Login

russian armor

British Forces vs. Afrikakorps - My suggestions

16 Feb 2015, 16:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Its looks nice, but need more work about it and why Tiger are in tier ?
16 Feb 2015, 16:38 PM

OKW was a historical term, but it stood for Oberkommando der Wehrmacht which was essentially the supreme command of all service branches (army, navy, air force) however was charged with direct command authority of the Western Theatre (including North Africa) while it's supposedly subordinate army service branch command, the OKH (Oberkommando des Heeres) exercised de facto commando of the Eastern Front.
16 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM
Patrion 14

Can't get excited by North Africa as described but great ideas re. faction design (but yes, Grant tank pls).

OTOH Torch landings and Italy? Yes.

It's easier to balance 1943-44 units in Italy with the rest of the game.
16 Feb 2015, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

The funny things - afrikakorps basically has no real lategameinfantry.4man grenadiers who have no AI upgrade-thats ur lategame inf,really?
How u gonna fight enemy infantry with upgrades or elite inf call-ins lategame?

Also where is 88 mm?
British should have artillery.
Also kettenkrad is totally useless unarmed unit at 250 mp and 10 fuel,lol.

Germany had 88 mm flak guns in africa aswell as tigers later on.
16 Feb 2015, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

Its looks nice, but need more work about it and why Tiger are in tier ?

Because tigers fought in africa?
16 Feb 2015, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 17:42 PMspajn

Because tigers fought in africa?

Thay was, but it was not many there, so its not reason to add them in tier imo.
16 Feb 2015, 18:23 PM

Thay was, but it was not many there, so its not reason to add them in tier imo.

There also were only about 10 sturmtigers that ever thought in battle.
16 Feb 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned

Godd example :D. Maybe tiger in commander its OK, but why in tier. So You whant to do its with Relic logic:D ? Maybe its good for game, but about history its really lazy work, its just show history level of developers, add tanks in game like ST and forget about 1 000 soviets and germans tanks.

16 Feb 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

I would replace pak40 with pak38 in german units, it will make game more interesting and it was more used at the time. 8,8 cm could be nondoctrinal in last tier to compromise and tiger should be moved to a doctrine. Also the faction should get panzer 4 of some sort, maybe f version?
16 Feb 2015, 19:20 PM

Ladungsliger Tiger (one) / Bergepanzer Tiger (three) - no problem, cool

Ten Sturm Tiger? - Added to the game as not a doctrine.
Six Japanese tanks with a powerful 75 mm gun? - Nope dude ... nope

About what the Japanese are you talking about?

Fallschirmjäger? - Of course, it's great.
Soviet paratroopers (from Finnish war ending Japan)? - Nope dude ... nope

logic where are you?
16 Feb 2015, 19:29 PM

M3 grant or Lee for sure. It has the 37 up top to deal with the lights and the 75 was more like howitzer/infantry support. Brits supposedly loved them. Montgomery vs Rommel was the best fight in the war.... and I'm an American. The 8th Army was a ragtag bunch from all over the empire. That could be a really neat aspect, maybe as commanders. ANZAC, India, maybe Scots with distinct uniforms. If they got good voice actors too..... omg.
16 Feb 2015, 19:55 PM
Donator 11

british forces should absolutely include the SAS, at least as a doctrinal unit!
16 Feb 2015, 20:38 PM
Patrion 14

british forces should absolutely include the SAS, at least as a doctrinal unit!

16 Feb 2015, 22:36 PM

StuG IVs did not exist at the time and Fireflys in Africa? Seriously?

Yes, seriously.
Shermans weren't even on mass production yet.
Heaviest british armor was sub par crusader, which was pretty much upgunned stuart with slightly better armor, which was still paper thin.
16 Feb 2015, 22:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Off topic post invised.

If you wish to make the case for a Japanese Army, pussyking, kindly start another thread in the correct place. :)

Back to topic
16 Feb 2015, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 22:36 PMKatitof

Yes, seriously.
Shermans weren't even on mass production yet.
Heaviest british armor was sub par crusader, which was pretty much upgunned stuart with slightly better armor, which was still paper thin.

The Matilda II became notorious for it's impervious 78mm frontal armour which at the time was very impressive and difficult to handle. Crusader and Valentine tanks had their issues but it's not as if the Germans possessed any vastly superior tanks. Most of Rommel's armour consisted of Panzer IIs and IIIs, later on a few Panzer IV F2s and some Tigers saw action as well but their numbers were too limited for them to have decisive impact on the outcome of the theatre.

Having StuG IVs and Fireflys in Africa would be about as absurd as a King Tiger in 1940 Belgium...wrong time and in this case wrong place to boot.
17 Feb 2015, 07:18 AM

Thanks yet for your feedback!I appreciate it very much guys!
I just want to make some things clear.
Many people demanded a 88 Flak and of course it was the first thing that came in my mind when I thought about the war in Africa.
Though I don't think it would be useful as a always available weapon for the Afrikakorps because it already has a nice variety of tanks and a Flak 88 could be countered very easily in CoH2, just think about the PaK43.

It's also some kind of sad to see how 'aggresive' people are arguing here.
Hello? It's just an idea that I worked on for some hours, it's not the perfectly balanced thing you would expect in a real game.

In addition I chose those tanks because they could be interesting and fresh. I know that some of them are not as historic accurate as you wish but I tried to focus on the gaming point of view. What would be fun and tactically interesting is IMO more important than what would be correct in terms of historical accuracy. That's why I chose the P III for example, just because it never has been in any CoH before. On the other hand I chose the Goliath because it would give new strategies and tacticsthough it has been on CoH before.

The Tiger is in T4 because I found it interesting to give the Afrika player the ability to go for late game heavy without having him to choose a specific commander without it being such a monstrosity as OKW's King Tiger which simply can't be killed without a lot of sacrifices. For this reason I also mentioned that it would be a earlier Version of the Tiger making him weaker that Ostheer's. I would deeply suggest for the Afrikan commander not to rely on any heavy call in. Nashorn or Wespe, sure! But the actual meta shows, what it gives when all factions rely on their heavy allrounders.
17 Feb 2015, 07:29 AM

British forces still lack indirect fire and a camping enemy would be hard to beat...

But i guess charge their at guns with heavy armor and mgs with powerful infantry?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 519
Netherlands 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment