 cal and DShK should shred through light vehicles but their in game performance is pretty sub par, even against infantry.

Penetration could be increased on both guns and you can modify the cover tables so that it negates some of the cover bonuses.
10 Mar 2015, 22:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2015, 21:07 PMJaigen

I was here since beta. their was no mg42 spam ever. its an allied fanboy fairy tail. because you could simply ram your maxims into them and win or the m3 + sniper would quickly remove it.

And fht rush? yeah if the soviet player really screwed up and didnt have any AT out. but i have a better suggestion. m3 rush to your cutoff point with no wait of countering it.

Yeah, because on release each faction started with SO MUCH RESOURCES. Remind you that T1/T2 openings were pretty much crap since you relegated any capping early on.

When i talk about spam, i talk about having same number of MGs than grens.
10 Mar 2015, 23:23 PM

If an OKW player is spamming support weapons than that means he lacks capping power. OKW player needs to be aggressive and flank hence you dont see MG spam 3+ in 1 v 1s (barely at pro level). If you want to try this out and see if I am a bad player than you can add me on steam. I WOULD love to kick your ass any day and I will use the "Under power" OKW to show you. Thanks.

Or it has something to do that the mg34 is crap as are most okw support weapons.
10 Mar 2015, 23:26 PM

Yeah, because on release each faction started with SO MUCH RESOURCES. Remind you that T1/T2 openings were pretty much crap since you relegated any capping early on.

When i talk about spam, i talk about having same number of MGs than grens.

they only thing they buffed early game was the mp. soviets always had 50 fuel the build speed was slower but you could buy mg's or m3's from the start.

But why are we discussing this. the current mg42 needs extra suppression to be worthwhile or better yet better gun traverse,
10 Mar 2015, 23:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2015, 23:26 PMJaigen

they only thing they buffed early game was the mp. soviets always had 50 fuel the build speed was slower but you could buy mg's or m3's from the start.

But why are we discussing this. the current mg42 needs extra suppression to be worthwhile or better yet better gun traverse,

-Spread the crew in a V formation, no more 1 shot by nades and no MG gunner snipe by a 1/2 infantry push.

After this is done, i think we can talk about changing the offensive performance if neccesary. The main problem is the lethality which was been raised by WFA. I don't think the solution is raising everything up, rather than toning down a bit more the LMG (at least their ease of use).
11 Mar 2015, 00:25 AM

-Spread the crew in a V formation, no more 1 shot by nades and no MG gunner snipe by a 1/2 infantry push.

After this is done, i think we can talk about changing the offensive performance if neccesary. The main problem is the lethality which was been raised by WFA. I don't think the solution is raising everything up, rather than toning down a bit more the LMG (at least their ease of use).

I do not agree frontal assaults should not happen and flanks should be rewarded. V shaping it would make the mg to difficult to hit by nades and still not address that rifles and scripts can simply charge the mg from the front.
11 Mar 2015, 05:02 AM

Permanently Banned
I remember when the dshk was an OP killmachine wiping squads on retreat. True I don't notice much of a difference between the thing and the maxim other than have a little more damage. I'd like a buff for it, but it already provides the benefit of synergy with t1. Sorta. Buffs are in order to this as well.
12 Mar 2015, 18:15 PM

The Dishka would like a word with you about that...

DShK-38 Dps should be increased to 50-20-8 (Reload included) Then it would fulfill its role as a HMG
(Not to be confused with the MG-42 or Maxim, those are GPMG's)

Do something with its ability as well it feels kinda.. lackluster, As i could not look up the stats
on its ability i couldn't say how much penetration it adds but it may need to be looked at.

Make the damn thing worth its cost..
There are so many units in this game that are useless for how expensive they are.

Edit: on second consideration, 40-18-8 is probably better, But still same general idea:
Does more damage than the other mg's (not necessarily more suppression)
13 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

The origional MG42 was fine, HOWEVER..

The replaced capping circles allowing support weapons to cap points made it far too easy to be aggresive with a heavy Mg build.

Having mostly Mgs should force you to be defensive. Being super aggresive with a lot of suppression machines is the problem relic gave us with the change in how points cap from vcoh.

So the compromise is now MG42 underperforms. :/

Increase cost, suppression, popcap slightly.
13 Mar 2015, 16:54 PM

Am I only one around here that thinks that MG-42 is fine as is?

No, u are not alone, the problem of ALL hmgs currently: infantry runs straight into it, uses any nade ability and forces the hmg to retreat.
13 Mar 2015, 18:02 PM

The origional MG42 was fine, HOWEVER..

The replaced capping circles allowing support weapons to cap points made it far too easy to be aggresive with a heavy Mg build.

Having mostly Mgs should force you to be defensive. Being super aggresive with a lot of suppression machines is the problem relic gave us with the change in how points cap from vcoh.

So the compromise is now MG42 underperforms. :/

Increase cost, suppression, popcap slightly.

If that would really be the issue then they could just make MG squads unable to cap / cap at reduced speed.
13 Mar 2015, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 18:02 PMgokkel

If that would really be the issue then they could just make MG squads unable to cap / cap at reduced speed.

Won't help in larger game modes as they aren't about capping points.
13 Mar 2015, 20:50 PM
Donator 11

I think MG42 needs to get back fast rotation as it was

I dont see MG42 performing good with such slow rotation speed
15 Mar 2015, 01:05 AM

Guys, seriously, give me any replay of any player where MG42 getting #rekt in situation, where you think it shouldn't be.

I really want to belive you, but my own experience of using it just tells me that it is fine if used correctly.
Here you see a vet 3 MG42 and its performance. It´s hilarious how long it needs to pin a unit, even if it´s yellow cover. It´s 28 seconds of constant bursts. At 52:26 it finally has them pinned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-70N4bT3w#t=51m58s
15 Mar 2015, 01:11 AM

Here you see a vet 3 MG42 and its performance. It´s hilarious how long it needs to pin a unit, even if it´s yellow cover. It´s 27 seconds of constant bursts.

Whoop! there it is! But I've been experiencing this all along, but people seem to be in denial. So again, MG42s need to be updated.

15 Mar 2015, 06:35 AM

Here you see a vet 3 MG42 and its performance. It´s hilarious how long it needs to pin a unit, even if it´s yellow cover. It´s 28 seconds of constant bursts. At 52:26 it finally has them pinned.

time to pin has always been towards the longer side in coh2, but notice that suppressed guards are completely combat ineffective as they cannot even land a single shot on the 42 crew.
15 Mar 2015, 07:22 AM

time to pin has always been towards the longer side in coh2, but notice that suppressed guards are completely combat ineffective as they cannot even land a single shot on the 42 crew.

Nah they just throw a nade instead.
15 Mar 2015, 07:59 AM
Patrion 28

which is stupid because it means that pinning is basically not in the game. it would be a LOT better if suppression happened faster but recovery from it was also faster while pinning took longer but kept units down for a while.
15 Mar 2015, 08:42 AM

Please note that the player fielding the mg42 also had 3 mg42 bulletins equipped.
So a 'regular' mg42 would've performed (slightly) worse in this situation.

Those were either 2% less cool down or 4% higher fire rate bulletins - or a combination thereof. (Unless there are further bulletins that look exactly the same ofc ...)

I've wondered for some time now:
What debuffs and (deteriorating) buffs are really applied to a suppressed unit?
I mean the actual stats of the debuff - does someone know?
15 Mar 2015, 09:07 AM

which is stupid because it means that pinning is basically not in the game. it would be a LOT better if suppression happened faster but recovery from it was also faster while pinning took longer but kept units down for a while.

recovery from suppression is actually pretty quick if your squad is in cover. if units were still somewhat combat effective while suppressed, you would see more blobs than before. right now theres incentive to flank an mg team because of the harsh penalties of being suppressed.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak