Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
10 Feb 2015, 21:21 PM

At Vet0 they are only slightly worse than Cons. Rifles are different matter as they are the strongest core infantry unit atm. At Vet3 they equall to Cons or maybe slightly better (don't remember exact numbers). At Vet4 they are already better.
Early game you're supposed to utilize Volks with Kubel and Sturmpios. No buff is required.

Back in the halcyon days of WFA release people spammed Sturmpio's like crazy because of how good they were (they were then nerfed heavily ofc), nary a volks was seen until people were forced to make them. If you bring volks back into the eh category by making them basically slightly better Oustruppen people will just start spamming Pio's and Kubels again.

Not to mention the fact you want to remove the very thing that makes them vet up so darn fast, so If they are scaling like every other infantry in the game until vet 3 they are going to remain inferior to cons and riflemen. What point is there to making them if you have to wait until vet 3 for them to be equal to cons?

If you want to remove the shrek (that's fine) you need to give them something in return! Many people have suggested multiple things already in this very thread.

You do also know that you could make the argument that every unit in the game is fine as long as you utilize it with other things right?
10 Feb 2015, 21:38 PM

Permanently Banned

Back in the halcyon days of WFA release people spammed Sturmpio's like crazy because of how good they were (they were then nerfed heavily ofc), nary a volks was seen until people were forced to make them. If you bring volks back into the eh category by making them basically slightly better Oustruppen people will just start spamming Pio's and Kubels again.

Not to mention the fact you want to remove the very thing that makes them vet up so darn fast, so If they are scaling like every other infantry in the game until vet 3 they are going to remain inferior to cons and riflemen. What point is there to making them if you have to wait until vet 3 for them to be equal to cons?

If you want to remove the shrek (that's fine) you need to give them something in return! Many people have suggested multiple things already in this very thread.

You do also know that you could make the argument that every unit in the game is fine as long as you utilize it with other things right?

Volks dont have any issues vs cons or rifles.

1. They can build sandbags

2. They scale better shit wayy better

3. shrek consistently snipes multiple models

4. they are always supported by elite infantry and mg's
10 Feb 2015, 21:50 PM

Volks dont have any issues vs cons or rifles.

1. They can build sandbags

2. They scale better shit wayy better

3. shrek consistently snipes multiple models

4. they are always supported by elite infantry and mg's

Cons or rifles don't have an issues vs volks

1. They can build sand bags

2. They vet up fasters and have AT grenades and regular grenades plus smoke

3. Bazooka consistently snipes multiple models

4. They are always support by elite infantry and mg's.
10 Feb 2015, 22:05 PM

Permanently Banned

Cons or rifles don't have an issues vs volks

1. They can build sand bags

2. They vet up fasters and have AT grenades and regular grenades plus smoke

3. Bazooka consistently snipes multiple models

4. They are always support by elite infantry and mg's.

OHHH PLEASE!

1. even with sandbaggs cons suck. and shrek will destroy cover in one shot. and rifles require rifle company. Again when supported and vetted. volks will come on top

2. BAHAHAHAHAHA i dont even.. But thanks for the laugh

3. How dare you compare a side-grade to an upgrade that volks must get. I will be happy to explain the difference between a side-grade and an upgrade.

4. Complete BS. unless u go airborn usf has nothing. Mg' also comes too late. Scott isnt worth the purchase most of the time. its too niche. and shermans get forced back.

All sov have that is usefull is snipers and shocks. sovits will need to use combined arms and arty to stand a change. While all OKW has to do is spam volks (which are actually more spammable than cons). get t4 get double obers. Then wait for panther. Even better they have a commander that gives them a command panther. Praise relic for rewarding shit players with the GOD faction.
10 Feb 2015, 22:07 PM

Ratchet, do you even play CoH2? Volks are outclassed from the very beginning until mid game. Rifles absolutely destroy Volks as well as Conscripts. Honestly, I don't think you even play the game judging by your "opinions" which are factually wrong.
10 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM

OHHH PLEASE!

1. even with sandbaggs cons suck. and shrek will destroy cover in one shot. and rifles require rifle company. Again when supported and vetted. volks will come on top

2. BAHAHAHAHAHA i dont even.. But thanks for the laugh

3. How dare you compare a side-grade to an upgrade that volks must get. I will be happy to explain the difference between a side-grade and an upgrade.

4. Complete BS. unless u go airborn usf has nothing. Mg' also comes too late. Scott isnt worth the purchase most of the time. its too niche. and shermans get forced back.

All sov have that is usefull is snipers and shocks. sovits will need to use combined arms and arty to stand a change. While all OKW has to do is spam volks (which are actually more spammable than cons). get t4 get double obers. Then wait for panther. Even better they have a commander that gives them a command panther. Praise relic for rewarding shit players with the GOD faction.

The Volk shrek can only destroy rifle/volk sand bags in one shot. The entire point I'm trying to make is that you can take any unit and justify it as being fine by bringing other units into the equation. And if you don't want volks spam then try giving OKW some fuel to spend their MP on other things then please :)
10 Feb 2015, 22:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Ratchet, do you even play CoH2? Volks are outclassed from the very beginning until mid game. .

If you let them lose. L2 use cover and support your infantry.
10 Feb 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned

The Volk shrek can only destroy rifle/volk sand bags in one shot. The entire point I'm trying to make is that you can take any unit and justify it as being fine by bringing other units into the equation. And if you don't want volks spam then try giving OKW some fuel to spend their MP on other things then please :)

The only thing OKw "needs" is a mp penalty
10 Feb 2015, 22:16 PM

The only thing OKw "needs" is a mp penalty

Why? It already have a munitions and fuel penalty. If you want MP to be spent on other things then you need to make it so you can do so, rather than gating everything behind high fuel costs.

IMO lower the fuel cost on OKW tanks but ramp up the MP cost.
10 Feb 2015, 22:27 PM
Donator 33

Volks are outclassed from the very beginning until mid game. Rifles absolutely destroy Volks as well as Conscripts.

Rifles stomp every inf unit at the beginning 1v1. Conscripts vs Volks is an even match. Once Volks hit vet 1 they have a small advantage.

Keep in mind that Volks should get an AI upgrade if they lose their shrecks.

Considering the MP40 is literally the worst submachine gun in the game, it would probably be a lot more fair to give them some StG's (for a price of course). In my suggestion I made them more resemble cons, which thematically and balance wise makes a lot more sense than just making them grens 2.0.

You can't give them MP40s / StGs because they lack the animation for it.

LMGs, Flamethrowers and changing their Kar98 stats is possible.

I'd say give them Gren Kar98s for 60MU and a Flamethrower upgrade (only one upgrade is possible on one squad).

Grens 2.0? All mainline inf units have the same abilities to some extent. Allies are designed to be effective at close-mid range, Axis units are more mid-long range squads.

Volks would be cheaper than Grens with better vet bonuses and better support while doing the same DMG when upgraded.
10 Feb 2015, 22:32 PM

Rifles stomp every inf unit at the beginning 1v1. Conscripts vs Volks is an even match. Once Volks hit vet 1 they have a small advantage.

Keep in mind that Volks should get an AI upgrade if they lose their shrecks.

You can't give them MP40s / StGs because they lack the animation for it.

LMGs, Flamethrowers and changing their Kar98 stats is possible.

I'd say give them Gren Kar98s for 60MU and a Flamethrower upgrade (only one upgrade is possible on one squad).

Grens 2.0? All mainline inf units have the same abilities to some extent. Allies are designed to be effective at close-mid range, Axis units are more mid-long range squads.

Volks would be cheaper than Grens with better vet bonuses and better support while doing the same DMG when upgraded.

How in anyway does it make sense for Volks to throw out their Kar98's to pick up Kar98's? And why limit the upgrade to only 1 volk squad per game?

Just give them the animations for reloading and firing an StG44 and give them 3 for 90 munitions, also: they don't surpass conscripts until vet 3, and were talking vet 0 cons btw. It takes until vet 4 for them to surpass cons in totality, which is pretty insane considering they only cost 5 manpower less.
10 Feb 2015, 22:33 PM

If you let them lose. L2 use cover and support your infantry.

Lol, no. You'll find that most people agree that Volks are outclassed by both Rifles and Conscripts. When playing the US faction, all you have to do is walk up to the Volks and force retreat. If They didn't have shreks, no one would be building Volks because the ONLY thing they have going for them is their shreks.
10 Feb 2015, 22:36 PM

Permanently Banned

Lol, no. You'll find that most people agree that Volks are outclassed by both Rifles and Conscripts. When playing the US faction, all you have to do is walk up to the Volks and force retreat. If They didn't have shreks, no one would be building Volks because the ONLY thing they have going for them is their shreks.

I didnt say they were out classed. But they are better infantry for many reasons.
10 Feb 2015, 22:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Actual CoH2 player here.

Rifles will beat volks at all ranges, and will win decisively at mid and close.
Cons will be volks at close range, and will lose to volks at long range. Mid range they're dead equal.
10 Feb 2015, 22:42 PM

I didnt say they were out classed. But they are better infantry for many reasons.

And those reasons were debunked by several users in this thread. They're not better infantry if we're talking about early-mid game, but they do become good during late game once they reach vet 4/5. Even when they achieve maximum veterancy, their anti-infantry damage output isn't that impressive.

I'd trade Volks for either Rifles or Conscripts because at least I know that my infantry has a chance to win an engagement on their own. With Volks it doesn't matter if you engage at long, medium or short range; you're going to lose the engagement.
10 Feb 2015, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 22:40 PMRazh
Actual CoH2 player here.

Rifles will beat volks at all ranges, and will win decisively at mid and close.
Cons will be volks at close range, and will lose to volks at long range. Mid range they're dead equal.

If you get lucky with RNG and both squads in green cover volks can beat cons at mid to long range, but that's almost never the case due to how small maps currently are in most game mods. But yeah volks suffer for all the reasons Ostheer suffers early game, allied infantry is really really good.
10 Feb 2015, 22:50 PM

You know that Volks have nowhere near the DPS to kill a rifle squad/multiple rifle squads before they get into close range combat right? It's not that hard to just rush a buttload of cons/rifles or shocks up to someone and thrash them.
10 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

So you live in an alternate reality?

in what patch did volks loose to cons at long range?

How trash are you to let rifles and cons get into close range?

honestly.

Every issue u post on these forums are not l2p issues.

They are retard issues

I actually live in reality, unlike you where in your head Volks are the best early, mid and late game infantry. Anyways, it's clear that you don't quite understand this game, or you're just ignoring facts due to Allied bias. It's a fact that Rifles win at any engagement versus Volks; you're literally the only one arguing that they're better than Rifles. Conscripts is a toss up, but 9 out of 10 times, they'll win the engagement.

My playercard speaks for itself, it's not a L2P issue. You also mostly play 4v4's as well, so might I suggest that you play some 1v1's and 2v2's? You'll find that Volks are the worst main infantry unit in the game, when it comes to infantry versus infantry. The only thing that's keeping Volks alive is because of their Panzershreks. Take them away and Volks are effectively useless.
10 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM

You know that Volks have nowhere near the DPS to kill a rifle squad/multiple rifle squads before they get into close range combat right? It's not that hard to just rush a buttload of cons/rifles or shocks up to someone and thrash them.

I'm quite sure that specifically with this in mind there is this little thing they can build from T0.

Also, they get 50% rec acc modifier and 2x 30% acc modifier with vet, they will obliterate any other infantry in slugfest with time while still being cheapest to maintain themselves.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS