Login

russian armor

How to deal early game German engineer spam?

4 Dec 2014, 21:20 PM

What maps? What mode(s)? And are you talking about Ostheer engineers or OKW Sturmpioneers? Giving a little more detail will help people to answer your questions better.

In 1v1s vs Ostheer, you have a few options.

1. Build 4 conscripts as normal and don't let the engis get close. Always give ground unless they are down to 2 models or really low health. As soon as they stop to cap turn around and attack them again. Using Oorah! can help you keep your distance.

2. Build T1 to get the Scout Car. Since engineers don't have access to panzerfausts, they will only do minimal damage to the vehicle. Put a Penal squad with a flamethrower in the car for optimal results.

3. Once you hit 2CP get some doctrinal Shock Troopers. Engineers will be completely worthless unless they have a flamethrower.

The only map I've ever had a problem with the engineer spam strat is on Stalingrad. It's all close quarters fighting and flamethrowers can be really strong.

5 Dec 2014, 17:37 PM

Is that supposed to help anyone? :snfBarton:
9 Dec 2014, 21:42 PM

Clarify?

I answered the thread topic. OP apparently didn't make an actual post, just a topic line.
10 Dec 2014, 05:21 AM
Donator 11

Which OP?
Looks like you hit "new topic" instead of "new reply" ^^
10 Dec 2014, 19:40 PM

So, I might have made that mistake, I'm not sure. But on the forum thread page, the Thread Author is listed as Maist (not me). Would that still happen if I clicked New Topic instead of New Reply?
10 Dec 2014, 19:49 PM

i've seen this forum bug before
12 Dec 2014, 06:20 AM

3. Once you hit 2CP get some doctrinal Shock Troopers. Engineers will be completely worthless unless they have a flamethrower.

This imo is a mistake. You have T1 ans Shocks, hence ABSOLUTELY no AT at all.
His Scout cars will rip you apart.
12 Dec 2014, 08:04 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 19:49 PMRupert
i've seen this forum bug before

Me too. Sometimes the OP comes in at around #3 or #4.
12 Dec 2014, 08:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

What maps? What mode(s)? And are you talking about Ostheer engineers or OKW Sturmpioneers? Giving a little more detail will help people to answer your questions better.

In 1v1s vs Ostheer, you have a few options.

1. Build 4 conscripts as normal and don't let the engis get close. Always give ground unless they are down to 2 models or really low health. As soon as they stop to cap turn around and attack them again. Using Oorah! can help you keep your distance.

2. Build T1 to get the Scout Car. Since engineers don't have access to panzerfausts, they will only do minimal damage to the vehicle. Put a Penal squad with a flamethrower in the car for optimal results.

The only map I've ever had a problem with the engineer spam strat is on Stalingrad. It's all close quarters fighting and flamethrowers can be really strong.

Was there an OP to which you were responding, or was there no OP, so your post was directed at the Thread title, please?

(I'm trying to decide if there was a bug here,since the same poster made the same thread over a month ago http://www.coh2.org/topic/26382/how-to-deal-with-early-game-german-engineers-spam/page/1#post_id240125)
10 Jan 2015, 07:29 AM

if ostheer is starting out engineer spam, then that means hes rushing T2 (usually with the long term goal of calling in tigers). just locate his fuel cache (usually on hit cutoff) and destroy it, itll totally undermine his plan.

There shouldnt be any special build you need to do to counter this. conscripts can beat engineers as long as the engineers arent in close range and in cover. Panzergrandiers are good but wont have anything to do against your much larger infantry force because of the T2 rushing strategy, scout cars will be countered by your conscript's at grenades.
13 Jan 2015, 20:37 PM

@MajorBloodnok I saw the thread you referenced after I made my original post, which was a reply to the thread title.

I think it's a forum bug too. I thought someone posted a thread title without body to the post, so I responded, hoping to get some further clarification on the questions he/she had.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★