russian armor

Fantasy Soviet Faction - Worker's Militia

27 Oct 2014, 21:19 PM

wanna see in game

bm-13 need rebalance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSWmbUJMk0

p.s. different bm-13 ammo http://youtu.be/ztf5JqoidI4?t=10m11s
27 Oct 2014, 22:45 PM

it is good to just this idea of new vehicles and the Soviet whermachtem included in the latest patch, I would like to manufacture Company of Heroes 2 was occupied with this matter
27 Oct 2014, 23:20 PM

Yea you are right. Combat Engies / sappers / pios should really be one of the best units out there. But to follow the idea of the Workers milita maybe the building unit could be simply workers conscripted to work? I know that definitely was a thing.

My reasoning was that I didn't want a repeat of Sturmpios, the faction would be a bit too close to OKW then. Especially since with veterancy these guys are meant to become pretty good at destroying tanks (though you are absolutely correct)
27 Oct 2014, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 20:30 PMNinjaWJ
I really like the units but im not sure I like the concept of workers militia. Seems odd that simple civilians thrown desperately into battle become better than vet 3 grens at a certain point. It would be great, obviously, but I feel the veterancy should belong to conscripts

Vet 0 - 2 Cons
Vet 3-4 Frontoviki
Vet 5 Guards Infantry

My reasoning there is that you'd have to have a reward for using these not too good units, otherwise why would you bother getting them? but your point is taken.
27 Oct 2014, 23:40 PM

Yeah being 'better' than vet 3 grens seems over the top. But still not worse by a lot. Since as you say. You gimp yourself a bit while unvetted but then they shine through in late.
27 Oct 2014, 23:59 PM

The T-60 was armed with the TNSh 20 mm cannon, not the DShK 12.7 mm HMG. Other than that, all the gusta. Here, have a +1.
28 Oct 2014, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 23:59 PMVolsky
The T-60 was armed with the TNSh 20 mm cannon, not the DShK 12.7 mm HMG. Other than that, all the gusta. Here, have a +1.

Whoops :blush:
28 Oct 2014, 03:26 AM

The 3 man tank hunter team is redundant; the two man scout team could have a PTRS package.

I also think that the Storm Group should be a doctrinal thing.

But, excellent ideas!
28 Oct 2014, 04:18 AM

The 3 man tank hunter team is redundant; the two man scout team could have a PTRS package.

I also think that the Storm Group should be a doctrinal thing.

But, excellent ideas!

I'd respectfully disagree with both those ideas.

The tank hunter team is the only AT for one of the buildings and plays an important role later on in the game at slowing down enemy tanks. The scout team is very different in their role of calling down artillery.

The storm group also is some elite assault infantry for the faction and I'm rather sick of effective infantry for Allies being tied up in doctrines, I'd rather see them non-doctrinal.
28 Oct 2014, 05:51 AM

Restock and Reaffirm:
"Attempt to retrieve more supplies from the front lines while keeping your artillery stocked and keeping the enemy within your sights".

2 CP: Spy Nest.
"Convert a building to a spy nest, and allow yourself to monitor all activity within the building's territory".
For set fuel and set manpower, you can convert a building to a spy nest where it will look like an ordinary building, but it will mark all enemy units in the sector on the minimap. If you spend munitions, then for a short amount of time, you are given all sight of the sector. When a spy nest is established, the enemy receives a tip that there is a nest in a group of sectors (enemy has to find which sector is holding the building), and the building looks no different and shows nothing different when the enemy hovers over it, but if the enemy guesses right and occupies the building with the spy nest, then the nest is instantly destroyed.

3 CP: ZiS ammunition truck for set manpower and fuel with limit of one (and this truck can tow around artillery to adjust them in better positions)
"This ZiS truck carries ammunition to your artillery/rocket batteries, allowing them to fire more frequently. The truck is also willing to tow around static artillery in case of enemy advances" - The truck reduces any artillery cooldown by 15% in a set radius. Has a small animation of hitching artillery and towing it to a new location at a reduced speed. Has to deploy though and pack up so it cant simply drive everywhere and assist everything nonstop, and is vulnerable to enemy flanks this way as well.

3 CP: Weapon loss compensation (passive)
"Weapons that are lost on the battlefield are resupplied for free at the HQ when the squad reinforces. Additionally, all units with any active ability cooldowns get their cooldowns reset once they retreat back to the base".
Any unit that losses an upgraded weapon or PTRS while on the battlefield gets their weapon returned once they return to the base via retreat. Unit cooldowns on abilities reset once units reach the base on retreat.

OR

3 CP: Weapon Preservation Rewarding (ability like mechanized vehicle refunding)
"Stavka rewards you with munitions whenever you return valuable team weapons that have been lost in battle."
Would require fancy coding: Soviet team weapons lost in battle can be refunded with munitions once recaptured and brought to the base (and has to be coded that the weapon was decrewed outside the base). Use ability and click on the team weapon, and the members of the crew will drag the weapon out of the map. Example: 25 munitions per weapon or each team weapon has their own muni value.

4 CP: Resource Depot
"Build a resource depot in your base to send off ZiS resource trucks to receive resources from the front lines (AKA: CP's). The further away a CP is, the more you gain in resources."
A neater version of extra supply gain, you build a supply depot in your base which can build and field a max of two ZiS resource trucks to gather resources (does not take up popcap). They spawn empty, and you can automate them to bring resources from a CP. Selecting a CP will have the truck automatically come to and from the CP and resource depot. Once arrived at the CP, the truck will go through the animation of loading resources, and once full, it will return to the resource depot. There, it will go through another animatiom of unloading, and then you get resources depending on how far the CP was from the base (would need hefty adjustments and tinkering). This would be a cool way to simulate resource gathering compared to the Opel blitz, and the ZiS truck is very vulnerable when traveling to and back from the CP, and perhaps the resources from the truck can be sabotaged by the enemy once it tries to return to base.

Sabotage brainstorming: if truck with resources is shot by small arms, it has a high chance of being abandoned upon death. In its death, it will become an ambient vehicle wreck that cant be used but the resources on the back can be retrieved by any infantry. Critical wont work with tank guns and explosive weapons/explosions.

Perhaps you can draw the trucks' path of travel on the minimap to the chosen CP.

6 CP: Watch that enemy!
"Any unit that is seen in your sight can be targetted with this ability, sending a Red Army plane to stalk the unit until the plane is shot down or its time is up".
Works like mark target's spotter plane, but obviously the targetted unit receives no debuffs. Lasts for a minute or until it is shot down, and is marginally cheaper than mark target.

This commander simulates logistical support in both the ammunition truck and resource truck. It is cool to have these small factors going around and contributing to resource production and ability cooldowns compared to the fact that everything has unlimited ammo and does not need logistic support in this game, and you gain resources magically through capturing land. Guards PTRS and DP's of the basic Soviet cant even be bought back, so i might as well make this faction a passive commander ability to get lost equipment back for free. Helps the PTRD squad and in case of DP squads who pick up an extra weapon and lose the DP when they retreat back to base with one man. OR you can get some muni off of late game weapons teams lying around. The spy nest and recon plane help the awesome stock artillery gain sight of targets.

Feel free to comment.
28 Oct 2014, 05:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

weapon loss compensation doesn't really make sense in a commander that can't call in guard rifles.
28 Oct 2014, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2014, 05:56 AMRomeo
weapon loss compensation doesn't really make sense in a commander that can't call in guard rifles.

Very minor, but in case the 3 man PTRD squad loses a PTRD at some point, or if a squad carrying a DP picks up a weapon, and is killed down to one man an drops the DP, but returns to base. I was trying to figure out something along "restock" without it being too stupid.

If you have a replacement suggestion, then that would be great. :)
28 Oct 2014, 06:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

you could do something simple like every time you recover a gun or team weapon, you get like 25 munitions for having conserved supplies
28 Oct 2014, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2014, 06:01 AMRomeo
you could do something simple like every time you recover a gun or team weapon, you get like 25 munitions for having conserved supplies

Done. Rather intuitive and neat, if you ask me.
28 Oct 2014, 06:17 AM
Benefactor 392

When I seen the 30 rocket thing, all I could think about are nebelwerfers :(
28 Oct 2014, 06:17 AM

10/10. Would pay for this DLC.
28 Oct 2014, 06:19 AM

Thanks all for the comments, Braciszek, I'm adding your doctrine to the main post (which is getting pretty big now)
28 Oct 2014, 06:33 AM

Thanks all for the comments, Braciszek, I'm adding your doctrine to the main post (which is getting pretty big now)

Made some small changes in my post (mainly regarding sabotage mechanics of the supply trucks).

Ill probably write more later, because: why not? A faction needs to have at least 3 commanders.
28 Oct 2014, 08:00 AM

Made some small changes in my post (mainly regarding sabotage mechanics of the supply trucks).

Ill probably write more later, because: why not? A faction needs to have at least 3 commanders.

Added.

I look forward to whatever else you can think up. :)
28 Oct 2014, 08:45 AM

One of the commanders can be done on the basis of Ural Volunteer Tank Corps

Urals (Ural-Lvov) Guards Volunteer Tank Corps was formed in 1943 and is equipped with weapons and equipment, the production workers of Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk and Molotov areas (now - the Perm region) unpaid work over the plan and on voluntary contributions. Especially for Ural Volunteer Tank Corps in Zlatoust was released 3356 Finnish knives ("black knife"). This short blades with black handles are in service of our tankers, inspired enemies fear and respect. "Shvartsmesser Panzer Division " - Panzer Division "Black Knives" - the so-called German intelligence Ural Corps at Kursk in the summer of 1943. The personnel also recruited workers from the Urals. The chassis has been selected 9660 people from 115 thousand applicants.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★