Login

russian armor

soviet vs okw matchup

PAGES (8)down
2 Feb 2015, 18:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 13:32 PMgreeen
Some statistics from coh2 leaderboards.
Win/lose ratio for all games by top 25 ranked players.
Code
1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4
sov 2,9 1,6 1,4 1,4
ost 2,8 1,7 2,3 2,5
okw 3,4 3,2 4,2 5,2
usf 3,3 2 2 1,5

And i guess that is all random.
2 Feb 2015, 21:01 PM

It is from non arranged team games if this is what you mean.
2 Feb 2015, 21:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 21:01 PMgreeen
It is from non arranged team games if this is what you mean.

Yep, that was what i meant. BTW is this their current W/L or is it for the last patch (basically a couple of months).

While the results are obvious, the conclusions might be completely wrong.
2 Feb 2015, 22:47 PM

It is current W/L.
The data was extracted from http://www.companyofheroes.com/en_gb/coh2-leaderboards
Now i checked if there are copies of it in internet archive.
Turns out there is only one copy from Feb 2014 and the number of games played is similar to the ones from now. My guess is that there was a stats reset after WFA. Unfortunatelly i wont be able to do comparisons because of only this one old copy.

I agree that its hard to conclude anything useful but it gives an impression that okw is the strongest overall and soviet weakest.
3 Feb 2015, 00:08 AM
Donator 11

Soviets are stuck with the weakest inf in the game and total dependance on call ins

Soviets need an overall buff
3 Feb 2015, 05:16 AM

If u use soviets properly. they can rape.

My main problem with okw is past a certain point. Your infantry simply cannont compete. Even on a basic level. So you have to go for scout car and hope for early wipes

Get double or even tripple sniper. Get katy to punish blob. Wait for call-ins

Reapeat.

If you even try to deviate from the meta. You get punished hard.

Ive beaten many as OKW an forgot to choose a commander. OKW is simply the worst decisions relic has ever made in terms of faction design.

Yea i said it. Even worse than brits

Get katy even if they dont blob the thing absolutely wrecks on a def line. Triple sniper is also a nightmare to deal with. As for the commander thing, thats more of a product of Axis. On ost I generally dont pick a commander til much later, I typically only pick one earlier if there is a def build up (mortar ht) or I realize there is a is2 doc present. as OKW I tend to go default to special operations.
3 Feb 2015, 06:17 AM

Permanently Banned

Get katy even if they dont blob the thing absolutely wrecks on a def line. Triple sniper is also a nightmare to deal with. As for the commander thing, thats more of a product of Axis. On ost I generally dont pick a commander til much later, I typically only pick one earlier if there is a def build up (mortar ht) or I realize there is a is2 doc present. as OKW I tend to go default to special operations.

Thats my point. With allies, you have to pick ur commander early. Or atleast think about it. As axis u generally dont, unless ur playing as Ost in a 1v1
3 Feb 2015, 17:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2015, 22:47 PMgreeen
It is current W/L.
The data was extracted from http://www.companyofheroes.com/en_gb/coh2-leaderboards
Now i checked if there are copies of it in internet archive.
Turns out there is only one copy from Feb 2014 and the number of games played is similar to the ones from now. My guess is that there was a stats reset after WFA. Unfortunatelly i wont be able to do comparisons because of only this one old copy.

I agree that its hard to conclude anything useful but it gives an impression that okw is the strongest overall and soviet weakest.

There was never a stat reset, that's why i'm saying your table is useless. There was a guy on the official forums who was drawing the results for the top200 bar AT, by checking the results coming from each day. This was at least useful on seeing the performance of factions on 1v1 up to some point from patch to patch.

The problem with 2v2+ and somehow 1v1, is that it doesn't take into account match ups/maps etc. Also, theres a difference between ease of use and faction potential.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 853
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak