Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
10 Feb 2015, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 22:56 PMKatitof

I'm quite sure that specifically with this in mind there is this little thing they can build from T0.

Also, they get 50% rec acc modifier and 2x 30% acc modifier with vet, they will obliterate any other infantry in slugfest with time while still being cheapest to maintain themselves.

If you opponent is smart your kubel wagon isn't going to do a whole lot about those 4 rifle squads moving in cover up to your line of Volks. Not to mention the fact a single AT nade at less than a few seconds of DPS kills a kubel, it has quite the tight firing arc paired with horrible pathing/turning.

Yes we all know that Volks have nice veteran bonus's, ones they normally only get to enjoy because they are doing damage to expensive tanks with a high damage weapon. Just because a unit have nice veterancy bonus's doesn't justifying it blow ass when paired against any other equal unit that only costs 5 MP more.
10 Feb 2015, 23:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You have have been reported by Reforever's supporter, Queen Ratchett, and so you should be taken outside and...but as katitoff has posted a pretty picture with an explanation, the Fascist demands fall away

Appel!
10 Feb 2015, 23:36 PM

Jaigen, my lord, you are saying that Puma is UP, so Jackson is UP as well, right?
Puma has lower pen but faces worse armor, less dmg but again faces lower hp.
What's more, Puma is a way faster, better acceleration, rotation, can engage AI intraty with success. Almost same advantages.

So I just want to know if Jackson is OP, OK or UP?
10 Feb 2015, 23:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 23:15 PMKatitof

Please, name me all these 1v1 and 2v2 maps(we're talking competitive games, right?) where you can always be in cover and approach a 50 sight range extremely mobile unit that will have infantry screen before it with your infantry without sprint that needs vet to use AT nade.

Something tells me your number of allied games equals to the one of lolcake+sierra+jaigen put together.

I have far more hours logged as Soviets than I do as OKW. My issue is just you saying that Volks are fine (with out shreks) because of the Kubel, when that is patently false.
11 Feb 2015, 04:23 AM

Just a completely off the wall idea here. Why not just adjust the OKW's Stuka zu Fuss to vet a bit faster so that Incendiary Barrage can be used sooner?

Each barrage is 100-munitions down the drain, that's a panzershrek and some change that volksgrenadiers don't have, and it would give OKW some nicer anti-blob/anti-garrison potential.

Just an idea.
11 Feb 2015, 04:31 AM

i think the problem is rather how early the shreks can be obtained to counter light armor. the 3x shrek bulletins are differently game changing.
to be honest, what if increase the shrek price to 180 muni but gives 2 panzergren shreks? (panzergren shreks are less accurate than volksshreks)
with this price change, this could differently increase soviet scout car effectiveness against okw t2
11 Feb 2015, 05:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

i think the problem is rather how early the shreks can be obtained to counter light armor. the 3x shrek bulletins are differently game changing.
to be honest, what if increase the shrek price to 180 muni but gives 2 panzergren shreks? (panzergren shreks are less accurate than volksshreks)
with this price change, this could differently increase soviet scout car effectiveness against okw t2

Double flamer clowncar everyday. GG.
11 Feb 2015, 08:20 AM
Donator 33

How in anyway does it make sense for Volks to throw out their Kar98's to pick up Kar98's? And why limit the upgrade to only 1 volk squad per game?

Just give them the animations for reloading and firing an StG44 and give them 3 for 90 munitions, also: they don't surpass conscripts until vet 3, and were talking vet 0 cons btw. It takes until vet 4 for them to surpass cons in totality, which is pretty insane considering they only cost 5 manpower less.

Don't see it as "picking up Kars" but as advanced combat training or something like this.

You can upgrade all your squads with those upgrades but you have to choose either Flamethrowers OR better Kar98s.

You seem to forget that Volks have totally different support than Cons. Volks might be a bit disadvantaged at vet 0 (without upgrade) but you still have Sturms, Kubels as support.

You seem to ignore the AI upgrade which would totally change Volks' effectiveness vs infantry.
11 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM

A bit off topic, anyone knows what ETA for next balance patch? I was under the impression it was supposed to come out February but since we got bug fixes already it is going to be next month?

I'd like to think its good since it will drastically change OKW faction but the realistic part of me is saying that is never going to happen.
11 Feb 2015, 12:01 PM

The Kübel is a nice unit for the first 5 minutes if you want to exert early dominance in conjunction with a truck/sturm cutoff push to transition into a fast HT or something of the sort, aka OKW douchebaggery. If you want to play the long game, a Volks squad is a much better investment of 235 MP.
11 Feb 2015, 12:59 PM

You seem to forget that Volks have totally different support than Cons. Volks might be a bit disadvantaged at vet 0 (without upgrade) but you still have Sturms, Kubels as support.

You forget that the soviets and usf have better support. soviets can rely on the maxim early shocks snipers and m3 clown car. the usf can get a m20 out before any serious engagement is made.

Its one of the key reasons that fast tech to tier 4 is popular to pump out a luchs and obers to even the advantage.

I confirm what several others are saying. technically the volks grenadier is one of the least cost effective base infantry until it starts to reach vet 4 and 5. which is not a given.it still takes quite a bit of effort to gain it even with shreks.
11 Feb 2015, 14:22 PM
Benefactor 341

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 11:08 AMpugzii
I don't care about OKW/Ostheer heavies, I enjoy fighting them with Shermans/Jacksons/SU-85's and it feels fine, in 2v2 I have alot of fun using dedicated TD's to fight KT/Tiger/panther etc. The issue is when the vet5 volks blob with the most powerful heat seaking missile launcher in the game comes along and wipes mediums in one volley, honestly ruins games completely - this has become the meta.

For example, non-doctrine US Main deterrent to Heavy armour is a Jackson and SU is SU-85 which does no damage to infantry.. if I invest popcap/resources into Jacksons, I lose a significant amount of my anti infantry power, and I then don't have the capabilities to stop the 30 popcap 7 squad volks horde from just running through everything killing at will.

If a smaller, more fragile unit (Say sturmpio's) had the Shreck, it would be far more balanced. Ostheer have a similar unit (Panzergrens) which you have to decide whether you want a dedicated AT unit or AI unit.. not both. This change would obviously mean the Raketenwerfer 43 could receive large buffs too.

Well, if Volksgrenadiers lose their Combat Package upgrade (which I highly doubt because it is arguably a game-changing suggestion), then I hope you know Relic would implement a different upgrade for them (StG 44 package, for anti-infantry potential), indefinitely. Provided this tweak would synergize well (I wouldn’t know until it actually happened), I wouldn’t be totally against it, HOWEVER, as the Volksgrenadiers stand right now, they are pretty lackluster until they receive their Shrek upgrade, which emphasizes the whole “late-game supremacy” concept that Relic seems to be pushing for when you play as Axis. I feel the real problem here is the ability to blob infantry (USF + OKW are the primary factions in which most players utilize the whole “massed-blob” strat.), which I personally believe is a whole different debate to be had. That’s just my impressions, though.
11 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM

How about few different upgrades for Volks?

- 90 muni Schreck
- 90 muni 3x MP44
- 50 muni - unlocking PzFaust
- something like that

This must come along with some change to Obers or LMG to have a reason to chose MP44 over Obers.
11 Feb 2015, 15:02 PM

Turn volksgrenadiers into poor man's grenadiers and sturmpios into poor man's panzergrenadiers...not sure right way to go.Change is needed but above is useless.
11 Feb 2015, 15:45 PM

Turn volksgrenadiers into poor man's grenadiers and sturmpios into poor man's panzergrenadiers...not sure right way to go.Change is needed but above is useless.

You still can go for schreck so what's the problem?
AI upgrade can be useful if someone wants to skip T4.

11 Feb 2015, 15:46 PM

Since all I've done so far is bitch about the problem, this is roughly how I would address it.
1. Remove Schrecks from Volks.
2. Add P.Faust to Volks, available straight off the bat without rech requirement at 30 munis. This alleviates OKWs extreme earlygame vulnerability to clown cars.
3. Significantly buff Püppchen, decrease aim time, give green cover to crew, add 5 range. This would bring it more in line with conventional AT guns and would hopefully make up for the overall lost AT capability, asymetry be damned.
4. Tune down Volks vet requirements somewhat, allow purchase of x3 StGW 44s for 90 munis once one truck has been deployed. This should allow Volks some utility and lategame viability, while still leaving the heavy AI to Obers/call-in Inf.
11 Feb 2015, 15:53 PM

Since all I've done so far is bitch about the problem, this is roughly how I would address it.
1. Remove Schrecks from Volks.
2. Add P.Faust to Volks, available straight off the bat without rech requirement at 30 munis. This alleviates OKWs extreme earlygame vulnerability to clown cars.
3. Significantly buff Püppchen, decrease aim time, give green cover to crew, add 5 range. This would bring it more in line with conventional AT guns and would hopefully make up for the overall lost AT capability, asymetry be damned.
4. Tune down Volks vet requirements somewhat, allow purchase of x3 StGW 44s for 90 munis once one truck has been deployed. This should allow Volks some utility and lategame viability, while still leaving the heavy AI to Obers/call-in Inf.

No, not STGs. Mp40s for each member. This is my only comment to what you wrote. What you described is one of the viable solutions to this eternal problem, not being the only one though.
11 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 15:53 PMJohnnyB

No, not STGs. Mp40s for each member. This is my only comment to what you wrote. What you described is one of the viable solutions to this eternal problem, not being the only one though.

Consider the fate of the Assgrens. They work literally only in the first-second engagement, and even then its situational - its not easy to get into conversational range with weak-ass no armor entities like Volks, especially against Rifles. MP 40s just suck too bad, and at the stage you'd be able to purchase them they would be an outright downgrade.
11 Feb 2015, 17:36 PM

Why not just make Volks 240 MP and Conscript 2.0 longer range DPS Scripts win up close blah blah blah. Give them Pfaust and sure they will outscale conscripts but lets be honest here. What doesnt?

If you give them STG44s and keep their Vet the same ummmm 235 MP non doctrinal Shock Troops anyone?
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS