Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
15 Mar 2015, 09:42 AM

Here you see a vet 3 MG42 and its performance. It´s hilarious how long it needs to pin a unit, even if it´s yellow cover. It´s 28 seconds of constant bursts. At 52:26 it finally has them pinned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-70N4bT3w#t=51m58s

Hilarious video,but lol ost players already know the caliber of this shitty popcornsprayer.And this from the apparent 'beast' (as its called by allied fanboys)vet 3 mg42.
Strangely certain people are suddenly missing from the thread -
Elslayer...weren't u asking for vid?
Katitof,Wingzero,Faustcostbulletin,Bracharaidos..suddenly they are all missing from the thread..where u gone hiding?
15 Mar 2015, 09:58 AM
Patrion 28

recovery from suppression is actually pretty quick if your squad is in cover. if units were still somewhat combat effective while suppressed, you would see more blobs than before. right now theres incentive to flank an mg team because of the harsh penalties of being suppressed.

in my experience it's often ~15 seconds, although it depends a lot on the situation.

i do not think they should be more combat effective though, i just think the mechanic would be more interesting if suppression was more fluid. you could suppress one squad that was getting close to your MG to slow it down and then concentrate on another one rather than suppress that squad and then change target, keeping both out of the fight or just getting naded, depending on what the game feels like at that moment. :/

that's a bit of a simplistic explanation, and kind of how it functions already, except that pinning doesn't happen unless you're retarded or drawing fire and suppression often doesn't prevent units from taking out MGs
15 Mar 2015, 10:32 AM

in my experience it's often ~15 seconds, although it depends a lot on the situation.

i do not think they should be more combat effective though, i just think the mechanic would be more interesting if suppression was more fluid. you could suppress one squad that was getting close to your MG to slow it down and then concentrate on another one rather than suppress that squad and then change target, keeping both out of the fight or just getting naded, depending on what the game feels like at that moment. :/

that's a bit of a simplistic explanation, and kind of how it functions already, except that pinning doesn't happen unless you're retarded or drawing fire and suppression often doesn't prevent units from taking out MGs

depending on green or yellow you can actually recover ~5 seconds as long as nothing is shooting at you. 15 seconds is actually an incredibly long time and i dont even think suppressed squads in the open take that long to recover.
15 Mar 2015, 10:36 AM

I think the MG42 could use a buff, but only a slight one. It seems like some people just want the MG42 from CoH1 and I can understand why because that thing was a beast, but this is a different game and overzealous buffing/nerfing causes as many problems as it solves. If it was up to me I'd increase its traverse a tiny bit and decrease the time it takes to acquire targets by a larger but still small amount. Right now it's a bit easy to flank head but it shouldn't get to the point where crossing the cone of fire, even for a split second, causes suppression. I'd also increase the cost of USF smoke grenades by 5 munitions, that might not sound like much but USF are already very munitions-intensive as it is and grenades delay both teching and weapon upgrades. Changing the 'Oorah' ability so it's not available straight away might also help things.

Another good option that has been suggested many times on here would be to decrease the range of thrown & launched grenades of suppressed units. Not only would this make the MG42 more survivable, it would increase the viability of other factions' MGs and decrease blobbing generally.
15 Mar 2015, 10:41 AM

Mg42 in its current state is simply incapable of doing its job,all the 'its perfectly fine' people as usual have disappeared including elslayer,katitof,Wingzero,fauscostbulletin..the ones who want to keep ostheer weak and shit on purpose.
15 Mar 2015, 10:58 AM

1- Having the MG42 at 300mp would put you behind in term of opening. Waiting 60mp more to build you next unit + the fact your MG will take more time to be build is an incredible opportunity for your opponent to crush you early game.

2- 300mp MG would do nothing more vs Hoora and smoke, and making you potentially lose a 300mp squad instead of 240 , with less squads around to support it, it would probably occur more than once. That again a huge nerf for Ostheer.

3- The impact of this change would be enormous at low level where people does not know how to flank but at mid-high level, apart from what I expose above, I don't see any benefices. A powerful unit, for sure, but lonely vs 3 rifles / 3 cons.

The Mg42 is doing pretty well its job actually, for a 240mp unit. On early stage with the appropriate support it denies an area.

The clear difference between this Coh1 and Coh2 is that you need to micro it more, you cannot just put it somewhere to negate any infantry.
15 Mar 2015, 11:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Mg42 in its current state is simply incapable of doing its job,all the 'its perfectly fine' people as usual have disappeared including elslayer,katitof,Wingzero,fauscostbulletin..the ones who want to keep ostheer weak and shit on purpose.

But on the other hand, there are those that want a 240MP unit to stop dead 1500MP of infantry, that might also be expending munitions in the combat
15 Mar 2015, 11:33 AM

But on the other hand, there are those that want a 240MP unit to stop dead 1500MP of infantry, that might also be expending munitions in the combat

DOn't be silly. MG42 stronkest MG in all of spacetime. SHould fore over hole map at 199999999rpm with 122mm shells 4 glorios 3rd reich.

Sarcasm aside, nothing much to say I haven't already. Stopping by to tell you that pinning units in cover is supposed to take ages (because they are in cover) seems like wasted breath when considering what most of the posts in here are like. It's almost like, you know. There was cover involved. Mad, right?

Pinning happens to troops in open ground. Suppression happens to troops with things to hide behind, who just duck into their sodding cover. Sensible and reasonable, neither of which are commonly found in buff MG42 threads.
15 Mar 2015, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 08:42 AMMadok

Please note that the player fielding the mg42 also had 3 mg42 bulletins equipped.
So a 'regular' mg42 would've performed (slightly) worse in this situation.

Those were either 2% less cool down or 4% higher fire rate bulletins - or a combination thereof. (Unless there are further bulletins that look exactly the same ofc ...)
?

That's my mate, he uses 3 suppression bulletins, so yes, a normal hmg42 would've performed worse. I think it is wrong that units can walk into a HMG, throw a nade and wipe it. Like many other suggested, throwing radius should be halfed when being suppressed, in that way, Ost rifle grenades will also wipe less maxims and brownings.

He stopped playing coh2, waiting for a Ostheer patch :foreveralone:
15 Mar 2015, 13:31 PM

Sounds like you're the whiner actually

Certainly it must be too much for staff of even a private site to maintain a semblance of professionalism no?

You're a goddamn moderator, put your personal preferences for the Allied factions aside and don't go trying to personally attack users of this site.
15 Mar 2015, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 13:31 PMSierra
Certainly it must be too much for staff of even a private site to maintain a semblance of professionalism no?

You're a goddamn moderator, put your personal preferences for the Allied factions aside and don't go trying to personally attack users of this site.

It's a private site. They can do whatever they want. You're not paying your tax dollah into CoH2.org, you have literally no say in the matter, enjoy your irrelevance with the rest of us c:
15 Mar 2015, 14:35 PM

It's a private site. They can do whatever they want. You're not paying your tax dollah into CoH2.org, you have literally no say in the matter, enjoy your irrelevance with the rest of us c:

Technically they run the site on the ads we make worthwhile by looking at them, and if that doesn't pay completely it's still a huge help on that front. But you're right that we are quite irrelevant in how the staff should behave...

Enough communities have professional "robot" moderators, we don't need to be one of those.
15 Mar 2015, 14:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 13:31 PMSierra

I have zero moderator capabilities except from changing thread titles
15 Mar 2015, 14:48 PM

DOn't be silly. MG42 stronkest MG in all of spacetime. SHould fore over hole map at 199999999rpm with 122mm shells 4 glorios 3rd reich.

Sarcasm aside, nothing much to say I haven't already. Stopping by to tell you that pinning units in cover is supposed to take ages (because they are in cover) seems like wasted breath when considering what most of the posts in here are like. It's almost like, you know. There was cover involved. Mad, right?

Pinning happens to troops in open ground. Suppression happens to troops with things to hide behind, who just duck into their sodding cover. Sensible and reasonable, neither of which are commonly found in buff MG42 threads.

What would you know?Have even played a single match as ostheer 1 vs 1?I suggest u do before passing judgement.I know ur used to ur autowins vs ost,but try to make an effort.
15 Mar 2015, 14:50 PM

He stopped playing coh2, waiting for a Ostheer patch :foreveralone:

Same case here.One of my friends left coh2 altogether,other plays coh1.I'm retired until patch.Masochism has its limits.
15 Mar 2015, 15:04 PM

What would you know?Have even played a single match as ostheer 1 vs 1?I suggest u do before passing judgement.I know ur used to ur autowins vs ost,but try to make an effort.

Ah yes, of course, I forgot that MG42's magically get a 20% buff in all stats the moment that they get transported into the world of 2v2 and are therefore a completely different unit I am completely incapable of passing judgement on.

How silly of me.
15 Mar 2015, 15:06 PM

2v2 is a very different animal than 1v1 already, not in the least because you have a much higher density of units on the field which makes flanking rather more difficult. That being said, the 42 is a poor performer in 2v2 as well. Try 1v1, its rewarding, believe me.
15 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

2v2 is a very different animal than 1v1 already, not in the least because you have a much higher density of units on the field which makes flanking rather more difficult. That being said, the 42 is a poor performer in 2v2 as well. Try 1v1, its rewarding, believe me.

Tried 1v1's. No harder than 2v2, just a lot, lot more boring.

Regardless. MG42 behaves admirably in 2v2 and up every time I use them. Giving that 1v1 is the least played game mode in CoH2, any particular reason we should feel the need to break a unit for the majority of the player base to appease a minority that can't support their MG's properly, apparently? :P
15 Mar 2015, 15:15 PM
Donator 11

no need to buff
15 Mar 2015, 15:20 PM

Well no offence man, but your playercard shows all of 5 1v1 games, all of them with Soviets, and placement matches pretty much tell you nothing until you come up agaisnt good opponents.
In general, much of the, well, disagreements on this site (apart of course from the phenomenon of fanboyismo, ie. playing only one side, while accusing the "other" of being "Wehraboos", "Allied Buttboys", etc, you cant help that, most of them are just rabid chauvinists/morons) stems from the vastly different horizons of players. I for one at times suspected that the 4v4 players who harped about Axis superiority suffered from outright cognitive dissonance since my experience playing 1s and 2s was quite the opposite. After playing a few large teamgames I can understand them just fine and in fact concur to a point.
PAGES (29)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 72
unknown 21
United Kingdom 227
United States 12
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias