Login

russian armor

About the B-4

PAGES (23)down
2 Jan 2015, 17:50 PM

Sure I'll grant you that.

But B-4 has shorter max range and only one chance RNG will bless you.

If i read the stats correctly, both the ml-20 and the B4 have the same range (250).
Could you provide me with the source that states that the B4 has shorter range?
2 Jan 2015, 17:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

And yet despite the alleged game breakingness of this unit, it doesn't seem to be any more popular than it was pre-WFA

http://www.coh2.org/topic/28920/uses-for-unloved-units-end-year-update
2 Jan 2015, 18:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If i read the stats correctly, both the ml-20 and the B4 have the same range (250).

ML20 does get a range buff as it gets vetted
2 Jan 2015, 18:01 PM

Im not saying the B-4 isn't strong, Im saying it is neither gamebreaking nor overpowering, and while it being a strong unit, like many others it needs special care taken inorder to negate it and finally destroy it.

But I get the underlying problem you all are getting to. The squadwipes you just cannot avoid. You play great, everything is going alright and suddenly, close to no warning BAM fully vetted squad(s) are gone, scream REELLICCC all you want and blame the game, but you have some responsibility too.
I believe this perceived design flaw stems from an attempt by relic to allow for combacks and avoid a snowballing infantry. Right or wrong thats why we see alot of weapons with great wiping potential. And the only way to remove these units and wiping potential completely would be redoing the game.

I agree with these points. I love playing axis, and I hate the B-4 alot; however, there is a degree of responsibility upon the Axis player when a B-4 wipes a squad or squads. There are signs that a B-4 doctrine has been chosen, you know how the B-4 acts, its reload and rotation times. Knowing how to counter and or survive against weapons upon the CoH2 battlefield is a learning process.
FYI Im not a bear nor do I think that only the Stuka is a counter to the B-4. There are many counters tbh even if they are in the base(which is rare because of the fact that its range is terrible lol).
2 Jan 2015, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And yet despite the alleged game breakingness of this unit, it doesn't seem to be any more popular than it was pre-WFA

http://www.coh2.org/topic/28920/uses-for-unloved-units-end-year-update

Popularity by achievements is kinda silly. Its a doctrinal unit on a premium commander, this means less people would have it.

Sure I'll grant you that.

But B-4 has shorter max range and only one chance RNG will bless you.

Just like any other indirect fire unit. Other static artillery pieces have it worst, since they no longer have saturation capabilities. You expect to deal damage on the first 2 shells unless you are hitting something like HQ.

While mostly B4 vet is what should change, i think a revamp on static artilleries in general should be made and/or work on the base defenses.
To be honest, i have more problem with the excuses people make to defend it rather than the unit on itself :P
2 Jan 2015, 18:14 PM

Popularity by achievements is kinda silly. Its a doctrinal unit on a premium commander, this means less people would have it.

So is Elite Troops commander and its hard to find someone who haven't got the game in the last month and doesn't have it, so it being DLC/drop doctrine really have nothing to do with popularity.

If doctrine is good, people WILL buy it en mass, like they did and still do with Elite Troops.

This is a doctrine of great risk and reward as you might wipe a squad or two, maybe a tank if you are lucky, but you will loose 600mp you saved up for 3 minutes or more in 2 clicks by a wehr player.
2 Jan 2015, 18:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yet there are doctrinal units that are popular; and if a unit is having wide ranging effects upon the meta I would expect that to show in its popularity - yet it's barely budged in 9 months

So no, it is very far from a perfect system, especially as how WFA isn't in there; but it's more objective than forum warring.
2 Jan 2015, 18:20 PM

I think it's pretty clear by now that the "Angy Bears" have a certain agenda in mind with these posts, and may I add, that agenda is obviously not a a balanced game.

And yes, please provide us with a proper replay of you guys playing as axis vs. skilled allied opponents using B-4. No map veto, no stuka dive bomb. Go ahead and surprise this community. At the moment you are just making fools out of yourselves.

Yes. The Angry Bears do have an agenda. We are tired of our primary game mode (4's and 3's) being ignored by Relic and the community at large. I formed the Angry Bears during the small weapons profiles introduction patch. You want to talk balanced game? I lived through 'the balance' and created the largest, most active CoH2 clan.

In regards to the B-4 discussion it is following the common posting trend of the forum right now. "Indirect fire unit XXX killed my unit please nerf" threads are the new Kublewagon threads.

• It is war. Units die.
  • The B4 operates on gold ammo. At 600 MP, +time to Vet 1, +Gold ammo, +The limitless counters I consider this unit balanced.
  • A players laziness to change and adapt to the battlefield conditions does not mean a unit is OP.
  • See a Recon plane? Move your expensive units.

As per your replay request, get out. No map vetos? No use of Stuka bombs? You must not have much experience in the 4's game mode. Our normal 4's Axis kit always includes Air superiority or any another of the doctrines with a off map artillery ability.

Get used to seeing our signatures most often. We are large. We are Bears and we are very angry.

(PS: Priests > ML-20 > B4 > LeFH)
2 Jan 2015, 18:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Got the game since beta, doesn't have Elite :(

Anyways, i think you are intelligent enough to understand that achivements are useless to back up performance/balance of a unit and it's mechanic.

2 Jan 2015, 18:36 PM

nerf B4 because axis have no counter aginst it!

omg...
2 Jan 2015, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 18:20 PMNapalm

• It is war. Units die.
  • The B4 operates on gold ammo. At 600 MP, +time to Vet 1, +Gold ammo, +The limitless counters I consider this unit balanced.
  • A players laziness to change and adapt to the battlefield conditions does not mean a unit is OP.

Not sure if just stupid or trolling...
2 Jan 2015, 18:58 PM

Eh, Napalm, like, seriously?
2 Jan 2015, 19:00 PM

Not sure if just stupid or trolling...

Did you just call our most Bearific President stupid?
2 Jan 2015, 19:03 PM

I was under the impression that it had, my mistake
2 Jan 2015, 19:04 PM

Did you just call our most Bearific President stupid?

If he isn't trolling, then yes I did.
2 Jan 2015, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 18:20 PMNapalm

Yes. The Angry Bears do have an agenda. We are tired of our primary game mode (4's and 3's) being ignored by Relic and the community at large. I formed the Angry Bears during the small weapons profiles introduction patch. You want to talk balanced game? I lived through 'the balance' and created the largest, most active CoH2 clan.

In regards to the B-4 discussion it is following the common posting trend of the forum right now. "Indirect fire unit XXX killed my unit please nerf" threads are the new Kublewagon threads.

• It is war. Units die.

As per your replay request, get out. No map vetos? No use of Stuka bombs? You must not have much experience in the 4's game mode. Our normal 4's Axis kit always includes Air superiority or any another of the doctrines with a off map artillery ability.

Get used to seeing our signatures most often. We are large. We are Bears and we are very angry.

(PS: Priests > ML-20 > B4 > LeFH)

We all have lived "through" the balance and things have gotten much better, I guess we can at least agree on that. What I don't understand is what your clan's history or your status in that clan has to do with this thread. If you would like to flatter your ego, please do that in your own forums.

As has been pointed out in many posts already, the B-4 vet bonuses and its recharge time are far from balanced. Your "suggestions" can only be regarded as trolling in its purest form. With those kind of weak arguments we would still have the original Tiger Ace, Soviet Industry or ISU-152.

The fact that you are referring to your clan's 4vs4 commander kits just shows me that you are evading the challenge here. Try 2vs2 without the aforementioned Stuka dive bomb perk and let us know how you handled the equally skilled Allied team. For that you would have to play Axis for a change though and leave your comfortable 3v3 or 4vs4 experience.
2 Jan 2015, 20:12 PM

The fact that you are referring to your clan's 4vs4 commander kits just shows me that you are evading the challenge here. Try 2vs2 without the aforementioned Stuka dive bomb perk and let us know how you handled the equally skilled Allied team. For that you would have to play Axis for a change though and leave your comfortable 3v3 or 4vs4 experience.

This is imposing your own handicap on the game, you have 6 commanders available one should have stuka strike. Why handicap yourself? Well because you want to play your way and do not wish to adapt to what the enemy is doing.
2 Jan 2015, 20:16 PM

When you attack my clan you attack me. I would never pick a Doctrine without some sort of a off map bombardment when I see a Soviet Commander with the B4. This is one of the points I'm attempting to get at. There are plenty to pick from. You have 3 Doctrine slots. Select wisely.
2 Jan 2015, 20:27 PM

Not everybody plays AT to begin with. Secondly, "6 commanders" only applies to double OH, and of course not everybody wants to be forced to include one specific commander in his loadout in order not to have to concede the game more or less automatically. No single unit or ability should require one specific hardcounter in order not to break the game, unless you wanna advocate something like the ever so pleaseant "I has ISU/but I has Jagdtiger" meta...

@Napalm: This braggaddacio is kinda embarrasing. We get it, BEARS STRONK1111, and such, but cant you celebrate yourself in your clan forum or something?

Also, quit bullshitting. Your playercard shows what, 10 Axis games total? I don't reckon you have that much experience with the receiving end of the B-4.
2 Jan 2015, 20:42 PM

Might I recommend finding a AT if you want to play this game competitively? Don't doubt the synergy between 1 OH and 1 OKW player in the 2's game mode. Off map artillery is only one hardcoutner to the B4. Spanning elite infantry behind enemy lines to de-crew it is just as popular as off map artillery.

The specific hard counter meta will always exist in this game. There is no way around it. It is the way the factions are designed.

Don't let my player card fool you. I might not be good at Axis (Or this game in general) but I play them and enjoy them. Ostruppen is my favorite Doctrine in the entire game, period.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS