5 Feb 2015, 13:14 PM

NO NO NO NO NO

RELIC

STOP
NO CUSTOM COMMANDER BULLSHIT
NO
5 Feb 2015, 13:40 PM
Patrion 14

Would work out lovely, if not created by Relic...
5 Feb 2015, 13:51 PM

Duplicate commander abilities, most likely the ones we never use. D:

Please no. Warspoils v.2 with duplicates of the most worthless and unusable things.
5 Feb 2015, 13:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overkill Commander
-Mark Vehicle
-FMT
-FHQ
-B4
-ISU152

-.-.-.-.-.

The system is fine, IF they are not included in automatch.
5 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM

This is way more than I hoped for the war spoils system and I honestly dont understand all the hate. Custom commanders and the supply systm will probably provida a conveniant way to ged rid of duplicats, by disenchanting them like duplicats in Hearthstone.
Balance issues should honestly not arise as long as they gate the amount of powerfull abilities in one commander by some kind of points. For example ou would get 500 at max for your commander and is-2 call in would cost 350 so you cant stack a b4 in the same commander...
5 Feb 2015, 14:21 PM
Patrion 14

I too don't understand all the hate. I am COMPLETELY in favour of this system.

Relic does somewhat suffer from poor execution of excellent ideas but really, how much worse can it get than the current commanders?
5 Feb 2015, 14:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

as long as you cant get multiple abilities of the same category it will be a nice system.
It will make most meh commanders even more useless though
5 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM

Balance issues should honestly not arise as long as they gate the amount of powerfull abilities in one commander by some kind of points. For example ou would get 500 at max for your commander and is-2 call in would cost 350 so you cant stack a b4 in the same commander...

Well, there are already commanders with 3-5 good abilities and then there are those with 0-2.
If is2 would take 350 out of 500 as you suggested, then double t34-85 would be less than 150, because we already have that combo with three other abilities as well (armored assault). Basicly I´m saying it would have to be a little more complicated than that.
5 Feb 2015, 14:49 PM

OH FUCK. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS OR IT WILL KILL THIS GAME.

Seriously, if this does happen then it will be IMPOSSIBLE to balance.

Unless of course, they do it it a very well thought out manner.
5 Feb 2015, 14:50 PM

Well i guess that we will have a lot of new topics to discuss !!! Not a bad thing.

I think their economic model with follow the one used in Hearthstone.

1-You can buy anything with in game currency (supply) or cash, but it will be some random to it (like opening packs).

2- You will be able craft to get exactly what you want, but it gonna be a slower process (Hearthstone's dust).

I can live with that.
5 Feb 2015, 14:53 PM
Patrion 14

Commanders are NOT balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

How much worse can it really get?
5 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:49 PMBurts
OH FUCK. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS OR IT WILL KILL THIS GAME.

Seriously, if this does happen then it will be IMPOSSIBLE to balance.

Unless of course, they do it it a very well thought out manner.
5 Feb 2015, 15:01 PM

Commanders are NOT balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

How much worse can it really get?

Umm, the imbalanced commanders are in POS cathegory.
Not really a single OP commander atm.

With custom commanders?
B-4, T34/85, spy network, guards/shocks and whatever you like as 5th.

Or elite training(change that for whatever you like), normal tiger, stug-e, stuka dive bomb and reckon overflight.

Or assault engies and EZ8s and priests/M1919.

You don't know the word overpowered until you think about custom commander yourself.
Wet dream for profits, game over for anything resembling competitive play.
5 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

Heck yes I want custom commanders. Of course some abilities shouldn't be mixable , like fuel drops and tank call ins,or muntions trade and lingering plane abilities, but with a little forethought this would be brilliant.

I would go ost, smoke, stug e, arty barrage, tiger.

Some abilities could be left out all together from custom like tiger ace and troop training.

We've already seen how op custom commanders can get in coho, and it's not even close to being possible like that in coh2. Unless that is each ability has extra unlock tiers.

Even though it was filled with op scrum builds, it was a ton of fun and had people excited, and playing.
5 Feb 2015, 15:05 PM

Don't be pessimistic. I'm sure we won't get commander with B4/IS2/ISU/T34/85. There will no uber commanders if right persons are designing this.
Same like there won't be Tiger + Pak43 or Easy Eight + P47.

It's a good step if abilities will be dropped from war spoils, not buying via steam (maybe some of them).

There might be limit for 1 Legendary, 1 Rare etc or there will be some amount of point to spend and each ability will have their own number, so for example: 20 to spend, ISU - 10, B4 -10 so you can mix it since you need 5 of them.
5 Feb 2015, 15:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

hull down and vet 2 tiger would be so awesome. Outranging jacksons
5 Feb 2015, 15:18 PM

Don't be pessimistic. I'm sure we won't get commander with B4/IS2/ISU/T34/85. There will no uber commanders if right persons are designing this.
Same like there won't be Tiger + Pak43 or Easy Eight + P47.

It's a good step if abilities will be dropped from war spoils, not buying via steam (maybe some of them).

There might be limit for 1 Legendary, 1 Rare etc or there will be some amount of point to spend and each ability will have their own number, so for example: 20 to spend, ISU - 10, B-40 so you can mix it since you need 5 of them.

Exactly !
5 Feb 2015, 15:24 PM
Donator 11

They will probs make certain abilitys cost something when u make the commanders. have like A cap of 16 cp's total and then u kinda mix and match certain ability

That way you have to have some low number ones but cant get b4,t-34 85's, and is2 or something in one commander
5 Feb 2015, 15:24 PM

While I am welcoming of custom commanders, this MUST be implemented carefully to avoid exploits.

Paying $20 dollars for the best custom commander should not be necessary to win the game.

This already happens (just not for $20). Ostheer players rely heavily on mechanised assault and elite troops doc, both of which are paid commanders and straight up superior to the other ones.
PAGES (8)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS