Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
31 Oct 2014, 10:36 AM

I think the main thing there was that for instance Penals would not be buildable beyond 2 CP and reintroducing it would mean what? NO Grens if you go for AssGrens or Ostruppen? No Stug if you go for Puma with Ost? NO KT if you have JagdTiger?

What about JLI and Fallshirms? Do partisans replace cons or penals? No Zis if you have M-42.

I think it was good that it was changed but I'd like to see them adding them to the tier buildings without removing of the old things.

Afaik infantry callins were independant from teching back then. Only the tanks were connected to tiers. With lower fuelcosts of course.
31 Oct 2014, 10:39 AM

Afaik infantry callins were independant from teching back then. Only the tanks were connected to tiers. With lower fuelcosts of course.

No, the original implementation was that guards and shocks replaced penals in the build menu.
31 Oct 2014, 10:41 AM

:D Everybody was complain during the CoH 2 beta because that was the way call ins worked back then. Ostheer t4 had Elefant, Tiger etc buildable, soviets had thier respective supertanks in those tiers. But everyone complained that this System should be changed. So, the call in System with hefty fuel costs that's now present was introduced and kept.

Good idea to Change it back once again.

I was thinking of Guards shock (renamed to Strelky a.k.a rifleman) being in Tiers with no requirements depending on doctrine but on Tiers, changing their role in game, more versatile (nades, AT nades for all), give ostruppen to ostheer tier, rename them to volksturm etc, also IMO Heavy tanks should stay as call-ins

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 10:31 AMCruzz

All are possible, upgrades are quite a lot of work because there are a lot of files involved. The other three are fairly simple.

I was also thinking if it's possible to make weapon racks (just like US have) for all factions and most of the weapons (shrecks, LMG's, maybe even G43, StG44)
31 Oct 2014, 10:42 AM

I recall call-ins replaced units from their corresponding tier buildings. Shocks and guards replacing penals, T34/85 replacing T34/76, Tiger replacing Panther etc.
31 Oct 2014, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 10:42 AMZtormi

I recall call-ins replaced units from their corresponding tier buildings. Shocks and guards replacing penals, T34/85 replacing T34/76, Tiger replacing Panther etc.

When thinking of it the whole system makes way more sense than the current one. Luckily, they changed it to something more random...:gimpy:
31 Oct 2014, 11:03 AM

Could con have 1 DP-28 upgrade? ;)

and Keep up the good work!
31 Oct 2014, 11:43 AM

Personally I think the Tiger tank of Ostheer (normal) should have his 1280 hp back, or have an increase on it's armour. Since IS-2 is making a damn fool of it, which should be the opposite.

AT guns have enough penetration to do the tiger a big harm. So it could be done.

But that is my opinion.
31 Oct 2014, 11:52 AM

Personally I think the Tiger tank of Ostheer (normal) should have his 1280 hp back, or have an increase on it's armour. Since IS-2 is making a damn fool of it, which should be the opposite.

AT guns have enough penetration to do the tiger a big harm. So it could be done.

But that is my opinion.

No, this is not just your opinion. It is mine too, and I think it should be added in the patch notes.
But hey, annyway, good patch! Giving the author, I was expecting an Axis nerf to the ground and an Allied buff to the sky, but what do you know? Well balanced and well built. Nice one. Hope Relic throw an eye on it and implement at least some of these suggestions.
31 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 09:06 AMCruzz

These should not be horribly complex, after all all it takes is to copy the PG shrek code except with the upgrade names replaced. Only problem with giving LMGs this is that it will lead to LMGs being everywhere, but I guess for usability's sake it should be done.

What if you did to guards the reverse of what you did to obers? And combine both weapons into one. At least there might be less drops, and if i'm not mistaken it would have roughly the same dps as a LMG42.
31 Oct 2014, 13:14 PM

Relic, please please consider these changes and implement some of them. ATLEAST, implement the changes to the Call ins and ISU / Jagd.
Everything else is about perfect!
31 Oct 2014, 13:22 PM

I fear that Relic won't adapt the changes because they fear that their pride gets hurt when they openly accept that a community member did a better job in balancing than their team for months.
31 Oct 2014, 13:36 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

lol this is amazing.

31 Oct 2014, 13:50 PM

after a couple of games with the Amis today... I'm glad for the Bazooka buff. They sure need them...
31 Oct 2014, 13:52 PM

mixed feelings.

while i love the changes myself, i fear that having 2 versions of coh2 ("live" and "kappa) might be detrimental to the community as a whole. you know how ppl are. many wont care about "kappa" and might get confused, when they watch tournaments using "kappa"... others will insult the once still playing "live", because theyll feel playing "kappa" makes them superior (they will believe me)

one can only hope that "kappa" will inspire future balance patches (i'd implement all the changes if i was in charge right now) and in a few months or so we wont actually need another verison of the game, because "live" is actually balanced...
31 Oct 2014, 13:56 PM

this mod need a tournament ASAP
31 Oct 2014, 13:58 PM

31 Oct 2014, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Changes are looking very good, but after playing around with it I think the combination of industry manpower penalty nerf being reduced significantly + half cost of T3/T4 tech after the other is built + soviet stock tank buff all around + no drop in the fuel boost makes the doctrine really out of hand. It probably warrants a close look at, for sure.

I played a game with industry, had 5 infantry squads (four penals one conscript) + 2 engineers, and built both T3 and T4, a T70, T34, SU85, and Katyusha, captured two Paks, and never once encountered a manpower shortage at any point after hitting 3CP.
31 Oct 2014, 14:35 PM

Cool, i'll certainly give it a shot. A steam group for the mod might be handy as well.
31 Oct 2014, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

Cruzz,

What about?

Stug G
Panzer II "Luch" performance versus Infantry.
31 Oct 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 06:07 AMRomeo
I hope balance continue to improve in live game, not just mod :D

Maybe something like this will be good for tournament though.

That a good idea ! Make a little tournament to test the mod !
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS