Login

russian armor

soviet vs okw matchup

PAGES (8)down
25 Jan 2015, 22:38 PM

Every SOV vs OKW matchup in 1v1/2v2

1. SOV gets Flame Car + Sniper(s)
2. OKW must get Flak HT to counter. Every other option fails immediately. (No, you cannot get Puma, because it is too expensive. If They cap your cutoff when you are at 54 fuel, you will take literally 2 minutes to get to 70 fuel for Puma even with convert resources. Meanwhile, your opponent gets a t34)
3. SOV must get T2 because T3/4 is too expensive, or risk losing their cutoff for the rest of the game
4. OKW gets Obers because they are the only infantry unit OKW has that can actually fight other infantry units. Volks lose to conscripts, Sturmpios are a 4-man close range squad.
5. SOV don't have any actual infantry units, so they need to spam snipers + Mines to kill/deter Obers
6. OKW gets a Panther
7. SOV tanks suck so they need to use call-ins to deal with Panther
8. OKW either gets KT and wins or doesn't get KT and loses

This happens EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME.

Replays: Any top 100 1v1 OKW vs Sov

tl;dr Ciez is right, even if you don't accept the fact that SOV has an advantage over OKW, you must accept the fact that the matchup is boring as shit

26 Jan 2015, 06:48 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 22:38 PMdpfarce
Volks lose to conscripts,

U are using them wrong then

26 Jan 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 21:24 PMJaigen

You jst made the classic soviet mistake in 1vs1 games: if you bought tier 1 you CAN still buy tier 2. use tier 1 to gain the advantage then use tier 2 to either press that advantage or negate his flacktrack

With the current T1/T2 prices going there only to get a ZiS gun is not very cost effective, believe me I've tried.
26 Jan 2015, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 22:38 PMdpfarce

8. OKW either gets KT and wins or doesn't get KT and loses

This happens EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME.

I have literally never gotten a KT since i don't like the sluggish, slow moving units. I have still won a majority of my matches as OKW. I can also count the amount of times i met a KT when playing allied on one hand. For me the KT is something rare and far from something that happens in every match. I don't consider the KT meta. Granted, i rarely play 3v3s and 4v4s.
26 Jan 2015, 11:09 AM

With the current T1/T2 prices going there only to get a ZiS gun is not very cost effective, believe me I've tried.

Current tier 1/2 prices are lower then the ostheer tech for going to tier 1 to 2. stop bitching use combined arms . An AT gun is always useful for the soviets because of barrage. and the mortars an maxim are useful to.
26 Jan 2015, 11:11 AM

U are using them wrong then

He is correct you know. on equal footing volks will lose. and the only way for volks with shrek to win from a vet 3 script squad is to have vet 5.
26 Jan 2015, 13:14 PM

Conscripts
Unlocks the 'Trip Wire Flares' ability

+40% accuracy, +25% molotov range

-20% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy, -25% AT grenade recharge

Volks
-10% received accuracy

+30% accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown

Passive Healing, -10% received accuracy

+40% sight range, +30% accuracy

-29% received accuracy

Jaigen you are full of it, using the veterancy guide and stats from:
http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=conscript_squad_mp&squad2=volksgrenadier_squad_mp&commit=Compare

Volks out scale conscripts considerably. at base 0 vet conscripts have a small advantage up until long range. vet one on vet one volks win at about half the ranges because of the reccived incoming accuracy vet bonus. We all know that units suffer penalty for accuracy on the move and conscripts have to leave cover to get in effective range which furthers the gap between conscripts and volks.

As you can clearly see, Volks > cons after vet one. DP is using his volks wrong and watching any streamer would easily demonstrate the combat superiority of volks. He also has a very skew view of the match up and only some of what he says is true.
26 Jan 2015, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 11:11 AMJaigen

He is correct you know. on equal footing volks will lose. and the only way for volks with shrek to win from a vet 3 script squad is to have vet 5.

The only and i mean ONLY time my cons beat volks. is if they are supported, the volks are hurt, or the cons picked up and lmg.

Volks are currently more spammable than cons. i generally have 5-7 volks on the field. and i don't care if i lose more than two. OKW floats mp. So ill just get double obers.

ill also add that my volks rarley fight alone
26 Jan 2015, 15:26 PM

The only and i mean ONLY time my cons beat volks. is if they are supported, the volks are hurt, or the cons picked up and lmg.

At short range and midrange the scripts will win. at long range volks will win. end of story. It will not be an overwhelming victory with the script losing quite few members but they still win.

@ilGetUSomDay

WTF is your point mate. i already acknowledged that volks scale better through vet then scripts.
26 Jan 2015, 16:09 PM

Cons do well against Volks with both at vet 0 at medium range, the problem lies when veteran kicks in. Vet Volks just out class Cons and can compete with Rifiles. Volks were suppose to be a infantry squad similar to Cons but clearly they are the best all around mainline infantry (Shrek upgrades, cheap + Vet Bonuses).
26 Jan 2015, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 15:26 PMJaigen

At short range and midrange the scripts will win. at long range volks will win. end of story. It will not be an overwhelming victory with the script losing quite few members but they still win.

Not "end of story" if ur letting cons get into close range engagements with ur volks. u are being outplayed. Huge l2p issue

additionally, once they reach vet 2, and thats not counting the 3 other vet bonuses volks receive. the only benefit cons have is that they have AT nades.

26 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM
Donator 11

Soviet meta is kinda boring, but at least its not that totally boring as hell and straightforward as OKW meta
27 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 11:09 AMJaigen

Current tier 1/2 prices are lower then the ostheer tech for going to tier 1 to 2. stop bitching use combined arms . An AT gun is always useful for the soviets because of barrage. and the mortars an maxim are useful to.

I'd still say having to pay so much only to be able to get a ZiS gun is bad value as T1 got all the AI I need. No point to support your Cons with Maxims when you have Penals with flamers and Snipers. It is all about being cost effectiv, but I guess this boils down to bad faction design.
It is always frustrating for me to play as Soviet when o just had a game as Wehrmacht when there is answer to everything and you don't have to rely on call ins, cheesy tactics or broken units.
27 Jan 2015, 11:14 AM

I'd still say having to pay so much only to be able to get a ZiS gun is bad value as T1 got all the AI I need. No point to support your Cons with Maxims when you have Penals with flamers and Snipers. It is all about being cost effectiv, but I guess this boils down to bad faction design.
It is always frustrating for me to play as Soviet when o just had a game as Wehrmacht when there is answer to everything and you don't have to rely on call ins, cheesy tactics or broken units.

Really? you have no use for a maxim to lock an area down or use a force multiplier or the indirect fire of the mortar?
27 Jan 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 11:09 AMJaigen

Barrage became crap since infantry doesn't lay down and stop moving after shell explosion nearby.
That means you pay 60 MU for a single very inaccurate shot, because competent player will just move his blob away.
Also it makes fake first shot but barrage indicator already shows up above ZIS gun which makes it possible for opponent to completely avoid the ability if he reacts fast.

AT gun is a curse for soviets, because there basically is no other reliable AT options.
You forced every game to go T2 (from start, or downteching from T1), otherwise you risk to get #R.E.K.T. by fast FlakHT/luchs/Pz.IV/Stug E.

I'm not saying that soviets are weak because of it. It just makes the game extremely boring.
27 Jan 2015, 13:20 PM

Not "end of story" if ur letting cons get into close range engagements with ur volks. u are being outplayed. Huge l2p issue

additionally, once they reach vet 2, and thats not counting the 3 other vet bonuses volks receive. the only benefit cons have is that they have AT nades.

These accusations with "letting x unit to reach close range" are allways making me laugh. How do you deny them to close in range? Using a magic stick or something? They know they have to close in range to be effective and that is what they will do. Period. So how a volks squad deny a cons squad to close in range? Because the discution was about volks vs cons in equal quantities, not supported by MGs or anything else.
If let's say, 3 cons vs 3 volks we can argue that the 3 volks will concentrate fire on one single cons squad in order to inflict as much casualities as possible but in 2 seconds the close quarter established cons will do the same. From a range that is favourable to them.
27 Jan 2015, 13:37 PM

Barrage became crap since infantry doesn't lay down and stop moving after shell explosion nearby.
That means you pay 60 MU for a single very inaccurate shot, because competent player will just move his blob away.
Also it makes fake first shot but barrage indicator already shows up above ZIS gun which makes it possible for opponent to completely avoid the ability if he reacts fast.

i expect that from every competent player. barrage and nades for that matter are for the most part area denial abilities and if it kills the better but i dont use them to kill squads just to displace them.
27 Jan 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 11:14 AMJaigen

Really? you have no use for a maxim to lock an area down or use a force multiplier or the indirect fire of the mortar?

See, problem is Maxim doesn't lock down areas. It can suppress a squad or two but it won't stop blob.
Have you ever used Soviet mortar? Besides I prefer to get Penals + flamer than Mortar. Even if I have to clean up a support weapon. Works better.
27 Jan 2015, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 13:37 PMJaigen

i expect that from every competent player. barrage and nades for that matter are for the most part area denial abilities and if it kills the better but i dont use them to kill squads just to displace them.

Of course you use them to kill.

Otherwise,
"An AT gun is always useful for the soviets because of barrage"
+
"barrage and nades for that matter are for the most part area denial abilities"
=
"An AT gun is always useful for the soviets because of area denial abilities"
which is bullpudding.
27 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

OKW are weak as chicken piss until they can push obers and a panther out, before that it's just an uphill battle against Conspam, a clowncar and shocks(Moving on to the generic call in spam).

There's practically a window until you can upgrade double shreks where the sov player can burn all of your forces with a scout car while you are helpless to do anything
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS