Login

russian armor

Suggestion to improve late game infantry for Soviet faction.

2 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM

As many players know, Soviets lacks of powerful infantry if you does not count with doctrinal troops, so choosing a proper commander is really important for them if they want to be able to fight Axis infantry.

I wont talk with numbers, I dont think this is needed due most of you will agree, but if you will be only able to face Axis infantry if you gain enough veterany for your squads.

The thing is, if you play as Soviet, you got this non-doctrinal choices:

Conscripts: 240MP, they are only effective if they fight under cover or big groups (I use to use 3 conscript squad).

Penal Batallion: 270MP, flamethrower helps against infantry, but even being superior in numbers they will fall against Axis veteran troops.

Axis non doctrinal units are:

- wehrmacht

Grenadiers: 240MP, 4 squad with powerful rifle grenaders. They are performing as intented in my opinion, and got a nice stat scale when they get veterany.

Panzergrenadiers: 330MP if I dont badly remember, properly performing at most ranges and armor according to the price of the unit, and very powerful vs tanks.

-OKW:

sturmpioniere: 330MP, effective at close range, if you want to defeat them 1 squad vs 1 squad, you need to fire from range and use cover, otherwise you will need focus fire from 2 squads.

Voksgrenadiers: 235, 5 squad better performing than conscripts and able to buy 1 AT weapon, with a really high veterany scale. No comments about this unit

Obersoldaten: 400MP, great armor and firepower, and you dont even need to buy the LMG34 that they use (I dont know why, most of all squads need to pay ammo to get a kick ass weapon).

As you can see, we have got a serious power difference between non-doctrinal troops, and using a armor to counter them may be a dangerous option, because most of them can have a panzershreck or break your engine.

after that, I think most of people will agree that non-doctrinal infantry game for Soviets need to be change somehow, and here is my suggestion: Conscripts having the hability to "evolve" when they gain veterany.

I would give them the posibility to, when veterany 3 reached, evolve to "elite infantry squad", paying a price of MP (not really high, they already cost 240MP and another 150-200 would be unfair), so they get better weapons, armor and stats, veterany getting reset to 0.

I would give the posibility for conscripts to "transfer" veterany when they use the "merge" ability.

For example, you have a squad with 6 units with 30 points. That means that the total EXP per unit is 5. If you merge to another squad 3 soldiers, you will transfer 15 points to the unit that receive the merge.

I hope you like the idea.

PD: Sorry about the troubles Im having when I try to post, error 500 is killing me lol.
3 Dec 2014, 02:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 19:54 PMMXZ239
I would give them the posibility to, when veterany 3 reached, evolve to "elite infantry squad", paying a price of MP (not really high, they already cost 240MP and another 150-200 would be unfair), so they get better weapons, armor and stats, veterany getting reset to 0.

I like this idea, you could call them Frontoviki (a Russian name for combat veterans). You could go further and give them some SMG's (who's DPS doesn't sink lower than their rifles).

It's unique and it gives an excuse to use this amazing unit icon:

3 Dec 2014, 03:12 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Suggestion to improve late game infantry combat in general - remove received accuracy vet bonuses. Ever wondered why nobody cares to take cover in the late game? There you go. Would solve Ober problems aswell.
3 Dec 2014, 03:30 AM

Ever wondered why nobody cares to take cover in the late game? There you go. Would solve Ober problems aswell.

Or it could be because 90% of cover doesn't last until the late game, and new cover (sandbags, walls, tank wrecks) are killed in one-two hit by any explosive projectile or run over. Vehicles can be used as cover too but it's questionable in effectiveness and doesn't always work.
3 Dec 2014, 03:47 AM

I like this idea, you could call them Frontoviki (a Russian name for combat veterans). You could go further and give them some SMG's (who's DPS doesn't sink lower than their rifles).

It's unique and it gives an excuse to use this amazing unit icon:

You just want that icon! :D

How about giving those vet 3 conscripts a DP at least? That would help a little bit.

In the mean time can the DP get a buff while guards get only one of them now.
3 Dec 2014, 04:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 03:47 AMsteel

I do, it's beautiful :wub:
3 Dec 2014, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Suggestion to improve late game infantry combat in general - remove received accuracy vet bonuses. Ever wondered why nobody cares to take cover in the late game? There you go. Would solve Ober problems aswell.

In that case we should also remove accuracy buffs which makes some units get over 100% accuracy at certain ranges
3 Dec 2014, 06:24 AM

What would vet 3 "Frontoviki" look like? Rage Penals? Maybe on par with vet 5 Obers
3 Dec 2014, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 03:47 AMsteel

How about giving those vet 3 conscripts a DP at least? That would help a little bit.

In the mean time can the DP get a buff while guards get only one of them now.

Even better, if you could upgrade them with PPSH or PTRS to improve their AI or AT capabilities.

The thing is, non doctrinal russian troops need some tools to face late game non-doctrinal infantry, and I think this idea would not buff Soviets, just a fair reward for veterany/troops conservation.
3 Dec 2014, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 11:53 AMMXZ239

Even better, if you could upgrade them with PPSH or PTRS to improve their AI or AT capabilities.

The thing is, non doctrinal russian troops need some tools to face late game non-doctrinal infantry, and I think this idea would not buff Soviets, just a fair reward for veterany/troops conservation.
You could give them 5 vets as well. :snfPeter:
3 Dec 2014, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 12:45 PMsteel
You could give them 5 vets as well. :snfPeter:
Or a free kick ass LMG :snfAmi:
3 Dec 2014, 15:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Penals: replace vet 1 ability with passive Zeal. For every model lost, increase effectiveness of the squad.

For the other units: you don't need to tone up everysingle unit to lategame LMG damage levels. Either doing the opposite.
3 Dec 2014, 18:53 PM

Make Obers pay for their LMG upgrade like everyone else lol!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★