Login

russian armor

tiger aces

2 Nov 2014, 22:07 PM

And that's also why soviets is giving axis shitty headaches across all game modes

cons maxim Zis spam into ISU152

That is only in 1v1... Axis dominate in every mode over 1v1. Soviets are only doing well do to weird unconventional units like snipers, m3+flamer and OP ISU and MG spam. THe things that are supposed to be doing the bulk of the fighting stink like Cons and Guards.
2 Nov 2014, 22:34 PM

Wow, you just suggested 6 DOCTRINAL counters to this unit. Any unit in the game should be counterable with nondoctrinal units, because otherwise you are just feeding the call-in meta problem. In terms of bleeding manpower, good luck attacking infantry with anything that won't be countered by the tiger ace. Hell, any non-doctrinal AT counter gets absolutely murdered by the Tiger Ace. SU-85s and jackson can get hit by target weak point, and then they are dead. AT guns will get sniped quite handily, especially since the zis only has about a 60% chance to penetrate the thing.

I would be fine with the tiger ace if it actually required a fuel investment. It does not. Do not point out the reduced income after it is called in. The reduced income is balanced out by the fact that you can still purchase other armor before the tiger ace, and that you will be destroying your opponents army and manpower income with the ace. At the very least, I feel that the tiger ace income reduction should also last for 5 minutes after the tank dies.

Sorry to say but this unit is fine:

-It comes at 15 cp!

-It's in a doctrine that has no offmap support (B4 in my experience has been a good counter)
Please note as well that Wehrmacht on map artillery like the panzerwerfer sucks bad right now.

-It wrecks your MP income as well as basically stops fuel income

-It needs at least 3 pios to repair it in any reasonable time

-It's a muni hog, But well spent muni normally

-Mines can cause it to get destroyed, And the fear of mines ensures that its not too aggressive
(if it gets a destroyed engine its done)

-Medium tank swarms work wonders versus it

-Overlapping ATG fire still effects it

With that said imo its the best single tank in the game, It's fast, Got good vision range, Got a stun, Has smoke, Has blitz and is great at killing other single tanks.
And is a anti infantry monster on top of it.

3 Nov 2014, 00:28 AM

That is only in 1v1... Axis dominate in every mode over 1v1. Soviets are only doing well do to weird unconventional units like snipers, m3+flamer and OP ISU and MG spam. THe things that are supposed to be doing the bulk of the fighting stink like Cons and Guards.

Allies "dominate" in 2v2 more than anything. Well, "dominate" is saying too much, it is by no means a foregone conclusion, but win ratios at the higher levels of play are definetly in their favour. I concur with you though that Cons could need a little love, still, con builds can be played very successfully in 1v1.
3 Nov 2014, 00:48 AM
Patrion 14

-It comes at 15 cp!

not that i disagree with you but only like fist 8cp takes time and by that time the actions get so heat up your cp goes up like crazy
3 Nov 2014, 01:23 AM

Allies "dominate" in 2v2 more than anything. Well, "dominate" is saying too much, it is by no means a foregone conclusion, but win ratios at the higher levels of play are definetly in their favour. I concur with you though that Cons could need a little love, still, con builds can be played very successfully in 1v1.

According to Legends data, Axis are doing extremely well in 2v2.

his/her data from 9-15-14 to 9-25-14 show that

Win ratios:

USSR: .546
USA: .560
OKW: .781
OST: .689

Source: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/106966-win-lose-ratio-from-15-9-25-9-2014-much-more

Unfortunately, his latest set of data (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing) does not include 3v3 or 2v2 win ratios, but Legends says that the data hasn't changed much. We can assume that the numbers have stayed relatively consistent.
3 Nov 2014, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 18:34 PMboc120
Jinseual, surely you meant that you play 1v1s and that only 1v1 is even close to being balanced, right? Because what you wrote is nonsense.

I haven't faced a TA in forever, but I could see where they may still cause some players trouble.

I played a lot of 1v1s in automatch and custom games before, but not anymore because my computer can no longer play CoH2 with reasonable fps anymore since every update ruins the game's optimization. However, I still play this game a lot and watch a lot of streams on 1v1s so I do understand the units, the tech routes and strategies. I have not played 1v1 for while, but don't be too quick with your assumptions in thinking I know nothing about 1v1s even if I never played a 1v1 game.
3 Nov 2014, 04:07 AM

I played a lot of 1v1s in automatch and custom games before, but not anymore because my computer can no longer play CoH2 with reasonable fps anymore since every update ruins the game's optimization. However, I still play this game a lot and watch a lot of streams on 1v1s so I do understand the units, the tech routes and strategies. I have not played 1v1 for while, but don't be too quick with your assumptions in thinking I know nothing about 1v1s even if I never played a 1v1 game.

Yeah I love how my computer can run Crysis 3 at 4k but can barely handle CoH2 at 1080p with low AA, Not to mention the invisible buildings, The pink trucks, Makes streaming look terribad..
Kinda off topic but please fix this games optimization relic!

Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 04:58 AM

I just don't like how it nails at guns killing the crew in 1 shot or breaks the gun after 2 shots.
3 Nov 2014, 07:00 AM
Donator 33

Van Voort nailed it. Any time it's alive and not being utilized it's harming its owner. And since it doesn't accumulate vet there's no pressing need to chase it down... if it wants to disengage from the fight then that's great.

3 Nov 2014, 07:48 AM

Nerfing Tiger Ace? Again? What would you like to have instead? A Panzer 4? Would that be fine for you?
Now seriously, you guys can't mean it. There are threads that request nerfs that are somwhat logical: kubel, JagdTiger, ISU. But Tiger Ace? That thing was nerfed in the past. They even added an mp cost for it. AND it comes with penalty for the player who use it.
Actually, regular Tiger needs a little buff. IS2 owns it almost every time.

What's with this nerfing threads anyway? So much bias. Next time I see such a thing I will pick an Allied unit that ennoy me the most and start a nurfing thread.

Basicaly, L2P.
3 Nov 2014, 08:15 AM

Hey! That's a brilliant idea! A Panzer IV ace! Dude, that's really cool, I need to start agitating for Relic to include that. Maybe even put it in instead of the Tiger Ace anyway.
3 Nov 2014, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 10:09 AMwuff
I'd say all heavies ruin the game, once they start appearing on the field the game becomes incredibly boring.

I kinda agree with you.
It's like super intense with T34's, P4's, Panthers, ..

Aaaaaand there they are, KT JT and ISU... Same old, same gardening old..
3 Nov 2014, 11:22 AM
Patrion 14

It's like super intense with T34's, P4's, Panthers, ..

Aaaaaand there they are, KT JT and ISU... Same old, same gardening old..
Nailed it.

Heavy tanks should be a rare thing. Currently they are almost seen more often than mediums. In the current meta this may be fine, let's say for the sake of argument they are even perfectly balanced. Even so, from an authenticity standpoint (note I am not saying "realism"), as a casual-level ww2 buff, I have a nagging subjective feeling the heavies should be less frequently seen.

From a "feel" perspective, pouring so much firepower, armour and popcap into a single unit is sort of detrimental to everything CoH stands for. It shifts warfare from wars of maneuver, infantry wars and flanking to single-point boss unit siege breakthroughs.

Sure, who DOESN'T like to control the iconic lumbering behemoths of WW2? But having multiple of them in every game really decreases that uniqueness factor. It makes something that should be rare and awesome into something mundane.
3 Nov 2014, 12:33 PM

Amen drChengele.
3 Nov 2014, 12:44 PM

I never see Tiger aces anymore, but I usually play any game mode that's not 1v1. Maybe the Tiger Ace is a problem in 1v1s but 1v1s is not well balanced anyways. There are flaws in the Tiger Ace doctrine which the allies can exploit. The Elite doctrine does not have any offmap counters to artillery so the artillery can work well against them. They also can't counter an ISU152 which like you said with the Tiger ace can counter everything but with 70 range instead of 50. If you feel like you're going to get abused by a Tiger Ace just abuse the player back with some ISUs.

thats the problem, im trying to stay away from the isu152. seems like i have to use it somehow. guess its either cheese or die.

Nerfing Tiger Ace? Again? What would you like to have instead? A Panzer 4? Would that be fine for you?
Now seriously, you guys can't mean it. There are threads that request nerfs that are somwhat logical: kubel, JagdTiger, ISU. But Tiger Ace? That thing was nerfed in the past. They even added an mp cost for it. AND it comes with penalty for the player who use it.
Actually, regular Tiger needs a little buff. IS2 owns it almost every time.

What's with this nerfing threads anyway? So much bias. Next time I see such a thing I will pick an Allied unit that ennoy me the most and start a nurfing thread.

Basicaly, L2P.

show ur player card before you tell me to l2p. who knows, maybe its because im not facing you, thats why i've got tiger ace problems. maybe if i faced you, i'd get more wins than losses.
3 Nov 2014, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 12:44 PMwongtp

show ur player card before you tell me to l2p. who knows, maybe its because im not facing you, thats why i've got tiger ace problems. maybe if i faced you, i'd get more wins than losses.

I didn't write this to flame you and I'm not questioning you're game abilities. It came out of me because I am so sick and tired of threads that only require nerfs just because people find it hard to deal with some units.
Whatever, I appologize if I was to harsh.
3 Nov 2014, 14:02 PM
Patrion 14

playercardddddd
3 Nov 2014, 14:08 PM

playercardddddd

I saw why people are asking for playercards here. I don't want to start a debate related to my player card vs his. This is disgusting and people are asking this just to find something to pick on if they disagree to you, no matter how you stats look. So no, I won't show you my player card, not in this kind of discution. Garden off.
3 Nov 2014, 14:42 PM
Patrion 14

fair point.but i didn't say "playercarddddddd" to do what you said.

playercard isn't everything for sure. but it gives you a very basic but useful info about ppl who are leaving comment. the info i think everybody's entitled to if they have to read what you wrote.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 57
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment