Login

russian armor

tiger aces

3 Nov 2014, 14:44 PM

i think a fuel cost will be faire.like 120 or more.
often elite trup user can buld 2 or 3 pz4 then call in tiger ace after 20, 25 min of game, is to much, gl for stop them.
3 Nov 2014, 15:13 PM

Lets check:

Troop training is overnerfed and complete joke compared to what elite rifle proposes.
Stun grenade retreat stooping bug aside is nice, but almost useless if your opponent can dodge grenades.
G 43 highly situational, mostly bad.
Panzer tactician still good.
Tiger Ace is Ace.

Now look at efficiency of other most-used doctrines and tell me how this doctrine will survive any more nerfs.
3 Nov 2014, 18:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The TA starts to lose value further we add players into the equation. I don't think that the unit on itself needs a nerf rather than normalize the cost of it.
Basically so you can't just go PIVs, lose fuel control, get TA because i can always save up mp.
Anyways, i don't think it's such a problem ATM which requires tweaking and messing with it.
3 Nov 2014, 19:37 PM

Nailed it.

Heavy tanks should be a rare thing. Currently they are almost seen more often than mediums. In the current meta this may be fine, let's say for the sake of argument they are even perfectly balanced. Even so, from an authenticity standpoint (note I am not saying "realism"), as a casual-level ww2 buff, I have a nagging subjective feeling the heavies should be less frequently seen.

From a "feel" perspective, pouring so much firepower, armour and popcap into a single unit is sort of detrimental to everything CoH stands for. It shifts warfare from wars of maneuver, infantry wars and flanking to single-point boss unit siege breakthroughs.

Sure, who DOESN'T like to control the iconic lumbering behemoths of WW2? But having multiple of them in every game really decreases that uniqueness factor. It makes something that should be rare and awesome into something mundane.

+1
3 Nov 2014, 23:41 PM

Wow, you just suggested 6 DOCTRINAL counters to this unit. Any unit in the game should be counterable with nondoctrinal units, because otherwise you are just feeding the call-in meta problem. In terms of bleeding manpower, good luck attacking infantry with anything that won't be countered by the tiger ace. Hell, any non-doctrinal AT counter gets absolutely murdered by the Tiger Ace. SU-85s and jackson can get hit by target weak point, and then they are dead. AT guns will get sniped quite handily, especially since the zis only has about a 60% chance to penetrate the thing.

I would be fine with the tiger ace if it actually required a fuel investment. It does not. Do not point out the reduced income after it is called in. The reduced income is balanced out by the fact that you can still purchase other armor before the tiger ace, and that you will be destroying your opponents army and manpower income with the ace. At the very least, I feel that the tiger ace income reduction should also last for 5 minutes after the tank dies.

5 minutes? Why not make it 5 hours?? 2 minutes would surely suffice.
4 Nov 2014, 01:43 AM

I saw why people are asking for playercards here. I don't want to start a debate related to my player card vs his. This is disgusting and people are asking this just to find something to pick on if they disagree to you, no matter how you stats look. So no, I won't show you my player card, not in this kind of discution. Garden off.

im not interested in comparing mine vs yours.

but if you have the gall to say l2p in a thread where i want to discuss unit performance. i want to know what kind of game mode, where you stand in terms of how much you understand, before i take your words seriously, or brand you off as someone who hasnt reached a competitive enough level.

im only having problems with this unit because of its anti infantry capabilities. i want a solid counter for this unit and not rely on luck, isu152, TA player slipping up or playing against a bad opponent. so far i dont have a good answer to the TA.

to the guy who suggested bombing runs on a mobile tank, dude, seriously?
4 Nov 2014, 02:16 AM

Permanently Banned
It comes at 15 cp.

Tiger Ace is fine

:guyokay:
4 Nov 2014, 03:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 01:43 AMwongtp

im only having problems with this unit because of its anti infantry capabilities. i want a solid counter for this unit and not rely on luck, isu152, TA player slipping up or playing against a bad opponent. so far i dont have a good answer to the TA.

Mines + SU 85

Add Guard Button + Mark Target if you have to
4 Nov 2014, 06:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 01:43 AMwongtp

im not interested in comparing mine vs yours.

but if you have the gall to say l2p in a thread where i want to discuss unit performance. i want to know what kind of game mode, where you stand in terms of how much you understand, before i take your words seriously, or brand you off as someone who hasnt reached a competitive enough level.

to the guy who suggested bombing runs on a mobile tank, dude, seriously?

1.Yesterday I fought a Tiger Ace on 2v2 which I play most, maybe 80% of my game time (AT or random). That Tiger Ace wasn't unsupported, it has infantry and PZIV with it. And somehow, my AT partner with T34/85s together with my USF AT gun from side, managed to damaged it so hard that it had to retreat. Then it chased it with his '85 and killed it. In that attack, the opponent lost 2 PZIVs and a Tiger Ace.
2. Also yesterday in a random 2v2 I was overrun with a Tiger Ace that killed my stuart, my medical truck, my major and an infantry squad. From behind I started to fire with an USF AT gun and a Jakson. From side was my partner's Jakson that came to my help. Mister Tiger Rape backed off while taking damage from my AT gun and Jackson which were both on armor piercing and managed a few succesfull shots. Then I chase it with my Jackson and the Jackson of my partner and managed to kill it.

I know it's a problematic unit. I know and I saw it it's verry hard to kill. But I write all this borring staff above for you to understand why I don't consider it OP.

Edit: Dat player card you have on your signature it's a smurf's player card. Show me your real old player card and I will show you mine.
5 Nov 2014, 01:45 AM

1.Yesterday I fought a Tiger Ace on 2v2 which I play most, maybe 80% of my game time (AT or random). That Tiger Ace wasn't unsupported, it has infantry and PZIV with it. And somehow, my AT partner with T34/85s together with my USF AT gun from side, managed to damaged it so hard that it had to retreat. Then it chased it with his '85 and killed it. In that attack, the opponent lost 2 PZIVs and a Tiger Ace.
2. Also yesterday in a random 2v2 I was overrun with a Tiger Ace that killed my stuart, my medical truck, my major and an infantry squad. From behind I started to fire with an USF AT gun and a Jakson. From side was my partner's Jakson that came to my help. Mister Tiger Rape backed off while taking damage from my AT gun and Jackson which were both on armor piercing and managed a few succesfull shots. Then I chase it with my Jackson and the Jackson of my partner and managed to kill it.

I know it's a problematic unit. I know and I saw it it's verry hard to kill. But I write all this borring staff above for you to understand why I don't consider it OP.

Edit: Dat player card you have on your signature it's a smurf's player card. Show me your real old player card and I will show you mine.

eh? its sunbro, its what i have been using all the time.

not sure what are you describing, but as far as i know, good TA users are also good isu152 users. just A move with that thing and never let it get flanked. its in that kind of hands, TAs are even worse than KT. put a pak behind and you shut off jacksons slugging it out with the TA, grens around means dead t3485 flanks. TA can take out AT guns on its own quite safely. use grens to force the Zis to move and TA can roll everything.
5 Nov 2014, 02:51 AM

Permanently Banned

plz do
5 Nov 2014, 04:32 AM

If you know they go ET can't you just keep bleeding them? 800 is a lot.
5 Nov 2014, 07:02 AM

yep, im trying to avoid double sniper play. guess that wouldnt work. i have to play isu152 or snipers to t34/85 to bleed them. thanks anyways for the advise, ill just go back to playing cheese tactics and stay away from usf.
5 Nov 2014, 07:13 AM

ouch. calling out someone's playercard without showing your own? I thought that was the "code" on this forum
5 Nov 2014, 07:30 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 07:02 AMwongtp
yep, im trying to avoid double sniper play. guess that wouldnt work. i have to play isu152 or snipers to t34/85 to bleed them. thanks anyways for the advise, ill just go back to playing cheese tactics and stay away from usf.

I would argue that the USF is much easier to deal with the TA doctrine than the soviets. Assuming he uses troop training at some point, the US is much better equipped to deal with the panzer 4s using shermans and jacksons than the soviets are with anything that's not doctrinal and will come out late. The troop training fuel cost ensures atleast a sherman and likely close to a jackson will be available when the first p4 comes out. Then you just need to focus on the Paks and one or two panzers before you can have vehicle domination of the map.
5 Nov 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 07:30 AMTobis

I would argue that the USF is much easier to deal with the TA doctrine than the soviets. Assuming he uses troop training at some point, the US is much better equipped to deal with the panzer 4s using shermans and jacksons than the soviets are with anything that's not doctrinal and will come out late. The troop training fuel cost ensures atleast a sherman and likely close to a jackson will be available when the first p4 comes out. Then you just need to focus on the Paks and one or two panzers before you can have vehicle domination of the map.

depends, im comfortable with dual t34/85 than shermans/jacksons, tankier and less specialized than usf tanks. mark target makes it alot easier to bring down a TA.

and snipers, very important. not even riflemen have enough dps to deal with lmg spam.
5 Nov 2014, 13:07 PM

This threat is as far as I can tell again a case of comparing apples with oranges.

Tiger Ace is fine in 1v1 and 2v2 with VPC. From my point of view you don't see it too often in these either.
Its a powerfull unit but it comes very late and because of the MP income hit even if it cause large emounts of damage that is often not enough to prevent a VPC victory. The not kiling the Ace but everything else, especially repairing units is a very effective counter.

With 3v3 and 4v4 or without VPC the balance is out of the window anyways and so its mood arguing if its because of the Tiger Ace or not.

5 Nov 2014, 15:30 PM

I made a thread about it before and I agree the Tiger Ace is stupid. It needs to cost fuel at least. I have won games I shouldn't have by calling it in.

I am willing to bet that a lot of people here think it is okay in the game because new players yolo charge the tiger ace and get it killed instantly. However, with proper micro the thing is just a cheap beast that gets a failing axis player back in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★