Login

russian armor

Bug patch fixes

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
16 Jan 2015, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 23:29 PMCabreza
The lesson here appears to be that the best way to get a bug fixed is to abuse it on stream until the entire forums explode in frothing rage over it.

MVRelic:foreveralone:

It's always the case in gaming history, or even our society, some may said it is bullshit, but it is how things actually work.
I really appreciate Price doing that in this manner.

Why Relic didn't bother doing anything,

Possibly reason 1,
They don't know, but some said it exist since Alpha so it is not valid

Possibly reason 2,
No one abusing it, so don't fix what is not broken
If no one is breaking the game, who knows it is broken

=> Relic: Who fucking cares

Only solution forcing Dev fixing it, making it everyone knows
=> "Fine" exploit become "Broken"

For the victims of the exploit before, the only solution is NOT playing axis for a while, is it so hard?
16 Jan 2015, 10:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah, it wasn't the Chinese guy bringing it everyones attention who deserves any credit (Thank you Hikuran)

It wasn't the admins and clan leaders contacting relic quietly offline to report it discreetly (You know who you are)

No, all the credit goes to people who decided to troll with this, and then scream about how they were persecuted for doing so.

The ammount of correlation = causation and self justifying narcissim on display here is truly impressive

16 Jan 2015, 10:57 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Yeah, it wasn't the Chinese guy bringing it everyones attention who deserves any credit (Thank you Hikuran)

China > Poland :P
16 Jan 2015, 11:19 AM

It wasn't the admins and clan leaders contacting relic quietly offline to report it discreetly (You know who you are)

No, all the credit goes to people who decided to troll with this, and then scream about how they were persecuted for doing so.

The ammount of correlation = causation and self justifying narcissim on display here is truly impressive

+1
16 Jan 2015, 12:03 PM
Patrion 14

well said and thanks for the patch relic
16 Jan 2015, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 23:45 PMMittens
Time to blow up the forums with our demands for a new patch XD

Patch cooldown reset to 0, now we wait another 2 months to see something they are really excited about, but can't tell us because we would go batshit crazy and kill ourselves or something. :bananadance:
16 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

+1 There is nothing to add here besides that this:

Abuses won the game!!!!!!!!! - Shame you all people who shitting at me!!! Hahahahaha

..is without any doubt the saddest thing i ever read in my whole life. I feel sorry for you CaptainSPrice, i really do.
16 Jan 2015, 12:49 PM
Donator 11

Hard to say anything else ;)
16 Jan 2015, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
With Relic speed to fix somthing, i believe that Poland send a ship into the space before Relic fix somthing :snfCHVGame:.
16 Jan 2015, 13:22 PM

yeah, the way to get things fixed is to spread it as far and wide as possible so that it ruins match making and relic has to fix it.

OKW ruins the match for everyone else, they haven't seem to have fixed that yet MVGame
16 Jan 2015, 13:28 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

First right of the batch: Excellent post VanVoort that sums it up pretty well!

Second: My deepest condolences to all those who consider the abusers as "heroes". You are just as poor as the abusers themselves.
16 Jan 2015, 19:25 PM
Benefactor 355

Thank you Hikuran if you reported dis, but (unfortunately or not) Relic does not do well with individual requests.
The rest of van Voort's post only slightly projects da objective truth and dis is why:

While it is true dat a lot of clan leaders, admins, casual players, pros and others who mean well to coh2 used different ways to report this issue to Relic, it is also true dat such turnout would not be possible without an initial catalyst. Like him or hate him, SPrice (unlike Hikuran or any individual admin, clan leader etc) managed to create a massive outburst of community disgust and anger towards da issue dat Relic could not ignore it which resulted in rather quick resolution.

Credit goes to all people dat took time and effort to pressure relic through Facebook, Twitter, forums and private messages; however, you also have to give credit to SPrice who took da initiative and made dis issue highly relevant.

Da point about prosecution is fundamentally flawed. Might I remind everyone dat SPrice clearly stated on da strim dat he is doing dis with a specific objective in mind. Say what you want, but he didn't use any 3rd party tools, nor influence da game outcome using techniques dat are not controlled by da game.

Now da prime reason why he was sanctioned was because Budwise and Noislow got butthurt after he demonstrated da exploit against them. In da true Reborn fashion they quickly jumped on the opportunity to sanction him for a bullshit reason of "coh2 does not promote use of known exploits". If that was da reason behind sanction, a sane human being can't help but wonder where was Reborn moral when the whole coh2 streaming community was exploiting Truck Crushing (which Noun also regarded an exploit) or when Raz (gud friend of Ceiz) and others were running wild with hacks. They were probably busy playing other games, complaining how coh2 is shit, and did absolutely nothing to make da game better. Hypocrisy at its best.

16 Jan 2015, 20:00 PM

Who cares that Reborn and RtN didn't do things openly, for or against this exploit. They didn't abuse it, that's for sure.

Also, 'da' and 'dat' doesn't make your writing cool. It just makes you look thick (not saying you are thick, as I'm sure you're not, it just makes you seem that way).
16 Jan 2015, 20:25 PM
Benefactor 355

Also, 'da' and 'dat' doesn't make your writing cool. It just makes you look thick (not saying you are thick, as I'm sure you're not, it just makes you seem that way).

I am of da opinion dat some form of illiteracy makes you look like you mean business. Hell, I even tattooed word "DEAHT" on my knuckles to make me look more dangerous. #MVGame
16 Jan 2015, 20:28 PM

Da truth from 'is mind

Sorry to burst yo bubble but Price waz late to da party. Ppl had already exploited da bug before Price, da forum had a long thread about it and Relic was also informed of the discovery by site admins and dis here soutbox was brimming with comments about the bug... all before Price did anything.

But congratz to Price for abusing a known exploit in automatch, right?
16 Jan 2015, 20:31 PM

I am of da opinion dat some form of illiteracy makes you look like you mean business. Hell, I even tattooed word "DEAHT" on my knuckles to make me look more dangerous. #MVGame

Just remember to apply moisturizer on dem everyday.
16 Jan 2015, 21:19 PM

Easily the worst thread of 2015.
16 Jan 2015, 21:36 PM
Benefactor 355

Just remember to apply moisturizer on dem everyday.

Do not worry.
16 Jan 2015, 21:37 PM

thank you chinese coh2 community!!
16 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM

+1 great post.

Time to let the chest beating monkeys think they deserve credit for something they had no positive impact on. I hope relic follows up on their promise to take action against those that exploited in automatch.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS